NFL SuperBowl LIV - 2/2/2020

Who wins Super Bowl LIV?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And the Chief's same offense is facing a MUCH TOUGHER defense by the Niners.
Yes, this is going in circles.....as you probably guessed, I do like the Chiefs - so its a fun game to predict......with SBs I enjoy when teams I dislike are not playing - ie Patriots, Seahawks - which made 2015 an ultra miserable game.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Yes, this is going in circles.....as you probably guessed, I do like the Chiefs - so its a fun game to predict......with SBs I enjoy when teams I dislike are not playing - ie Patriots, Seahawks - which made 2015 an ultra miserable game.
I am shocked...and stunned.

:)

Um, that's because the 49ers haven't trailed at all in the playoffs this year. ;)
One thing for the 49ers all year is they've proven up for a battle - Seahawks, Cardinals, Rams, Saints, Ravens, Steelers - all close games win/lose......in most games, save maybe the Falcons, their defense or offense helps pick up if one side falters.

I do think this Superbowl may be like a Saints-regular -season-game Part II, only the 49ers on the short end of it by a FG or TD. I'm looking forward to the OPPOSITE of last year's SuperBowl - hopefully more like Eagles/Patriots game in excitement.

I was wondering who on the 49ers defense is going to cover Travis Kelce? I've read Greenlaw, but what about Witherspoon, who won't have to worry about a speed mismatch?

DB experience on Kelce. (from Patriots Gilmore last year -2018 AFC CG)

https://www.providencejournal.com/s...more-says-it-was-easier-to-cover-travis-kelce

“He likes to push off a lot. Probably use my feet a lot more and beat him to the spot because he wants you to get physical with him. I wouldn’t allow that,” Gilmore said. “You got to be able to adjust during the game. You never know who’s going to be hot at the time. I did it. It was good for us.”

Tips on Watching the Super Bowl from a guy who's seen every one of 'em

First of all, the loudest possible shout-out to Lynch, Shanahan, and everyone else off the field for the fastest ever outhouse-to-the-penthouse in history.

I've seen the Super Bowl every way you can. If you're going to be at one of those big parties with lots of singles, I've been married so long I can honestly say I have no useful dating advice whatsoever. I can say that one of the keys to being married so long is that I don't regard my wife's lack of interest in football as a character flaw. You might be lucky enough to meet a woman who says: "I can see that the players on each team wear the same outfits. Why is that SF player with 97 on his outfit wearing what looks a scarf in the colors of the other team?" Then, with a merry twinkle in your eye, you can say that, believe it or not, that's not a scarf but the Chiefs quarterback, and yeah, #97 just does things like that. It could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship. Even if her name isn't Louie.

This year I'm watching with the cat. Since this is a different cat, it could be another new experience. The previous cat was dainty. This cat plays with her toys like The Fridge carried the ball on first and goal. That's how she earned the nickname The Hulkette. Who knows, she might even pay attention to the TV for a while

The most important thing before the game is the pregame cheer. You can make up your own words, the only requirement is that you say it AS LOUD AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN. I have an admittedly bizarre touchdown call that could be a great lead in to the pregame cheer. On the Niners second drive against Green Bay, 3 plays told the story for me. The quick slant that nearly went all the way. The perfectly-set-up screen that the Packers smushed. Then, when Mostert turned the corner, I could see he was gone. It could have been just the end of an impressive drive, but, as we all know, the game was already over. In the middle of the first quarter. That's why I yelled, at the top of my lungs:

GOOD - at the 25
NIGHT - at the 15
GRACIE - at the 5

Find a clip and cheer along with me if you want. This leads in to the pregame cheer because THE NINERS ARE SO GOOD THE GAME WAS ALREADY OVER ... Carry on. As loudly as possible.

I'm sure this is going to be a good one because the Niners are in it and all indications are that the teams will actually play instead of try to avoid screwing up. Enjoy the game everyone!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
"It's not talking smack if you can back it up"

My favorite quote of the day thus far. I'm sure there will be more. I'm so glad it's almost game time.