Glenn

Hall of Famer
ill make it easy...

PG - Tyreke/IT/McCallum
SG - Bmore/Jimmer
SF - IGGY/outlaw
PF - Patterson/JT/Chuck
C - Cus/Cole

S&T with denver sending them thorton, cole on a 1 yr deal...maybe we need another SF(maybe a undrafted FA(james southerland please or we bring back cisco on 1yr deal)). we amnesty john salmons...if i could i would try to replace Jimmer with a better defensive SG and someone with better size next to IT.
Amnesty Salmons so we can get Southerland? Is that really what you are saying? I think this fascination with the amnesty idea has clouded some people's thought processes. Some people seem to think Salmons is useless but really now, he is not all that bad. I want a better SF but let's not just pile on bodies just because we can. Let's have something in mind.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I would hip thrust my way around town, Jim Carrey style, for a whole week were this to come to fruition.
Can you comb your hair properly? If so, I'll bring the camera. Yes, that's a great line-up and PPat could replace JT in the starting lineup just as well.

Amnesty Salmons so we can get Southerland? Is that really what you are saying? I think this fascination with the amnesty idea has clouded some people's thought processes. Some people seem to think Salmons is useless but really now, he is not all that bad. I want a better SF but let's not just pile on bodies just because we can. Let's have something in mind.
i wasnt trying to amnesty salmons for james southerland...amnestying salmons was for salary cap purposes and to bring in IGGY! unless you think we can resign tyreke for 9-10 mil and get iggy for another 12 million and keep salmons on the hook for 7.5 mil and still be under the cap then so be it. DO THE MATH before making comments

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
This was the one that really caught my attention:

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/36812/lakers-waive-guard-chris-duhon

-- former national champion
-- Top 10 all time in NCAA assists
-- scored more points in the playoffs last year than our entire TEAM
-- has started 319 games at PG in the NBA, again more than our entire team
-- rescues kittens from trees in his spare time
-- loves his grandma

Opportunity has just come knocking.

I would like to give this team a shot before any drastic changes. Stable coaching and management can make a difference, especially with young teams. I would use Thornton, Jimmer, as trade bait, i think IT stays, he is the closest thing to a leader this team has. If Evans leaves i can see both Jimmer and Thornton staying. Also let me be the first to say that McCallum will be a player in this league, maybe not a starter but he could be a dynamic backup pg. He has size, high basketball IQ, good athlete, know how to run a team, just needs to work on his shooting. I would not be suprised if he is getting regular rotation minutes instantly, if not by the end of the season. Don't sleep on him as just training camp punching bag.

C: Cousins/Hayes
PF: Patterson/JT
SF: Dorrell Wright(FA)/Salmons/Outlaw
SG:McLemore
PG:Evans/IT/McCallum

Glenn

Hall of Famer
i wasnt trying to amnesty salmons for james southerland...amnestying salmons was for salary cap purposes and to bring in IGGY! unless you think we can resign tyreke for 9-10 mil and get iggy for another 12 million and keep salmons on the hook for 7.5 mil and still be under the cap then so be it. DO THE MATH before making comments
Oh, calm down. No one move is going to get us Iggy. Certainly we can't amnesty Salmons before we have a guarantee that Iggy will sign. If we don't think he will sign, it will have cost us the unsigned Iggy and amnestied Salmons. It isn't a matter of math that bothered me but the risk of having no SF if this is misplayed. We can clear up cap space in many ways. What if we come up a million short in signing Tyreke and Iggy because we signed IT? It's unlikely but there are so many ways this can be played I wouldn't blame anyone for getting confused by a note that mentioned multiple people.

Oh, calm down. No one move is going to get us Iggy. Certainly we can't amnesty Salmons before we have a guarantee that Iggy will sign. If we don't think he will sign, it will have cost us the unsigned Iggy and amnestied Salmons. It isn't a matter of math that bothered me but the risk of having no SF if this is misplayed. We can clear up cap space in many ways. What if we come up a million short in signing Tyreke and Iggy because we signed IT? It's unlikely but there are so many ways this can be played I wouldn't blame anyone for getting confused by a note that mentioned multiple people.
obviously iggy would have to want to sign here for this plan to work. And I must of forgot all the teams wanting to have john salmons on their cap for 7.5 and if he is traded im pretty sure teams would want to trade salary back? is that how trades work or...? and really there are only two options here if you want to get tyreke and iggy and stay under the cap= make a trade or amnesty john salmons. i guess the one trade that would make sense is a S&T with denver giving them marcus thorton and john salmons expiring, bt other than that i dnt see teams knocking down our door to add john salmons 7.5m on their cap without giving some back.

Sign & Trade with Pelicans - Tyreke for Vasquez and Ryan Anderson. Sign - Iggy!! Amnesty Salmons

New Starting 5:

PG - GREIVIS VASQUEZ
SG - BEN MCLEMORE
SF - IGGY
PF - RYAN ANDERSON
C - COUSINS

Sign & Trade with Pelicans - Tyreke for Vasquez and Ryan Anderson. Sign - Iggy!! Amnesty Salmons

New Starting 5:

PG - GREIVIS VASQUEZ
SG - BEN MCLEMORE
SF - IGGY
PF - RYAN ANDERSON
C - COUSINS
I was thinking about this one. It could also be a three way with the Suns getting Gordon and the Kings getting Dudley and Beasley or Frye instead of Anderson. I don't like Beasley.

This is my wish for our depth chart and its realistic.

DMC/Aldrich
PPat/Hayes/Jamison
Iggy/Jamison
Mac/Reke/
Reke/IT/Mcallum

Id be fine with a set roster like this. a nice Blend of skill/defense/shooting/passing/vets/Youth

This is my wish for our depth chart and its realistic.

DMC/Aldrich
PPat/Hayes/Jamison
Iggy/Jamison
Mac/Reke/
Reke/IT/Mcallum

Id be fine with a set roster like this. a nice Blend of skill/defense/shooting/passing/vets/Youth
Interesting, I like it - what's not to like? Need a cheap SG off the bench. I'm guessing JT/MT are mile high?