NFL 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
AHHHHH!!!

[Gets up, runs around in circles, sits back down...]

AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!

I love that we won this game but can we please not do that again? I'm just going to have to go ahead and pass out and read the box score after the fact if we have another finish like that. I wish Kyle had just gone for it on 4th and 1 where at least they had a chance to get the ball back with time on the clock to score a FG if the Seahawks scored on a short field. We made this game way closer than it should have been. There have been a lot of close calls this season but this was a whole other level of close. We've now fully explored the boundary between winning and losing -- you literally cannot get any closer to losing than that without actually losing. Now let's get Dee Ford and Jacquiski Tartt back for the next two games and Kwon Alexander back for the SB and make some history!
They've been playing like that since the first Seahawks game with exception of Packers dismantling. Their offense has improved but their defense regressed. They need to show 23 Witherspoon the door - he does not have the tools.....and it stough DB, is likely the most difficult position on the field. He should only be in their on dime situations (which they almost never use anyway).

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
oh yeah -"scoreboard" - cerebral response there...common, the point is its the slimmest of margins. I'd call you liar if you thought they were going to win.
Just the truth. The point is slimmest of margins or not, the Niners won. And if you think I'd lost hope in them, you'd be wrong. I was on the edge of my seat, but even left this thread for a bit because I didn't agree with those who were already conceding the game.

Very likely the 49ers will be playing the Seahawks again. Start Mosley, bring up a safety for spy on Russell, and running back leakout. 4th string Homer on drives ate the 49ers up the 2nd half. On the offensive side, the Oline just has to have a similar type game for the 49ers to win. Play calling was outstanding on offense and they played a clean game that helped. Big improvement offensively over game 1.

Just the truth. The point is slimmest of margins or not, the Niners won. And if you think I'd lost hope in them, you'd be wrong. I was on the edge of my seat, but even left this thread for a bit because I didn't agree with those who were already conceding the game.
......I didn't ask you if you hoped. I hoped the 49ers win, but did I think they were gong to win? Nope. You're stating the obvious.....if you wanna talk the game go for it,, but lose the curt crap. You knew my point but wanted to get cute.....have a good night - <no response necessary or desired>.

They've been playing like that since the first Seahawks game with exception of Packers dismantling. Their offense has improved but their defense regressed. They need to show 23 Witherspoon the door - he does not have the tools.....and it stough DB, is likely the most difficult position on the field. He should only be in their on dime situations (which they almost never use anyway).
Unfortunately The injuries on defense have stripped them of not only top shelf talent, but also the depth. I think AW has the tools, but he’s certainly not played as well since coming back from foot injury .

Very likely the 49ers will be playing the Seahawks again. Start Mosley, bring up a safety for spy on Russell, and running back leakout. 4th string Homer on drives ate the 49ers up the 2nd half. On the offensive side, the Oline just has to have a similar type game for the 49ers to win. Play calling was outstanding on offense and they played a clean game that helped. Big improvement offensively over game 1.
the way the defense performed in the first half..... that gave me serious confidence in this team against the hawks.
Now if Saleh can fight the urge to go into his conservative shell in the second half NO ONE CAN BEAT THIS TEAM!

I don’t know if anyone noticed shanny go up to Saleh during that second Seattle drive in the second half. Shanny was pissed. He was not happy with Saleh.
Collinsworth mentioned twice, why have the niners stopped blitzing Russ when it worked so well in the 1st half. They just stopped.

Unfortunately The injuries on defense have stripped them of not only top shelf talent, but also the depth. I think AW has the tools, but he’s certainly not played as well since coming back from foot injury .
He's been beaten too many games - Falcons, Rams, Seahawks. They will certainly go after him again if the 49ers start him. Mosley was beaten also but looked sharper in limited play......may partly be his conditioning, but they cant allow that consistently poor of play....he's the weak link and maybe has a loss of confidence.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Part of the struggle there is that teams are so afraid of throwing at Sherm that Witherspoon is getting targeted/ schemed against at an absolutely ridiculous rate. Moseley had the same issue on the final series. Early in the season, other teams would still at least attempt to pass towards Sherman's side of the field and our secondary benefitted from it (having healthy safeties also helped).

the way the defense performed in the first half..... that gave me serious confidence in this team against the hawks.
Now if Saleh can fight the urge to go into his conservative shell in the second half NO ONE CAN BEAT THIS TEAM!
The Seahawks made adjustments and started using Wilson as a runner....that always messes things up --- just like the Ravens.

The 49ers are beatable - and beatable tonight.....I think the Seahawks missing their core starting RBs was a big disadvantage for them and it showed. On the flip side the the OLine beat the Seahawks defense. I dont like the Seahawks much either, but I loathe the Patriots - as long as I dont have to endure another Patriot SuperBowl appearance, all is well.

One of Seattle's scoring marches?
Yeah. It was the hawks second scoring drive of the 2nd half.

anyone catch bosa’s interview outside the locker room? Dude was exhausted. That kid has such a motor. I’ve never seen a player so thankful for a couple weeks rest.

Oh and by the way, I love me some Laura Britt! (9ers postgame show)

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The 49ers are beatable - and beatable tonight.....I think the Seahawks missing their core starting RBs was a big disadvantage for them and it showed. On the flip side the the OLine beat the Seahawks defense. I dont like the Seahawks much either, but I loathe the Patriots - as long as I dont have to endure another Patriot SuperBowl appearance, all is well.
It’s always stupid to question the Pats come playoff time, but they just straight up lost a game they were actively trying to win to the Dolphins. Their ship may be sailed.

It’s always stupid to question the Pats come playoff time, but they just straight up lost a game they were actively trying to win to the Dolphins. Their ship may be sailed.
Or hopefully sinking.....other AFC teams have surpassed them this year. Houston loss really showed their fall-off - they were beaten handily. They have the best coaching staff, but this year their wide-receiving core is pedestrian without Gronkoswki., and their defense (like the 49ers) has only looked decent recently, not suffocating like the beginning of the season (against bad teams). If the Titans get Henry going, the Patriots are gonna have problems. After the Miami game, odds-makers have them only 4.5 pt favorites. The best thing about that Patriot loss is they will likely have to beat the Titans, Chiefs, and Ravens, all before playing the NFC. Ideally the Titans upset them, and Brady decides to hang it up as a result, and the Patriots are back in normalcy for an extended time after their much-too-long dynasty. That Atlanta loss still boggles.

I'm hoping for a Chiefs/49ers SuperBowl which would be like kryptonite for the 49ers with their achilles secondary. The Chiefs defense looked terrible earlier in the season, but now look at least average. If this matchup occurs, the 49ers offense will be expected to score a bunch, as I expect the defense to get torn a new one (like the Saints game).

Its become clear that the defense cannot carry the 49ers whole games against good offenses. The offense must pick it up each game and play cleanly in the postseason.

Yeah. It was the hawks second scoring drive of the 2nd half.

anyone catch bosa’s interview outside the locker room? Dude was exhausted. That kid has such a motor. I’ve never seen a player so thankful for a couple weeks rest.

Oh and by the way, I love me some Laura Britt! (9ers postgame show)
It would be nice to get the Bosa brothers on the same team - but that;'s unrealistic.

He's been beaten too many games - Falcons, Rams, Seahawks. They will certainly go after him again if the 49ers start him. Mosley was beaten also but looked sharper in limited play......may partly be his conditioning, but they cant allow that consistently poor of play....he's the weak link and maybe has a loss of confidence.
He definitely looked like he lost his confidence last night after the benching . Interesting to see what they do going into the playoffs with him and Moseley. At this point I think you have to go with the hot hand

9 games have basically come down to the last possession or the last second. In the case of the Atlanta and Seattle games, one inch either way.

Pittsburgh
Arizona
Seattle
Arizona
Baltimore
New Orleans
Atlanta
LA
Seattle

I've essentially had a heart attack watching all these games.

I think they will lose to the Titans, and it will be by like 10+ points. Titans are hot, and Bill seems to lose frequently to some of his old players & proteges. But they were cheated vs. the Chiefs so if they get past them they match up well in that game. Sucks that they blew a home match but hey. Actually more than anything this season that result really p*s me off.

It's still Baltimore's to lose. I am not a fan, so please lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.