NFL 2021-2022 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
jesus that thing looks terrible. also I can't believe he allowed KJ to play him instead of some heart throb actor.
Billy Beane got Brad freaking Pitt to play himself in his movie meanwhile Sean Payton had to settle for the King of Queens.

Though this is probably actually a ploy by Payton so he can freely go coach the Cowboys in a year or two after Mike McCarthy inevitably pukes on himself again.

Yeah, after watching Mahomes / Allen Duke it out Mahomes is going to eat Jim and this team alive if we manage to beat LA.

I was 100% sure we’d lose to KC last time, I’d be 1000% sure this time.

Which is fine, because I’m pretty sure the law of averages is catching us this weekend anyways.
Wasn't 100%, but more like 80%. Bring in the 2000 Ravens or 2014 Seahawks and I'd say Chiefs may meet their match (and then some) but that's not happening. I might've agreed earlier, but the Packer game has me believing for fun - call it blind faith in the face of logic......the 49ers certainly fit the dark-horse mantra this year - I thought it would be the Colts, but they inexplicably crashed and burned. I would've cheered any NFC team against the Chiefs sans maybe the Seahawks.

Still holding some hope the Bengals reprise their regular season offensive explosion against the Chiefs which is possible. That Chase TD was magnificent. -- here it is again- "Chase is on the case" - lovely play.

The Chiefs defense may be 4th of the remaining teams - but they don't have the huge holes in the offensive line and Mahomes turf-toe this year as Achilles - and their offense has so much firepower I dunno how the Rams or 49ers will hang, but I'll be cheering either one actually..

Yeah, after watching Mahomes / Allen Duke it out Mahomes is going to eat Jim and this team alive if we manage to beat LA.

Which is fine, because I’m pretty sure the law of averages is catching us this weekend anyways.
The Niners defense is playing out of their heads right now but against a chiefs team with mahomes? Your gonna need a QB that is more than just serviceable. When mahomes flips the switch and goes into madden mode, your gonna have to answer and jimmy proved last time against mahomes in the SB that when the cards are all on the table, he just can’t do it. He had 2 chances to become an absolute SF savior and go down in super bowl lore and he blew it. If anything jimmy has gotten worse since 2019. Your right, chances are the law of averages will catch up with them this weekend. But if they pull it out, it could get downright embarrassing when bad jimmy makes his appearance against the chiefs.

It is what it is. I just wanna see a good game. I’m gonna enjoy this game and appreciate the ride this team took me on this season .

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

To be fair, we once saw peak derpy-derp Eli Manning inexplicably beat prime Tom Brady/Bill Belichick and one of the greatest offenses ever assembled to spoil their perfect season on the back of a strong defensive line and pure luck (the Tyree catch) and then somehow do it again several years later despite the Pats having assembled an ever better offense (Prime Wes Welker/Prime Gronk/Aaron Hernandez before he killed someone/Zombie Deion Branch/Ochocinco/Edelman) and both those Pats teams had way better defenses than the Chiefs do so anything is possible.

Thanks to football's one-game sudden death format, anything really is possible whereas a multiple game series format like the NBA's just sorta guarantees that the better team always wins unless the refs are corrupt or Lebron goes supernova.

Not that I particularly think the Niners are gonna win or anything.

The Niners defense is playing out of their heads right now but against a chiefs team with mahomes? Your gonna need a QB that is more than just serviceable. When mahomes flips the switch and goes into madden mode, your gonna have to answer and jimmy proved last time against mahomes in the SB that when the cards are all on the table, he just can’t do it. He had 2 chances to become an absolute SF savior and go down in super bowl lore and he blew it. If anything jimmy has gotten worse since 2019. Your right, chances are the law of averages will catch up with them this weekend. But if they pull it out, it could get downright embarrassing when bad jimmy makes his appearance against the chiefs.

It is what it is. I just wanna see a good game. I’m gonna enjoy this game and appreciate the ride this team took me on this season .
I'm just enjoying it as well. They were 3-5 at one point and are now about to play in the championship game. No one would have made that bet at that point in the season.

Last week was almost all luck. Can't take anything away from the players that blocked those kicks because they did it through execution and talent, but the timing of it all in the grand scheme of things was just pure luck.

We'll probably go through all the same emotions this week. Jimmy will miss incredibly easy throws that have us pulling our hair out and then he'll have a couple drives where he throws the ball beautifully 10 times in a row to bring them back into contention.

It's all going to come down to the success of the pash rush and containing Kupp on 3rd downs. They do that and they've got a shot.

I'm just enjoying it as well. They were 3-5 at one point and are now about to play in the championship game. No one would have made that bet at that point in the season.

Last week was almost all luck. Can't take anything away from the players that blocked those kicks because they did it through execution and talent, but the timing of it all in the grand scheme of things was just pure luck.

We'll probably go through all the same emotions this week. Jimmy will miss incredibly easy throws that have us pulling our hair out and then he'll have a couple drives where he throws the ball beautifully 10 times in a row to bring them back into contention.

It's all going to come down to the success of the pash rush and containing Kupp on 3rd downs. They do that and they've got a shot.
100%. I'm just enjoying the ride this year. It was a long shot to even make the playoffs and an even longer shot to get to the NFC championship game and yet here we are. We've beaten the Rams 6 times in a row with this coach and this QB. That doesn't really matter for this game, but it should at least give us confidence that we're not outclassed with talent regardless of how many big names the Rams have brought in the last few years. Both teams deserve to be there and either team could win so we're going to have to outplay them just like we outplayed the Cowboys and Packers (barely) in the past two weeks.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Considering the amount of dumbass dudes on the internet supporting Jeff Garcia’s asinine comments, the Niners deserve to lose this game lol

‘’never ever side with the dude who once lost his starting QB job to Jamarcus Russell and somehow went 6-10 throwing to Jerry Rice and TO

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Brady’s retiring and I’m honestly pretty gutted. :(
Eh, doesn't affect me in the least. Probably the greatest QB that ever lived (in a system built for him to succeed), but I also never really cared for him at all. Several scandals also did nothing to help that opinion. I personally didn't care if he played again or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.