NFL 2021-2022 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the ticky tack calls against the Niners all day and the refs swallow the whistles on that blatant hold on Sherfield in the endzone? Get outta here.
I turned it on right as that was happening........it was so ridiculously obvious.....the worst non-call of any game I watched this weekend - that would be 3.25 games.....Chargers/Bengals , Ravens/Steelers, 1/2 Jaguars/Rams, 3/4 Broncos/Chiefs

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Realistically the 49ers can only lose 1 more game remaining or get help from some other teams.......Rams just went up 2 full games on em. They don't look good enough to mount a playoff even if they make the wild-card.
The Rams record doesn't matter. The division lead is long out of reach so all the 49ers need to do is finish in the top 7 and the NFC is pretty bad this year so even at 6-6 they currently have the 7th best record in the conference. Even if they'd won out they were still going to be in a wild card game so this game didn't change anything aside from adding a healthy dose of embarrassment and urgency to the locker room. If they're worthy of the playoffs they'll respond the right way. Health is still our biggest obstacle like it is every year.

The Rams record doesn't matter. The division lead is long out of reach so all the 49ers need to do is finish in the top 7 and theNFC is pretty bad this year so even at 6-6 they currently have the 7th best record in the conference. Even if they'd won out they were still going to be in a wild card game so this game didn't change anything aside from adding a healthy dose of embarrassment and urgency to the locker room. If they're worthy of the playoffs they'll respond the right way. Health is still our biggest obstacle like it is every year.
As far as the Rams taking a wild card slot, it matters. Beating the Vikings and Eagles helped. I haven't looked at their IR list. An assumption that they win-out seems very far-fetched with this team. Wild Card weekends have been terrible for quite a few years......usually only 1 or at most 2 competitive games. This year *might* be a bit better

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Also poor Urban Meyer gonna get stuck being a miserable coach in Jacksonville for another season because all the good college jobs are already getting snatched up.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Pats doing the “don’t let Mac throw a pass” challenge. Based on the “don’t let Jimmy do anything but hand the ball off” special the Niners ran in the playoffs in 2019.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
honestly that wasn't what I was hoping to see but got the result so ??? not too bummed I had to work until 5:45 but I missed all the Pats scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.