NFL 2022-2023 Season Thread

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Paying 80 million to a DT when you are also expected to make your star DE the richest defensive player in NFL history is something you can only do when your projected starting QB is making a guaranteed six figures because he was literally the last guy picked in the draft.

Only issue I see with the Raiders signing Jimmy is his inability to not be able to hit Adams deep.

They're going to need to try and put together YAC type offensive weapons for him to succeed. I just don't see McDaniels being the guy to put him in position to win. He has his system and doesn't seem like the type to deviate to get the best out of his players.

Paying 80 million to a DT when you are also expected to make your star DE the richest defensive player in NFL history is something you can only do when your projected starting QB is making a guaranteed six figures because he was literally the last guy picked in the draft.
Hargrave is stupid good, what an incredible signing. Bossa-Armstead-Hargrave is absolutely insane, including a hopeful leap from Drake Jackson.

SAM DARNOLD SZN IN SF
The writing is on the wall...He's leading your team to the Super Bowl after Brock breaks his leg on the first day of training camp.

:p:p:p

I kid! I kid! I kid!

He's good enough to be a solid backup. His days of being effective as a starter are long gone at this point, I think. So, as long as Brock can stay healthy for you, you'll be fine with Sam.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The writing is on the wall...He's leading your team to the Super Bowl after Brock breaks his leg on the first day of training camp.

:p:p:p

I kid! I kid! I kid!

He's good enough to be a solid backup. His days of being effective as a starter are long gone at this point, I think. So, as long as Brock can stay healthy for you, you'll be fine with Sam.
He isn’t Josh Johnson. So this is a massive win.

I can’t wait for the collective freak out when he wins QB2 duties over Lance.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
It wouldn't have been the end of the world if the Niners brought him back, but I'm glad he's gone. McCaffery, Mitchell, and Deebo are good enough that they don't need an elite run-blocking line to rack up yards and this opens the door to *hopefully* an improvement in pass protection.