NCAA March Madness (discussion and pick 'em)

I have Nova in my final 4 so if they lose at least nobody is gonna accuse me of making my bracket up after cherry picking the first few games.

I did have ODU winning though. Part of my don't bet on football schools strategy. My original plan this year was to have an "upsets" bracket where I would also have UCSB taking down tOSU. I always like a 15 to take out a 2. Just when its not the 2 I have going to the FF.
When did Notre Dame become a football school again? :p

Great day of tournament basketball!!! Murray State, Ohio...love seeing the little guys take down the big boys. Looking forward to Friday. Go Eers!

Last edited:
Great tournament so far. Third year in a row we have had a great opening round. Looks like I'm gonna have all my sweet 16 teams in this, which after the first round that all you can really hope for.

SHOCKER!!!

Northern Iowa Panthers 69
Kansas Jayhawks 67

BRACKETS BLOWN TO BITS!!!
**** Kansas... really, you are gonna lose to Northern Iowa. Nova also screwed me.

Could be a interesting group in the final four this year. I wouldn't be shocked if only one #1 seed makes the final four.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I had Kentucky over Kansas. I think most people picked Kansas to at least make the title game so I doubt that is going to explode many people's brackets. Only if you had them winning it all, then you're toast. One year I picked 6 of the elite 8 and the entire final 4 and lost because some Kansas homer picked them to win and the title game is weighted so heavily he went from last to first in my pool.

I'm actually delighted about Kansas going down because of said Kansas homer and the fact that I know about 10 other Kansas fans in Portland and their Rock-Chalk-Jayhawk chants are annoying.

I also had Nova in the FF, I knew after rd. 1 that was a terrible pick.

I guess I was just trying to boost any Wildcat team since Arizona was out.

I guess I was just trying to boost any Wildcat team since Arizona was out.
"Any Wildcat team." How about those superb Kansas St. Wildcats? I have them getting to Final Four but I thought Kansas Jayhawks would edge them again (they'd beaten K-State already 3 times this season). I see no reason that these particular "Kats" won't now get to title game, probably matched up against Kentucky - yet another bunch of Wildcats! But who knows the way this wacky tourney has unfolded so far with my bracket in shambles:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I thought about putting K-State in the FF and then went another direction. I like the way they are playing, but this sure is an interesting tourney.

I wish I would have listened to JVG (he said a few weeks ago on ABC), because is anyone seeing what Cornell is doing to Wisconsin right now? Up by 20 with 10 minutes to play O_O

CBS & NCAA's handling of Broadband streaming has put the NBA broadband pass to shame. They are different situations, but even the setup and quality is much better.

The clever use of ads on game switching generates ad revenue through customer habit, instead of fighting against TV ads and TV viewing habits. They also block you out of switching games on commercial breaks. It's a tricky use of the media, but a smarter use of the media.

SHOCKER!!!

Northern Iowa Panthers 69
Kansas Jayhawks 67

BRACKETS BLOWN TO BITS!!!
Nooo!!!!

Oh, wait. I'm in first place and didn't even have Kansas in the title game.

Yesssss!!!!

:D

One year I picked 6 of the elite 8 and the entire final 4 and lost because some Kansas homer picked them to win and the title game is weighted so heavily he went from last to first in my pool.
Title game shouldn't be so heavily weighted in this league's specialized scoring, so that shouldn't be a problem as much.

Just saw CBS Evening News story right before today's Sweet Sixteen games on how great it is that Cornell is "Cinderella story" so far in the tournament. Yes, it's a great and even inspirational story with recent tragic 6 student suicides on their campus and the way the student body has sought comfort in their basketball team's run (statistically it was pointed out 7.5 college students kill themselves every year per 100,000). Report went gaga over fact that Cornell awards zero athletic scholarships, leads nation in 3pt FG% and starts 5 seniors - with all graduating, several with honors. Yeah, that's all fine and dandy, but what about at least mentioning name of one of 15 other teams left in the tourney, several which have just as remarkable stories. Fat chance out of the arrogant ivory towers in NYC - only ironclad proof of more blatant EAST COAST BIAS. No mention of the other amazing "Cinderellas" - Saint Mary's or Northern Iowa! Makes me hate anyone from the eastern seaboard more and more every day! Hear that home boy Peaches Napear:p

Wow... well according to the scenario generator, I believe I've locked up the alternate scoring title already. Woo hoo! :eek:

I got super lucky with my upset filled bracket and picked 7 of the Elite 8. Now I'm ranked 780 out of what is probably 1 or 2 million brackets on Yahoo. :eek: