Niners!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Fillmoe said:
could someone give me the positives of the game?
Um...

Er...

Well...

I had Mark Brunell as starting QB on one of my fantasy leagues.

Other than that...

Um...

Er...

Well...

Sorry, that's all I got.

;)

the Positives for this game.......?

THE REDSKINS WON!!! WOOT WOOT WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[font=Arial,Helvetica]Hail to the Redskins![/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica]Hail Victory![/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica]Braves on the Warpath![/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica]Fight for old DC![/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica]Run or pass and score -- we want a lot more![/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica]Scalp 'em, swamp 'em -- We will take 'em [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica]big score[/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica]Read 'em, weep 'em, touchdown - we want heap more[/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica]Fight on, Fight on -- 'Till you have won[/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica]Sons of Wash-ing-ton. Rah!, Rah!, Rah![/font]

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports/story/13775005p-14617021c.html

Injury to Smith gives Dorsey leg up on start
By Matthew Barrows -- Bee Staff Writer

SANTA CLARA - As a member of the Utah Utes a year ago, fleet-footed Alex Smith could dash down the line of scrimmage, turn the corner and expect to find wide-open spaces on the other side.

Nowadays, the 49ers quarterback mostly finds linebackers running with him stride for stride, as was the case Sunday when the Redskins' LaVar Arrington pounc-ed on him just in front of Washington's bench.

The hit left Smith with strained ligaments in his right knee and put into doubt whether the rookie would be able to start Sunday's game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

While Smith watched Wednesday's practice with a bulky black brace on his right leg, third-year player Ken Dorsey ran the first-team offense. Coach Mike Nolan said Smith conceivably could recover in time but that he was leaning toward giving Dorsey his first start since last season's finale.

"We'll know more (today) about Alex's status, but it does look more favorable right now that Ken would be the guy," Nolan said.

For Dorsey, even the possibility of starting marks a tremendous reversal of fortune.

Until last week, he was a frustrated No. 3 quarterback who got his only practice repetitions by throwing to injured receiver P.J. Fleck after the rest of team had headed for the showers. Now he has another chance to show NFL scouts he can be a starter.

"It's been a roller coaster, let me tell you," Dorsey said, a dozen tape recorders and microphones in front of him for the first time all season. "It's been a crazy couple of weeks."

Dorsey was 1-6 as a starter last season, throwing six touchdown passes against nine interceptions and finishing with a 62.4 passer rating. Smith's rating after two rough starts is 17.5, the lowest of any quarterback to start at least one game this season.

Had this scenario played out two weeks ago, one-time starter Tim Rattay would have been the easy choice to fill in. Rattay, however, was traded to the Buccaneers last week and likely will be Tampa Bay's No. 3 quarterback when he returns to San Francisco on Sunday.

One concern is that because Rattay and Smith split virtually all the practice repetitions during the season's first five weeks, Dorsey will enter the game with more rust than a typical backup quarterback.

"It was not what I expected, but it's something I'd like to think I prepared for as well as I could," Dorsey said of starting.

As for Smith, he said he would start paying attention to coaches who, since college, have urged him to run safely out of bounds when he senses trouble.

"That conversation did come up," he said. "That was a first to me because my whole career I've been taking a lot of hits and a lot of shots. ... I need to learn from that."

Smith said he rolled awkwardly on his knee when Arrington tackled him in the first quarter. Smith said the knee ached a bit but only began to stiffen and swell after the game. It was the first time Smith had been hurt in a game, and if he sits out Sunday, it will be the first time he will have missed one because of injury.

"After coming off that start, I want to get back on the field," he said. "When I go through something like that, I want to get back out there, because I want to keep improving."

About the writer: The Bee's Matthew Barrows can be reached at mbarrows@sacbee.com.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It was the first time Smith had been hurt in a game." Unfortunately, with the gaping oozing holes in the line, it won't be the last...

I almost hate to see my boy Kenny out there. I have ALWAYS liked Dorsey but I certainly didn't want to see him back on the field because the "future of the franchise" had an owie.

:(

C'mon Reggie Bush...I hope the Texans go on a winning streak. Last game of the year is against the Texans, that could be a very interesting game on a number of levels. Would anyone want to win? Honestly, I don't know if we even have a chance to win a game until then unless we get some miracle injury recoveries.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Silly loopy. They have Tim Rattay, who will most likely have the game of his life, passing for multiple TDs, including possibly scoring one with the old QB sneak.

;)

O

ONEZERO

Hahaha the time on kingsfans.com hasn't been pushed back an hour yet.

Didn't see the game, but was recaping it on my phone. It seems(by stats) that our rushing game was superb, but the passing was uh well lets just say that passing doesn't exist with us just yet.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
ONEZERO said:
Hahaha the time on kingsfans.com hasn't been pushed back an hour yet.

Didn't see the game, but was recaping it on my phone. It seems(by stats) that our rushing game was superb, but the passing was uh well lets just say that passing doesn't exist with us just yet.
The time shown on your display depends on what YOU have selected in your UserCP options. If you have the box checked to adjust for daylight savings, then the time will be correct.

F

Fillmoe

if alex cant go next week i hope nolan makes the right decision and goes with cody pickett! DUDE IS A STRAIGHT BEAST! makes the tackle on special teams than goes out and plays some quarterback....

O

ONEZERO

^^^ oh alright hahah. It just seemed wierd to see the time of someones post being an hour later than the actuall time.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Fillmoe said:
if alex cant go next week i hope nolan makes the right decision and goes with cody pickett! DUDE IS A STRAIGHT BEAST! makes the tackle on special teams than goes out and plays some quarterback....
Not much of a decision, is it? We saw Dorsey hobble off the field. His knee or foot most likely will fall off before he leaves the locker room...

;)

O

ONEZERO

Damn I can't believe we beat the bucs hahahha. My friend took a day off work just to watch his bucs play and they lost hahahah.

So begins the Cody Pickett era. ;)

Nolan should take a page out of George Seifert's "Lucky Charms" playbook and go with these throwback uniform for the rest of the season.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
loopymitch said:

Whoo!!! I was right!!!:D
What happened to Dorsey? Don't tell me another knee injury??:(
At one point, they said one of the TB lineman - a dainty individual of some 290+ lbs. - stepped on his knee/calf/foot...

Like I said, at this point I'm just praying whichever appendage it was didn't plain fall off in the locker room.

;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Okay, we didn't make them look terrible. They pretty much did that all by themselves without very much help from us...

But have the beer anyway. It might be a long time before you get to lift your mug to another 49er win...

Well...we got the win. Our offense generally looked terrible (no passing game). Props to the D which I was sure would break down, but came up with timely plays (Bucs O looked bad also). It's still gonna be a long season.

Geez, I really appreciate the 80's. Glad I was there to enjoy the great 49er teams during that era. Like they say, you never fully appreciate something until it's gone.

Still, it's cool to wake up on Sunday and see this team playing hard and trying to rebuild. I couldn't ask for more. :)