NFL 2021-2022 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this jerk makes them keep him for another year, I’m not watching football next season
Lance doesn't look like he's ready to be a starter yet and Jimmy G is healthy and back where he normally is: somewhere just below the elite QBs of the league but better than a lot of starters. He's paid fairly for who he is and I think the track record of QBs being brought along slowly is way better than QBs who were thrown into the fire as rookies. With all the picks Shanahan and Lynch invested in getting Trey Lance, he will get his shot to be the starter eventually. If the team is winning without him right now, why rush him? Best-case scenario here is that we win with Jimmy and we ease Trey Lance in as the starter in 2022 or 2023 when he is ready and gives us the best chance to win.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Two games that were decided in the closing seconds but only because every team was taking turns being wildly awful and a blowout.

Not exactly the greatest showcase of NFL football on Thanksgiving.

Every road team won, all three. Why the hell does stuck in the past NFL put Detroit on Thanksgiving every year - stupid! Can sort of understand Dallas so-called "America's Team" getting Turkey Day. Maybe every other year for the boys or once a decade! For decades only two games scheduled and that was plenty to digest.

One thing I don't get since they changed the rules however long ago, since every TD is reviewed why don't they just call them all TDs and review them in the first place? Same with turnovers.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
One thing I don't get since they changed the rules however long ago, since every TD is reviewed why don't they just call them all TDs and review them in the first place? Same with turnovers.
In case the video results are inconclusive? In case one side needs to challenge something? Why give the team on offense the benefit of the doubt for every play? I'm sure there might be more/better reasons.

In case the video results are inconclusive? In case one side needs to challenge something? Why give the team on offense the benefit of the doubt for every play? I'm sure there might be more/better reasons.
In most of the cases it's an early whistle. So if they were instructed to let plays play out and then review - they could even have an initial ruling but go to review to confirm - like they do in soccer with offsides now. There's no reason coaches should have to throw challenges on obvious ref screw ups.

I'm a huge Mac Jones truther. I think he'll end up as the best QB in this class. I really wanted him on the 9ers. Too many people fall in love with athleticism when Jones literally looked like the next elite pocket passing QB.
I had him behind Trevor. I don't understand how he fell to 15.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
With the report confirming the Niners still intend to trade Jim I have a renewed faith in winning. Build that value.

… now that I’m actively rooting FOR again, they’re totally going to go pathetic like they did against Arizona’s backups.

Status
Not open for further replies.