New Starting Lineup

Too small and not strong enough.
You can't start a rookie with no summer league or preseason experience.
What you have to lose is 50 games.

It can happen down the road but its too early. Although if they signed off on a tank it could kickstart Bagley's development. I don't think Luke is going to go along with that.

I’m open to it down the road actually. I don’t know what the advanced stats say but I think Barnes has looked good at the 4. 3 ball handlers, 3 shooters. Defense is the big question mark but our current lineup isn’t much better.
If all 5 score at a consistent clip it might be worthwhile. Although it leaves us pretty thin in the second unit. But those guys are supposed to be our 5.

I remember the good old days when I got messaged by admins because my forum name wasn't KingsFans kind of name, to say the least. I wonder where those forum police are now. :cool:

I remember the good old days when I got messaged by admins because my forum name wasn't KingsFans kind of name, to say the least. I wonder where those forum police are now. :cool:
Maybe keeping it around so when fox avg 35% on 3s and 80% on ft the name won’t make sense. I mean he was 100% on ft last preseason game so names already partly wrong :p

One issue with this lineup is that although Barnes operates better offensively and defensively as a PF he's a surprisingly poor rebounder for his size.

Buddy is above average as a SG, but asking he and Haliburton to pick up the slack could hurt fast break opportunities.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Well, I don't know about the good old days, but we don't have the ability to change usernames now, neither the user nor the mods. So it's either force that user to post with a ridiculous name or ban. For now, ridiculous name it is.

____ it let's do it. I like Fox better off the ball with Haliburton QB'n. Next draft we need a wing tho.
You want a rookie with no summer league and a 4 game pre-season running your team at the point?
You are delusional. Fox is no 2 guard.
Barnes is already at the 3.
2, 4 and 5 is where we need help.

I have always liked Whiteside. I think people are giving him a bad rap which he doesn't deserve.

IF it were my team, I would start;
Whiteside
Bagley
Barnes
Hield
Fox

Four main players off the bench would be;
Bjelica
Holmes
Parker
Haliburton

I still think Parker has a lot left to give. He just has to learn that he's not the only person out there.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I have always liked Whiteside. I think people are giving him a bad rap which he doesn't deserve.

Whiteside
Bagley
Barnes
Hield
Fox

Bjelica
Holmes
Parker
Haliburton

I still think Parker has a lot left to give. He just has to learn that he's not the only person out there.
100% with you on this one.

Whiteside
Bagley
Barnes
Hield
Fox

Bjelica
Holmes
Parker
Haliburton

I would like to see Whiteside start at center too.

I think Whiteside will be starting after a few more games. He needs to get up to speed, seeing that he missed most of the abbreviated pre-season.

He and Bagley would give the Kings the rebounding advantage almost every game, helping spark the fast break for Fox. Holmes energy would be great off the bench. Whiteside would give the Kings and elite rebounder and shot blocker in the starting line up to clean up any defensive lapses.

Halliburton/Fox/Hield/Barnes/Bagley

All 5 can run, space and make 3's...Fox will improve..... make it a race..

What do you have to lose?
It's too early to start Haliburton, unless it's at the shooting guard.

Having him start with Fox and Buddy, Haliburton would have to guard the SF and he would get destroyed by small forwards in the NBA (i.e LeBron, Kawaii, Doncic, Zion, Durant, Butler, etc). That's a good way to destroy a young players confidence and body.

Eventually, if he can put on some weight and muscle over 2-3 years and develop a Doug Christie type body, then maybe he can play the SF in the future. Until then, bring him in with the 2nd unit or eventually have him start at SG. He's not physically ready to start against SF in the NBA.

I like Whiteside Finishing the 1st half and game if the other team has a Monster Big like Jokic, Adams or Embiid. The starter is going to get a lot of fouls so best to save Whiteside for crunch time if you can IMO. His foul shooting could be an issue. If he can learn to make enough of them when it counts he is building his own value in his next contract.

I like Whiteside Finishing the 1st half and game if the other team has a Monster Big like Jokic, Adams or Embiid. The starter is going to get a lot of fouls so best to save Whiteside for crunch time if you can IMO. His foul shooting could be an issue. If he can learn to make enough of them when it counts he is building his own value in his next contract.
I think Whiteside or Belly should be the situational starters depending on matchups. Whiteside should be getting the bulk of his minutes at the beginning of halves to minimize his foul shooting too. Its starting to look like Holmes' hot shooting start last year was a one time thing, so he works best as a energy backup, and is a good contrast to Belly/Whiteside.

So anyone of those guys can play 10 to 30 minutes depending on matchups and a hot hand.

Jerry Reynolds has been saying Buddy can play some 3 for years now.
Booker physically beats up Buddy more than most opposing two guards. He usually posts up Buddy and shoots over him. Think that's going to happen often tonight. Opposing 3s would do the same. And Kawahi would circle Kings games each year, because he knows he would get 10 steals on Buddy each time they face up.