Bench:

Garcia
Thompson
Noc
Beno
Brockman
Dorsey
Udoka

That starting lineup is big, athletic, young, and very solid defensively. Landry might be a tad bit undersized but our 6'10" and 6'7" backcourt makes up for it. The bench is solid as well and we finally have the right proportion of bigs and smalls. This team would allow PW to finally have a solid 8-9 man rotation with Brockman, Dorsey and Udoka getting some spot minutes here and there.

Of course, tomorrow could bring us a couple more players from NY if we ship TMac out.

Very exciting!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Too early to talk about the starting lineup with all the noise about T-Mac going to NY in the morning and the trade deadline still hours away.

L

LWP777

Too early to talk about the starting lineup with all the noise about T-Mac going to NY in the morning and the trade deadline still hours away.
I seriously doubt any of the players we get in return for TMac would be in the starting lineup.

I would let JT start and have Landry coming off the bench. He has proven to be one of the best 6th man in the league and he seeems to like that role. I think he can have much more impact coming from the bench.

PF -- Landry
SF -- Caspi
C -- Hawes
SG --Greene
PG -- Evans

Bench:

Garcia
Thompson
Noc
Beno
Brockman
Dorsey
Udoka

That starting lineup is big, athletic, young, and very solid defensively. Landry might be a tad bit undersized but our 6'10" and 6'7" backcourt makes up for it. The bench is solid as well and we finally have the right proportion of bigs and smalls. This team would allow PW to finally have a solid 8-9 man rotation with Brockman, Dorsey and Udoka getting some spot minutes here and there.

Of course, tomorrow could bring us a couple more players from NY if we ship TMac out.

Very exciting!!!!

I think Cisco will be the starting SG. That means - Greene will come of the bench.

I seriously doubt any of the players we get in return for TMac would be in the starting lineup.
You never know, GP could find a deal with another team that gets someone good. Like I said, we still got a little bit longer to go until we hit the trade deadline.

PG-Evans/Beno
SG-Garcia/Udoka/T-mac
SF-Donte/Casspi/Noc
PF-Thompson/Landry/Dorsey/Donte
C-Hawes/Brockman

I think this is going to be our lineup when it's set and done.

Landry could deffinetly give us that offense off the bench we've been lacking. When the bench comes into the game, we can't seem to score. Landry and Udrih together can put up some points.

That being said, Landry as a stater works out well too... Hawes and Landry can work well together, and with Casspi, Greene, and Evans all big for their positions, our rebounding should still be ok.

Carl Landry's 57% FG and 84% FT is off the charts. It's nothing new as his shooting has never been a problem plus his toughness is legendary. A bit undersized (slightly over 6'7 in bare feet) he plays bigger with long 6'11 wing span and likes challenge of getting up close and personal against bigger players - Dirk Nowitzki can certainly attest! I see him coming off the bench in a monster efficient roll just as he's been doing in Houston - at least for remainder of this season.

Basically, the trade is a swap of Martin with his much bigger and longer term contract for Landry with his $3 mil this year and same amount due next season. Then, he can be resigned if the Kings like what they have in the versatile PF.

Hopefully, T-Mac is only around for next 30 games in a cameo or just stays inactive so his expiring huge contract disappears along with him. No need to get tangled up with the Knicks problems unless Petrie can make them bow completely to his demands unlike Rockets could do in their long, drawn out trade talks.

Landry is a contender for 6th man of the year.. I dont think he'll be starting. He will be better utilized off the bench.
The thing that impresses me most about Carl is he is putting up 16 ppg in only 27 minutes... He could easily be a 20 + ppg scorer in this league when given time. he's 14th in the nba in Points Per48 Minutes.

We got a rare scoring big man. dare me to say it but with more time his numbers will look EXACTLY like Amares.

Landry should stay coming off the bench that way when JTs melt down occurs you don't miss much and might not even have to look at him for the rest of the game haha.

This is my ideal lineup for the rest of the season if the trade stays as is.

Evans/Beno
Greene/Garcia
Cassipi/Noc
JT/Landry
Hawes/JT

or

If Westphal is serious about Greene at the 4

Evans/Beno
Beno/Garcia
Cassipi/Nocioni
Greene/Landry
Hawes/JT

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Garcia, while mine and fan favorite, has played a total of 1 min this year. It will take him 3-4 weeks get get back into the swing, maybe longer due to so many new players. He can be our 6th man as he can play 2-3-4 depending on matchups. My preferred starting 5:

Beno, Tyreke, Omri, Landry, Hawes
supported by
Garcia, Greene, Noce, JT, May, Brockman, Udoka, Dorsey

for total of 13, the minimum roster for 09-10.

Beno, Evans, Greene, Landry, Hawes.

No more gimmick lineups please. Casspi loses starting spot, but he performs fine off the bench and he'll have more minutes with Martin gone. Hughes will likely serve a limited role, along with Noc. Thompson, Casspi, Cisco and the previous two off the bench should be able to produce.

Reke
Beno or Greene
Casspi
Landry
Hawes

When Sisco is ready

Reke
Sisco
Casspi
Landry
Hawes

Casspi is more consistent over Greene. JT is better off the bench. I believe Westphaul when he said JT doesnt have to worry about getting into foul trouble early. This way he comes in and plays aggressively off the bench. Its been working JT is looking better of late.

Entity

Hall of Famer
not sure if Beno will ever start now without sergio. Greene or Casspi at the 2 until Garcia is ready to go full strength. Then

Evans/Beno
Garcia/Greene
Casspi/Greene/Noc
JT/Landry/Greene
Hawes/JT/Brockman

May, Udoka, at the end. Dorsey and Mcquire in a suit.

Many of us were eager to trade Kevin, now he is gone and what now?
The open question that needs to be answered will be if we really played so bad in the last time because of his return or because of our unexperienced and inconsistent young team/players.
With Landry we are definetly a stronger team inside.
Reke: Its your team now-good luck!

Starting 5:
Reke
Cisco
Casspi
Landry
Hawes

I am excited about the coming weeks!
GO KINGS!

Status
Not open for further replies.