NFL Playoffs 2012

So... anybody still care about the NFL? Playoffs are starting in a couple days.

Sat, Jan. 07, 1:30 PM PT NBC
Cincinnati @ Houston

Sat, Jan. 07, 5:00 PM PT NBC
Detroit @ New Orleans

Sun, Jan. 08, 10:00 AM PT FOX
Atlanta @ New York Giants

Sun, Jan. 08, 1:30 PM PT CBS
Pittsburgh @ Denver

Whose gonna win? If enough people make picks I'll tally up points each week like I usually do, with each round being worth more points- 1, 2, 4, 8. Obviously discussion can/should go here, too.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
There's no way Pitt puts up 34 on Broncos D with no Rahim and a crippled Ben. Not sure I am ready to pick Denver yet though. I'll have picks in tonight tho.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
'Natti
NO
Atlanta
Denver

Don't ask me how or why, I think Denver at home somehow gets it done against a beat up Steelers squad.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
TE-BOOOOW makes me wanna siiiiing.

Still think its smoke and mirrors and mostly defense and I am rooting for the Pats next weekend. But F-yeah. One of my two favorite teams is playing in the AFC championship.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm just glad for the Denver fans. It was a very strange experience as a 49er fan to sit here this weekend and watch the playoffs and then get the lightbulb moment when I would remember MY TEAM is still in the mix. Sometimes it just makes me smile.

:)

I actually feel sorry for Broncos fans. They're going to build up this false hope inside. When reality hits that Tebow can't sustain performances like today they're going to be extremely disappointed. But props to the kid. He played awesome today. You know he's going to bust his a** to be an elite qb and if he does become one I'll be the first to admit it.

I actually feel sorry for Broncos fans. They're going to build up this false hope inside. When reality hits that Tebow can't sustain performances like today they're going to be extremely disappointed. But props to the kid. He played awesome today. You know he's going to bust his a** to be an elite qb and if he does become one I'll be the first to admit it.
False hope? All their hope has been justified. Before Tebow appeared on the scene playoffs were out of the question completely. Even if the Broncos lose I doubt their fans would feel disappointed at all in this season.

I'm a bronco fan and realize Tebow isn't that great. He still misfired on a lot of passes today, and that's going to be the downfall of the team I've been saying that all year. But tonight that's all irrelevant I'm proud of my team all 53 on the roster for playing inspired football. Only the 2nd playoff win since Elway

False hope? All their hope has been justified. Before Tebow appeared on the scene playoffs were out of the question completely. Even if the Broncos lose I doubt their fans would feel disappointed at all in this season.
I wasn't talking about their success THIS season. I'm talking about what Tebow becomes in the next 2-3 years.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Before I moved to Boston for Uni and became a fan of the Patriots, I was a diehard Broncos and Elway fan, I don't think I will ever quit them trying as some of the new "fans" are to deal with - for as much of this mythical "it" is, I think the previous QB's problems this year stemmed from these so called fans constantly booing him because they demanded their guy play. I do hope Tebow works out, I think he is a nice kid and they've invested a lot in him. Unfortunately I just don't see it working out. His passes are constantly off target and he doesn't read coverage well which means the offenses have to be dumbed down. No big deal if he hits passes like the game winner, right? Unfortunately a pass like that which is automatic for most NFL QBs is a 50-50 proposition at best.

Denver is doing it with a top-notch defense and as always to be expected in the Mile High City, excellent special teams.

Scores:

Tetsujin - 4
(VF21) - 4
(Mike0476) - 3
(Purple Haze) - 3
(Purple Reign) - 3
uolj - 2
SacKings7 - 2
pdxKingsFan - 2
kings4lyfe32 - 2
(RN 8 U ALV) - 2

-------------

This weekend:

Sat, Jan. 14, 1:30 PM PT FOX
New Orleans @ San Francisco

Sat, Jan. 14, 5:00 PM PT CBS
Denver @ New England

Sun, Jan. 15, 10:00 AM PT CBS
Houston @ Baltimore

Sun, Jan. 15, 1:30 PM PT FOX
New York Giants @ Green Bay

Last edited:
Saints
Patriots
Ravens

Almost wanna go with the upset here and say the Giants since they would've ended their unbeaten streak if it wasn't for a last minute drive for a score in their last game (in impressive fashion mind you). But I won't. Packers.

Saints
Patriots
Ravens

Almost wanna go with the upset here and say the Giants since they would've ended their unbeaten streak if it wasn't for a last minute drive for a score in their last game (in impressive fashion mind you). But I won't. Packers.
Lol, if the Giants stopped Rodgers on that drive it would have only forced OT.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Know how I know the Pats are going to win this weekend?
That Indy Colts rapping kid is off the hook for worst song ever. And this is the original singer of St. Elmo's Fire. ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

Last edited by a moderator:
Saints
Patriots (even tho it hurts to say that, and I'll be pulling for my team as hard as ever)
Ravens
Packers (however, the giants have a shot and I wouldn't be surprised to see the upset here)