NCAA March Madness (discussion and pick 'em)

It's time for March Madness... I've restarted the KingsFans NCAA Pick 'Em League, and people can post in here to discuss the tournament itself, too.

I know the fields haven't even been set yet, but I thought I'd start this up now to try to get lots of brackets in there. Here's the information on the Pick 'Em league:

Click here to join the KingsFans league on Yahoo.

You can also join by creating your bracket and joining our group:

Group ID: 58015
Password: havoc

* IMPORTANT NOTE *

Just like last year, I set up the league with a different scoring system than normal. I tried tweaking one of Yahoo's options to use a slightly different system than the normal 1,2,4,8,16,32 point levels. If there is outrage and backlash I will of course be happy to change it. If you care about these kinds of things please take a look at the new scoring system when you sign up. You will still be scored the normal way for the overall scoring in case you're curious how you would have done.

After the brackets are created this weekend you can fill in your picks. I set it to allow two brackets per person, so you can try twice if you want. I will be filling out one "safe" bracket with few upsets and one "crazy" bracket with lots of upsets.

Should be fun!

I'm in - again! Two years ago I picked Kansas to win it all and correctly picked 3 of 4 in final 4. Picking Jayhawks led me to first place in our little group as they edged Memphis for NCAA championship. Last year, I was just bunched in the pack somewhere as North Carolina took the trophy.

This time around it seems most everyone likes Kansas or Kentucky to win it with those two somehow destined for the championship game. Hmmm... Not sure who the real dark horses are (if any) since it would be hard to call a Syracuse, Ohio State or Duke upset players. Once the 64 team field is announced I'll have a better idea if there really is a crazy bracket buster or two - there's always a few sweet 16 surprises and maybe an elite 8 shocker. March Madness is always a blast. One of the best times of the year for real basketball and sports fanatics.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I'm a little devastated that my team isn't in it for the first time since I began following college ball, but I might get over it in time to make my picks.

I'm in.

WVU baby!! Lets go 'Eers...couches be burning in Morgantown tonight, 1st Big East title.

Give us the one seed committee! (though I think we'll get a 2).

Great to see all the interest again. Remember, you can have two brackets if you'd like, but of course you don't have to.

I have followed almost no college basketball at all this year. The only thing I watched was the bracket selection show, so I don't expect to win by anything other than luck. (I still plan to win, though. :D)

The deadline for filling out brackets is Thursday morning, you don't have to do it before tomorrow's play-in game if you don't want.

Completed my first bracket, might do a second.. Rock - mine did that too at first and then I realized that I'd forgotten to click a winner in the title game. I posted a score but forgot to actually click a winner. So, that might help?

If your bracket says INCOMPLETE, it should also say how many picks are saved just below that (mine says "Picks Saved: 51 of 63" right now).

In fact, I seem to remember you winning the standard scoring title last year, Rockmeister. Maybe you should take a screenshot with all your picks so we can study them and maybe even help figure out why it won't save the bracket. (j/k! :D)

If your bracket says INCOMPLETE, it should also say how many picks are saved just below that (mine says "Picks Saved: 51 of 63" right now).

In fact, I seem to remember you winning the standard scoring title last year, Rockmeister. Maybe you should take a screenshot with all your picks so we can study them and maybe even help figure out why it won't save the bracket. (j/k! :D)
That's a good idea to take a screen shot, that way everyone can look at my picks. :p Its ok, my bracket is complete.

Pres. Obama's bracket has Kansas, K State, Kentucky and Nova in final four with Kansas winning the championship over Kentucky. Last year he was correct in picking North Carolina to win it all but said he "got killed" in the opening round to get off to bad start. It was interesting as he made his picks on ESPN commenting on teams tendencies, coaches, experience, etc. Obviously, he's much more than a casual college b-ball fan and even knows quite a bit about the woman's game since he selected that tournament bracket as well.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
GAHHH

Got my bracket in 5 mins late. :(

Stupid work stupid work!!!

If its cool I'm going to scan mine and post it later I don't need to be part of the "official" contest though.

Last edited:

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I have Nova in my final 4 so if they lose at least nobody is gonna accuse me of making my bracket up after cherry picking the first few games.

I did have ODU winning though. Part of my don't bet on football schools strategy. My original plan this year was to have an "upsets" bracket where I would also have UCSB taking down tOSU. I always like a 15 to take out a 2. Just when its not the 2 I have going to the FF.

I'm at Fire + Ice outside Dunkin Donuts Center were Nova and Robert Morris are playing. It's very cool being here... Ton of people reppin there school all over the Providence Mall. I'm trying to find tickets for the Saint Mary game.. Wish me luck!