NFL Playoffs 2012

What in the world??

I was commenting on your explanation of how the first matchup ended. Do people read these days?
Apologies. By saying lol it seemed like you were laughing at the idea of a possible upset. Anyway, needless to say ill be going with my gut feeling for the next 3 games

Apologies. By saying lol it seemed like you were laughing at the idea of a possible upset. Anyway, needless to say ill be going with my gut feeling for the next 3 games
Haha I picked Giants to win. And I didn't view it as an upset. Even bet money on the game. I've been calling it all year; the packers are too soft and their weak schedule would come back to bite them in the ***.

Picks for this weekend:

Patriots
49ers

Last edited:
Scores (this weeks scores in parentheses, correct guesses were worth 2 points):

[Purple Reign] - 9 (6)
pdxKingsFan - 8 (6)
[RN 8 U ALV] - 8 (6)
[Mike0476] - 7 (4)
[Purple Haze] - 7 (4)
VF21 - 6 (2)
uolj - 6 (4)
SacKings7 - 6 (4)
Tetsujin - 4 (-)
kings4lyfe32 - 4 (2)
est.1999 - 4 (4)
Rockmeister - 4 (4)
MassachusettsKingsFan - 4 (4)

-------------

This weekend:

Sun, Jan. 22, 12:00 PM PT CBS
Baltimore @ New England

Sun, Jan. 22, 3:30 PM PT FOX
New York Giants @ San Francisco

Ravens
Giants

Going with the better D in the first game, and the better O in the second game. I actually hate picking both of these teams to win, because both are pretty unpredictable from week to week.

FYI if the 49ers win on Sunday, they'll be the 11th different team representing the NFC in the Super Bowl in the last 11 years. Amazing

Patriots
Giants

Giants are built to beat the 49ers. They have a good passing game and get good pressure on the QB without blitzing. I could go either way but I'd prefer to try the reverse jinx.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Patriots
Giants

Giants are built to beat the 49ers. They have a good passing game and get good pressure on the QB without blitzing. I could go either way but I'd prefer to try the reverse jinx.
You do realize if your reverse jinx doesn't work that I will feel honor-bound to hunt you down, right?

I'd really like an explanation on how someone could think that the G-men have a better D than San Fran's. They might have the better Dline but it's very close. The linebacking and secondary crews for San Fran are miles better than New York's.

I'd really like an explanation on how someone could think that the G-men have a better D than San Fran's. They might have the better Dline but it's very close. The linebacking and secondary crews for San Fran are miles better than New York's.
I agree, but I didn't see anybody (on this board) saying the Giants D was better than the 49ers D.

You do realize if your reverse jinx doesn't work that I will feel honor-bound to hunt you down, right?
Fair enough... I if haven't done the deed myself already. :)

Jokes aside, though, I'm not thinking of this as a must win game. More of a, "it would be nice if it happened". I know I shouldn't think of it that way (I got burned in 2002 by thinking of a certain 7 game basketball series that way), but oh well. My expectations here are tempered.

"49ers win. Everyone goes nuts."

Oh yeah... saw that one. Awesome. Much easier than the hour I spent Tuesday watching all the individual clips I could find on youtube of celebrations. It will be even better to watch this Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn Billy Cundiff. I knew failing to get a TD off that Woodhead fumble would come back to bite the Ravens in the a$$. Either way, 2 great games tonight and 2 deserving winners. Go Giants!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Patriots
Giants

Kyle Williams called. I gave him your home address.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I feel bad for the 9ers but I feel the stars are aligning to fix 2008. Now even almost all of my friends hate the Giants.

Still I shudder at the thought that if Brady plays like he did today Dufus Jr. wins a 2nd SB.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Unfortunately for both of us he'd drop his weapon before he got to me. :(
...sigh... I truly feel sorry for him. Talk about the wrong time to get fumblefinger disease. Of course, I think he may have been exposed the same time Alex Smith was. What the heck was with the passes in those last couple of possessions???

Oh well, at least we lasted longer than the Cowboys. :p

It wasn't really his fault, that's not his regular gig and he was trying to make the big play when the coaches should have stressed ball security first. His big kickoff return looked like a fumble waiting to happen, too.

The 49ers played their game today and when a few bounces go against you (4 fumbles that mattered with 3 recovered by the Giants plus another just a second too late, plus two easy interceptions missed when Goldson ran into a teammate) with that style of play it's really easy to lose. I don't think Smith was much different today compared to last week, the offense had long bad stretches, then too. He just missed a few throws (like Manning did) that he made last time. I would have liked to have seen more running plays in the fourth since that seemed to be working pretty well, but otherwise there isn't much to complain about.