NFL 2022-2023 Season Thread

1. Niners caught a huge break towards the end when a touchback should have been called instead of the ball being downed at the 1 yard line. However, even if they had made the right call, I am not sure the Chargers are able to march down field for a score, so the win would have most likely stood.

2. Mike McFarter is a terrible coach. Jerruh Jones is a terrible owner. Both need to go, and in no particular order.

3. The Raiders suck. What a wasted season. Unbelievable, especially after the season they had last year. Talk about a coaching change gone wrong, HOLY H-E-Double Hockey Sticks!!!

49ers may make the playoffs because the conference is so weak, but they don't have the offense to make it past the divisionals - maybe the NFC title game, maybe. Cardinal game will be pivotal to making the playoffs next week. I sincerely doubt they beat the Dolphins and the Bucs is a toss-up. Saints don't look too good, but the 49ers have already lost to some middling teams, so Saints will not be a gimme. However They can go .500 as long as they win their division games remaining...they will have the tiebreaker with Seahawks who looked exposed today. Seahawks have a a harder late schedule and could possible fall back further, up only a half game right now. Geno Smith hardly looks better than Garrapolo, and the Seahawks defense is porous. Shanahan should goto Purdy --- he's a better athlete than Ken-Doll.....and they need some offensive catalyst.....

SLAB

Hall of Famer
To @LoungeLizard's point...As a Niners fan, would you rather watch an irritating win (like the one tonight), or an irritating loss, like the ones against the Bears in week 1, and the Broncos in week 3??? :p:p:p
I said in my post “I’ll take them all.”

Can’t play like that against better healthy teams though. They left so much meat on the bone… even with their deficiencies (mainly at QB) they should have done more. And need to in future weeks.

Yay, greenie birds!!! Give me some more of that this season, please!!! :p:p:p
They're pretenders - biggest cream-puff schedule in the league. The NFC EAST all are inflated, and not convinced they'll all be there either - maybe a pair of them. Luckily those are the teams the 49ers may play in the Playoffs, not that the 49ers are any better honestly - they can beat any of them or get beaten.

You could argue the loss today took off some pressure, but I dont forget that absolute thrashing the Bucs put on the Eagles last year in the Playoffs. They only have the Titans out of the AFC remaining. They've had 1 impressive win all year against the VIkings. By virtue of their schedule, they will likely go 13-4 or possibly 12-5, and get a bye, but they are no better than the other 6 or 7 teams in the NFC hunt. The record is an illusion. See how they do against the Titans the 4th or 5th best team in the AFC......I think they get beat.

They're pretenders - biggest cream-puff schedule in the league. The NFC EAST all are inflated, and not convinced they'll all be there either - maybe a pair of them. Luckily those are the teams the 49ers may play in the Playoffs, not that the 49ers are any better honestly - they can beat any of them or get beaten.

You could argue the loss today took off some pressure, but I dont forget that absolute thrashing the Bucs put on the Eagles last year in the Playoffs. They only have the Titans out of the AFC remaining. They've had 1 impressive win all year against the VIkings. By virtue of their schedule, they will likely go 13-4 or possibly 12-5, and get a bye, but they are no better than the other 6 or 7 teams in the NFC hunt. The record is an illusion. See how they do against the Titans the 4th or 5th best team in the AFC......I think they get beat.
The Eagles have had an easy schedule but they are still one of the best 3 teams in the NFL and they did a total rebuild in 2 years. They are stacked on offense and defense and they have the 3-7 Saints first round pick.

I’m glad they lost, they weren’t going to win all 17 and they needed to tighten some screws. Still, it took 3 turnovers (1 through AJ Browns hands that won’t happen again, a second with a face mask call that should have negated it, and a fumble after a 50 yard bomb. All that and that half Kneel down that Taylor pulled off.

best o- line in football
One of the best performing qbs this year
Great skill position group
Ball hawking secondary
Well run franchise

The Eagles have had an easy schedule but they are still one of the best 3 teams in the NFL and they did a total rebuild in 2 years. They are stacked on offense and defense and they have the 3-7 Saints first round pick.

I’m glad they lost, they weren’t going to win all 17 and they needed to tighten some screws. Still, it took 3 turnovers (1 through AJ Browns hands that won’t happen again, a second with a face mask call that should have negated it, and a fumble after a 50 yard bomb. All that and that half Kneel down that Taylor pulled off.

best o- line in football
One of the best performing qbs this year
Great skill position group
Ball hawking secondaru
Well run franchise
No not an "easy" schedule - that's an insufficient adjective....a cream-puff schedule. - that alone obscures all the stats You're gonna see them lose several games 2nd half thanks to finally playing some better competition -> in the NFC <-.....they are not a top 3 team despite the record - maybe top 6 or 7. ..... Vikings despite losing head-to-head to Eagles now have the most impressive win against the Bills in Buffalo in the NFC - that gives them the nod over the Eagles at least. And its gonna take a game winning drive IN THE PLAYOFFS to wash out Hurts stink from last year's playoffs. I also like the Giants better than the Eagles and the Buccaneers could come around. And I think the 49ers actually match up fairly well against the Eagles Really though The top 8-9 AFC teams could beat the Eagles on any given week but that goes for all the rest of the NFC teams - the conference is in poor shape comparatively. I dont know who's gonna beat the Chiefs this year but it better be someone from the AFC. I can't stand the Chiefs, but I don't see any of the NFC teams with the offense to beat them if in the SuperBowl.

There is no such thing as a cream puff schedule in the NFL, and you beat the teams you play. They are talented from top to bottom and are well coached. They will probably finish 14-3 or 13-4 and that’s no easy feat