NFL SuperBowl LIV - 2/2/2020

Who wins Super Bowl LIV?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Are you ready for some football? :)

Two games today and two games tomorrow will take care of the wildcard slots for this season.

Today we've got:
Bills at Texans
Titans at Patriots

Sunday:
Vikings at Saints
Seahawks at Eagles

I'm adding a poll although I know it's really late. Most of the people who participate in the NFL discussions are pretty well known to each other, however, so I think we could just about predict what each other will choose.

I'M READY FOR SOME (MORE) FOOTBALL!

NOTE: The poll is multiple choice as you need to select the winner in each of the four matchups.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Texans
Patriots
Saints
Eagles (Yeah, I know there's probably not a chance in the world, but I'd love to see the hawks (see what I did there) flushed in the wildcard game.)

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Bills — I guess? Really just blindly guessing on this one. I’ll pick the team with Frank Gore on it.

Pats — Never going to count them out, even though it seems really possible this may be it for them.

Saints — Too good.

Eagles — Because I really really really don’t want Round 3 against the Hawks.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If all the playoffs games are like this one (I'm loving it BTW), we football fans are in for some real fun the next few weeks.

Booger is an idiot

15 seconds left. Quick draw play on 3rd down to get a little closer and then regroup and spike it. Guess that’s why he played defense

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
HOW WAS THAT A FIRST DOWN?!

Even the review booth has lost their mind!!!
It was ruled a first down. I think their logic was that since he wasn't initially downed by contact, the ball was in play until he was touched. With the various angles, it was honestly pretty hard to tell if the nose of the ball was over the line when the defender touched him. If there's not compelling evidence to overturn, the play has to stand.

Oh boy! Overtime!!!

More adult beverage for me. :)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Booger is an idiot

15 seconds left. Quick draw play on 3rd down to get a little closer and then regroup and spike it. Guess that’s why he played defense
That might be my favorite comment for 2020 so far. I like it so much, in fact, it might be my default comment for a variety of situations.

;)

SLAB

Hall of Famer
It was ruled a first down. I think their logic was that since he wasn't initially downed by contact, the ball was in play until he was touched. With the various angles, it was honestly pretty hard to tell if the nose of the ball was over the line when the defender touched him. If there's not compelling evidence to overturn, the play has to stand.

Oh boy! Overtime!!!

More adult beverage for me. :)
I thought they ruled him short first. Makes more sense, but between the angles it looked like you could pretty conclusively show he was down early.

Oh well, I’m loving this.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Booger continues to talk up Josh Allen for some reason despite his rough late-game.

Helluva play there though.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I haven't watched much of the Bills this year. Josh Allen is exciting and fun ... and scary. He looks like he doesn't realize he's a freaking QB.

The two rushers negated eachothers dead to rights sack. The momentum of each kept him upward

I guess that’s the luck that keeps you without a playoff win in what will now be 25 years

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Go Pats. The Super Bowl needs to end in Brady handing the torch to JimmyG. :p
Are you out of your freaking mind? There's NO WAY I want the Pats in the Super Bowl against the Niners. None. I'm old. I have blood pressure issues. That game would make my heart explode - I'm sure of it.