New Assistant GM of Stockton Kings!

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
We can hope that this is just one of those stupid nepotism moments that served iron out some hard feelings at home but there's no intention to give her any actual power just an office and a salary. Again I totally agree that there are a lot of highly qualified women for the job I just somehow doubt she's one of them.

Great decision Vivek!!

From a failed singer/socialite to Asst GM of an NBA minor league team. Im sure she's a great judge of potential NBA talent. She probably has the inside track on the kings next marvin bagley pick.

I just can't with this team anymore. I don't care if other billionaire owners put their kids into similar positions around the league, and I have nothing against her. I'm sure she can in theory do just as good as any other silver spoon sipping kid.... Vivek really just can't get out of his own way.

Living in Seattle now for over 10 years, with the prospects of a potential expansion Sonics team in the next few years, these next couple seasons of Kings basketball very likely will determine my ability to stick it out with this team. I'm getting too old for this.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Great decision Vivek!!

From a failed singer/socialite to Asst GM of an NBA minor league team. Im sure she's a great judge of potential NBA talent. She probably has the inside track on the kings next marvin bagley pick.
I think it's right that Vivek is getting dunked on because this is tone deaf in the wake of the Monte reports yesterday, but does an assistant GM of a G-League team even have that in their purview?

The most likely NBA prospects are 2nd round picks and fringe NBA guys that get signed to 2-way contracts after being waived by another club. The big kids make those decisions. You would guess if the Kings have eyes on talent they would also direct the G-League team to bring them in, but the odds of finding completely undiscovered talent - bringing them to the G-League without an NBA deal, and having them hit without putting them at risk to another club seem slim and none.

The title is fancy though.

I just can't with this team anymore. I don't care if other billionaire owners put their kids into similar positions around the league, and I have nothing against her. I'm sure she can in theory do just as good as any other silver spoon sipping kid.... Vivek really just can't get out of his own way.

Living in Seattle now for over 10 years, with the prospects of a potential expansion Sonics team in the next few years, these next couple seasons of Kings basketball very likely will determine my ability to stick it out with this team. I'm getting too old for this.
Don't stick it out. No one will blame you.

I mean... just LOL. Just when you think Vivek can't get any worse.
When my hubby picked me up at motorcycle shop he said you’re not going to believe it!!! No crap I had to jump on here and sure enough it’s true???? Oh my God this is just so wrong in so many ways…she couldn’t make it as a singer so now daddy is going to teach her how to screw up a basketball team????

Setting aside the glaring nepotism, how precisely does work in the "Social Responsibility" department prepare one for an assistant general manager position, where responsibilities include "player evaluations and development" and "strategy"?

I think it's excellent when organizations create positions devoted to fostering greater social responsibility, particularly when they're embedded in large and diverse communities. But that's a world away from the day-to-day responsibilities of general management, even in an assistant role.
Exactly. If she were responsible for just "social responsibility/community outreach/business development", she might have been fine. To be fair, I don't know how much skills or passion she has for these roles, and she may not be a good fit there either. However, based on what we do know about her, she is not qualified to be an assistant GM. This kind of nepotism is just ugly.

to be fair, Joe Lacob‘s son is the assistant GM of the freaking Warriors for whatever reason and Jeannie Buss’s brothers are assistant GMs for the Lakers so this isnt entirely unprecedented.
Didn't know that, and that's bad too. Don't care about other orgs though.

Also, while such nepotism is bad in general, no idea how qualified the other guys are. In her case, all I have heard is about her playing in high school. Hope I am wrong and she does have more experience/qualifications.

is this the one who tried out a singing career?
Yep
I remember when Vivek had the big celebration at Chavez park, so many great guests and then like that his daughter came out to sing….. thank God the young man can’t remember his whole name but i believe it was Overstreet from…Glee came out and literally saved her from her completely bombing….

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Our girl gets 1000 hits per month on Spotify and her #1 track features TYGA.

She’s a megastar, and a sure to be successful front office businesswoman.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
After stewing on this for 24 hours, as a silly no-show resume builder type job, or "someone really hungry could have benefited from that job" it definitely comes off insulting.

But I think we should all consider that there is a >0% chance that she could be an owner/part owner with her brother in 10-15 years - and then if she came up from a comparatively entry-level for owner's kids Stockton job to a real job in the NBA org before becoming the person signing paychecks, that's a very good thing?

"I can confirm.."

To add on to the tilt, this ****ing guy. He has to be trolling at this point
It’s like that’s his gimmick. Or a parody.

No one is going to tell a blogger any kind of insider or super secret information for them to break it. Agents leak stuff most of the time and they’ll leak to the national media.

Locally the leaks will get told to those in a certain pecking order and bloggers aren’t exactly at the top of the list.

it’s sad that someone can cover a team for over a decade with nothing really to show for it and is still tweeting “sources confirm.”

Twitter is not a source.

Krunker

Northernmost Kings Fan
If this was a promotion in title but she was doing promotional stuff like social responsibility I wouldn't really care, but she has no business doing player evaluation and strategy

It’s like that’s his gimmick. Or a parody.

No one is going to tell a blogger any kind of insider or super secret information for them to break it. Agents leak stuff most of the time and they’ll leak to the national media.

Locally the leaks will get told to those in a certain pecking order and bloggers aren’t exactly at the top of the list.

it’s sad that someone can cover a team for over a decade with nothing really to show for it and is still tweeting “sources confirm.”

Twitter is not a source.
I mean, he did "break" that one about Donte Divincenzo not being happy about not starting. That was 100% per "team insider" James Ham.

Gotta say Donte's agent started early with the negotiation techniques.

But since this ain't a Ham article, I digress...

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I mean, he did "break" that one about Donte Divincenzo not being happy about not starting. That was 100% per "team insider" James Ham.
He tweeted about it a month after the conversation allegedly took place, in the interim DDV's minutes had gone way up as his health/rhythm improved. When he arrived he was not fit to start.

Honestly that was shady AF. But people were talking about Ham says for a few days, so good on him? I am pretty sure if he had any sources they probably dried up immediately after that because I haven't seen anything but the "can confirm" style tweet out of him since.