NFL 2022-2023 Season Thread

SLAB

Hall of Famer
word around the Niners beat is that Lynch has something up his sleeve still. A re-work of Warner’s contract just opened a big chunk of space.

I'd resign Jordan Willis just based on that fumble recovery he had against Washington alone. That was the most impressive play of the season IMO. How he held on to that ball with just his two hands as the entire Washington O Line was trying to tear it away is beyond me.

I’m actually excited about Sam Darnold.

Nothing wrong with kicking the tires on a former top 3 pick who has never played on a good team for a fair evaluation.

I’m actually excited about Sam Darnold.

Nothing wrong with kicking the tires on a former top 3 pick who has never played on a good team for a fair evaluation.
Very very smart pick-up. At times has shown signs of greatness, gets to now go to one of the best friendly systems in the NFL and you no longer have to rely on Josh Johnson types if Purdy's recovery takes too long or Lance isn't able to take the job.

QB2 is my hot take. He beats Lance.
Very hot take. I think Lance challenges Purdy for QB1. But the time is ticking on him. This is probably his last chance to prove he can be the guy unless Purdy completely sucks after the injury.

Very very smart pick-up. At times has shown signs of greatness, gets to now go to one of the best friendly systems in the NFL and you no longer have to rely on Josh Johnson types if Purdy's recovery takes too long or Lance isn't able to take the job.
While I agree with you... I think if we're relying on Darnold for any type of stretch, we've already lost. But as you pointed out, he'd still be the MUCH better 3rd stringer than Josh Johnson.

I'm not really a big fan of Darnold because he's already been through 2 organizations who have given him a shot, but he hasn't shown anything more than a backup QB.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Very hot take. I think Lance challenges Purdy for QB1. But the time is ticking on him. This is probably his last chance to prove he can be the guy unless Purdy completely sucks after the injury.

While I agree with you... I think if we're relying on Darnold for any type of stretch, we've already lost. But as you pointed out, he'd still be the MUCH better 3rd stringer than Josh Johnson.

I'm not really a big fan of Darnold because he's already been through 2 organizations who have given him a shot, but he hasn't shown anything more than a backup QB.
Lance has thrown 420 game time passes in 6 entire calendar years. Dude’s so far behind schedule, I can’t imagine him making up any ground especially after a major injury and even more non-action.

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
OBJ just proved the value of an agent to current (kind-of) teammate Lamar Jackson.

He just got 15mil guaranteed from the Ravens somehow.

Chiefs seems like the perfect landing spot. Nothing close to a #1 WR, they have some cap space after restructuring I believe and I imagine Nuk won't really care anyway to get a chance to go play with Mahomes and be an integral part of their title defense.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Chiefs seems like the perfect landing spot. Nothing close to a #1 WR, they have some cap space after restructuring I believe and I imagine Nuk won't really care anyway to get a chance to go play with Mahomes and be an integral part of their title defense.
Im gonna vomit at the thought. May as well just award them the Lombardi already. Niners won’t ever beat them, so who cares.