NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

We have no driver. Its time to see who Bogdan really is in the NBA and hand him the keys. The players don't know Cory. I'll b very disappointed if I dont see Bogdan and Buddy starting together.

Bogi with Hield starting
Cojo and Yogi off bench with Justin James getting some minutes with either
Time to give the kid a little run and see what he’s got. If they don’t want to do that then bring up Guy or Ulis...obvious Ulis has experience but at this point, playoffs are not in the cards without both Fox and Bagley so give the young guys some run
I think they'll just bump CoJo and Yogi up. Luke is going to do what he can to try and win as many games as possible. I don't think they're going to throw in the towel so soon. James will probably come in to play later in the season once all hopes are over.

Fox getting hurt is bad news to be sure. And if some Kingsfans need to take a break or go find another team to root for, go for it. Please.
But this injury brings with it an opportunity:
1. It's an opportunity for Yogi to show that he can step up like Bobby Jackson did when Bibby got hurt. Yogi's not BJ, so save the cheap one liners. But Yogi, like BJ at that time, needs to be given an opportunity to show what he's capable of.
2. It's an opportunity for the whole team to step up their games and find a winning identity.
Imagine Yogi becoming a valuable piece of a winning Kings team. Bags and Giles back and doing their thing at new levels. Then Fox returns, fresh.
It’s not about finding another team or anything dramatic. It’s just not fun watching games for some of us, knowing that we aren’t making the playoffs now.

The dream is dead and that’s no fun. With no Fox and Bagley, what players am i supposed to be excited about in terms of watching them develop? Meh

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You just haaaaaaad to tempt fate didn't you? :p
I accept total responsibility. I offer my sincere apologies. I actually knew better shortly after I posted it but I couldn't find it again to delete it! I know better and I promise with all my heart not to repeat my grievous error. Mea culpa.

Don't watch if you are easily depressed... in the same effect like you'd check WebMD for your mole on your back. It might be nothing but it always sounds worse from the doctor...

Hahaha. Funny, I happened to have watched that video earlier today, as it magically appeared in my ‘recommended’ videos (thanks a lot YouTube!).

I know the Dr. in the video prefaced by saying he hasn’t seen the video of the injury so he was speculating based upon the limited info released. But it still didn’t sound good.

The only bright side I can see is that it’s likely not a high ankle sprain, which tend to linger longer. I once tore the anterior talofibular ligament in my left ankle playing b-ball so that’s the only personal insight I can offer.

Once healed, I used to re-injure from time to time and it would initially hurt like hell. Like I didn’t think I could play. But 5 minutes later, I could go. So hopefully Swipa has something similar.

Hahaha. Funny, I happened to have watched that video earlier today, as it magically appeared in my ‘recommended’ videos (thanks a lot YouTube!).

I know the Dr. in the video prefaced by saying he hasn’t seen the video of the injury so he was speculating based upon the limited info released. But it still didn’t sound good.

The only bright side I can see is that it’s likely not a high ankle sprain, which tend to linger longer. I once tore the anterior talofibular ligament in my left ankle playing b-ball so that’s the only personal insight I can offer.

Once healed, I used to re-injure from time to time and it would initially hurt like hell. Like I didn’t think I could play. But 5 minutes later, I could go. So hopefully Swipa has something similar.
The only thing I am praying for is for the team to spend as much time as they need to let him heal up and recover properly. This is basically the nightmare situation imo as many many speedsters in the world of sports were hampered by injuries. Speed is definitely the most valuable asset of Fox and I'd hate to see another injury-slows-him-down-and-now-he's-less-deadly situation.

It may have been mentioned but its not just the healing time, once an ankle has had a serious sprain, it's destabilized, and at high risk for re-injury. He may be out until January. Better to wait and do strengthening on it for a month.

The only thing I am praying for is for the team to spend as much time as they need to let him heal up and recover properly. This is basically the nightmare situation imo as many many speedsters in the world of sports were hampered by injuries. Speed is definitely the most valuable asset of Fox and I'd hate to see another injury-slows-him-down-and-now-he's-less-deadly situation.
Ankle sprain is smaller potatoes to a chronic hamstring. Fox will probably be alright.

I hate to say it, but looking at how fox plays, coupled with how lean and wirey he is, I'm not overwhelmingly surprised by this. I hate it, but I'm not shocked.

Say what? You're gonna have to be more specific. I see no correlation between how he plays and him being lean and "wirey" making him more likely to have an ankle injury.
Im surprised you can't see what im describing. This is what kept curry off the court periodically for years. Fox has a very slight frame and he plays like westbrook. It was only a matter of time. Im hardly the only one who has communicated this concern over the past few years. Superstition be damned. Im not trying to say Fox is done, that would be silly. Just that I'm not super surprised.

Im surprised you can't see what im describing. This is what kept curry off the court periodically for years. Fox has a very slight frame and he plays like westbrook. It was only a matter of time. Im hardly the only one who has communicated this concern over the past few years. Superstition be damned. Im not trying to say Fox is done, that would be silly. Just that I'm not super surprised.
You say he plays like Westbrook, but compare him to steph who doesn’t play like Westbrook. o_O

I get what you’re saying. And, yes, maybe Fox will have an injury-plagued career, and maybe his style of play combined with his lean and wirey frame will be viewed as factors.
I think that’s possible.
I also thinks it’s possible that Fox will allow his ankle to fully heal and will come back healthy and strong.
I had the same injury when I played semi-pro baseball. I came back before it was completely healed and paid the price (with chronic ankle problems). Hopefully Fox and his medical team will know (better than I did) when it is time to return.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Say what? You're gonna have to be more specific. I see no correlation between how he plays and him being lean and "wirey" making him more likely to have an ankle injury.
I remember a lot of us had those fears his first year, with his small wiry frame and him getting dinged up throughout.

He compared his body to Steph and his game to Westbrook.
Yeah, as in that's a bad combo. The thing is, Fox is wiry which is a good thing for someone lacking in size. He's not frail or awkward. Those are the skinny types that tend to have career long issues. I think they said someone stepped on his ankle or something. It looks more like a freak thing with his injuries than anything else so I wouldn't worry too much. We just have to hope that this isn't one of those sprains that would have left him better off breaking it instead.

There is no medical correlation between slight frame and ankle strength - or shoulder strength, or knee strength. If you are speaking more broadly about him being one who charges the rim and exposes himself to larger players who will regularly knock him down, then there's a case of him being more often in injury's path. But then that is true of any point guard, regardless of their frame (think of Tyreke Evans' injuries, who is by no means "wiry"). By Fox's admission, he does not have any chronic ankle problems--or other recurring injury areas- so there appears to be little to worry about unless something from this ankle injury makes him more prone to re-injure it going forward. My sense, however, is that the trainers/doctors will preach a strengthening/maintenance routine that will minimize that possibility.