NCAA March Madness (discussion and pick 'em)

It's time for March Madness... I've restarted the KingsFans NCAA Pick 'Em League, and people can post in here to discuss the tournament itself, too.

Here's the information on the Pick 'Em league in Yahoo!:

Click here to join the KingsFans league on Yahoo.

You can also join by creating your bracket and joining our group:

Group ID: 136579
Password: kj

Just like the last few years, I set up the league with a different scoring system than normal. I'm leaving the alternate scoring the same as it was last year mostly because I don't want to take the time to think about it. If you care about these kinds of things please take a look at the new scoring system when you sign up. We'll have an alternate scoring champ and a traditional scoring champ at the end.

You can fill in your picks right now, the deadline to submit your bracket is 9:15am PDT on Thursday, March 21. I set it to allow two brackets per person, so you can try twice if you want. The first four games don't count, it's just the other 63 you have to pick.

Should be fun and good luck!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Thanks. I'm in again. I'm going to try my "patented" mascot competition system and see how it goes. :)

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Stolen from another message board:

Harvard: Our cheerleaders are smarter than your professors, and our basketball team full of geeky looking white dudes is going to beat your team of actually recruited players!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Just wanted to say my prayers go out to Kevin Ware of Louisville. What a heartbreaking moment for that young man. Here's to a 100% healing.
Agreed. In the history of sports injuries caught on camera, that one ranks right up there with Joe Theisman's. I'm warning anyone who reads this - if you haven't seen it and decide to go find it on YouTube, brace yourself. It will make you physically ill.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm hoping for the Shockers to win it all. My grandparents lived in Wichita until they passed away.
Where does the name Shockers come from? I pictured an executioner in a room with an electric chair, but I'm thinking that's probably not right.

i was tempted to have michigan go to the final four in my upset bracket but decided to go with my head instead of my heart. oh well, its still nice to see them get this far even tho i didnt pick them.

Agreed. In the history of sports injuries caught on camera, that one ranks right up there with Joe Theisman's. I'm warning anyone who reads this - if you haven't seen it and decide to go find it on YouTube, brace yourself. It will make you physically ill.
Just watched the YouTube video. This one has to be up there with Willis McGahee and Shaun Livingston in terms of sports injuries that I can remember from my time that made me somewhat sick to my stomach.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Just watched the YouTube video. This one has to be up there with Willis McGahee and Shaun Livingston in terms of sports injuries that I can remember from my time that made me somewhat sick to my stomach.
Yep. Those are the same two I thought of. Look for the Joe Theisman (Washington Redskins) injury on YouTube.

Yep. Those are the same two I thought of. Look for the Joe Theisman (Washington Redskins) injury on YouTube.
Watched Theisman's injury as well. That was gruesome, no doubt about it. But, personally, I rank McGahee's and Livingston's above his. Just because with McGahee, you could actually see his knee buckle in and bend the other way. And with Livingston, you could kinda see his leg "flop" to the side as it landed as well. It's funny, though, because I have a disability which hinders my ability to walk and perform tasks that the non-disabled are able to do without even thinking about it twice. But, ever since I was a little kid, I always dreamed about being a huge basketball star, and how cool would it be to take that last second, championship winning shot.

Looking at all of these great athletes go down with such horrific injuries kinda makes me think twice about that.

That was a fun game to watch. I'm glad I had time to see it start to finish.

As far as the Pick 'em contest, steelevt was the big winner, getting the most picks right and the most points in the special scoring system with steelevt's upset Bracket, as well as getting third place with steelevt's Bracket 1. I came in second and would have gotten first under the traditional scoring.

Thanks for all who played. I'm sure we'll all be back again next year. ;)