[NBA] Western Conference Semifinals

Who advances to the Western Conference Finals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yep, the catch and shoot got 'em. I have to say D'Antoni was a huge disappointment in this series. He stuck with Capela to a fault, didn't go back to the smaller lineup, and never instilled a sense of urgency in his guys. I think there is a chance D'Antoni might be back on the market after this one.

I hope that is the first and last time i ever stand up and pump my fist for a clutch Klay Thompson three pointer
I'm not going for it.

I will never ever ever root for the Golden State Warriors in any capacity. The only team that could give me pause would be the Lebron Lakers and even then I probably just end up feeling disgusted such a series could happen and be miserable.

God I love seeing Chris Paul upset. I hope he never wins a damn thing in his career. All that talking to the refs over the years and him being the biggest low key ***hole in the entire league for years makes this day even sweeter. I also dislike Harden and how he attempts to manipulate the game with his bullcrap flopping. Serves both of them right.

Now let’s hope Golden State loses in the conference finals. I feel filthy having to root for them against Houston.

God I love seeing Chris Paul upset. I hope he never wins a damn thing in his career. All that talking to the refs over the years and him being the biggest low key ***hole in the entire league for years makes this day even sweeter. I also dislike Harden and how he attempts to manipulate the game with his bullcrap flopping. Serves both of them right.

Now let’s hope Golden State loses in the conference finals. I feel filthy having to root for them against Houston.
I wouldn't put money on either the Nuggz or the Blazers. I'm more interested in seeing how they match up with any of the big 3 of the east. The finals could be interesting.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

Agree wholeheartedly with the bolded part. Can't agree with the second part. I'm still Team DMC and I'm hoping he's able to return for the BIG show.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Harden was practically blind though. It was a miracle he could reach the floor without a white cane.
And yet, his free throws were right on line. Almost like he didn't have any kind of perception problem at all from that disfigured orb. (I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out he had some kind of contact lens in to maximize the appearance of damage.)

Yes, I hate him that much.

I feel like the Rockets just went with way too much ISO this series. Towards the end of games their game plan was to dribble the clock down to to 10s and pull off a tough contested shot. It just won't work when the opposing team has more offensive power than you do. Rockets ran no type of half-court offense in this series. It was horrible basketball to watch imo. Most of their 3pt shots came down to broken plays or kick backs from drives to the rim. Like jeez, I complained about the Kings' half-court offense this year, but we actually ran plays! We also saw lots of plays from the post with WCS, Giles, and Bagley. Rockets did none of that and just completely played off CP3 or Harden. Ahh here I go again making an argument to keep WCS....LOL.

Anyone else miss Kings basketball yet?

People love to hype harden up cause players are scared to guard him in the regular season. Come playoffs he chokes and shoots under 45% dudes a fraud. Also lost to the spurs when Kawhi missed a game 7
This has been my argument toward the pro-Harden is ‘one of the all-time greats’ crowd all over the net. If I’ve said it once I’ve said it 1,000 times — the guy is a volume chucker. Nothing more. The most overrated player in the league IMO and I don’t believe it’s close. He’s a good offensive player that’s been made into a great offensive player by the NBA’s penchant for allowing select players ‘star treatment’.

IMO Houston’s style of play is bad for the game and I’m quite happy it’s yet to bear fruit in terms of a championship or even a Finals appearance. D’Antoni’s teams have been great in the regular season, but not successful beyond. I hope the postseason failures continue.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
“Good offensive player made great by officiating” is 100% true though. If James F Harden wasn’t rewarded for throwing himself into every defender on the court HIS style of play would be vastly different, and the leagues ability to attempt to defend him would be vastly different. You cannot say if the league was officiated in an non-bias vaccuum Harden would be the same player. Because he wouldn’t.

I already knew everything I needed to know, but when he had a chance to knock down a big three last night but instead focused more on throwing his legs into Iggy instead of straight up shooting it, it said all that needed to be said about him. And it was non-called, and he missed the shot. Lol

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Both Harden and Paul played passively in the 4th. But that wasn't all that was wrong. Houston blew a 3 on 2 fast break with about 9.5 minutes left in the 4th that would have made them up by 9; on the same play Paul was loafing in the back court instead of getting up the floor and demanding the ball. Why was Green taking shots that should have gone to Gordon, Harden or Paul? Why didn't Houston do some hard fouls on GS layups (e.g. Looney) and make them go the free throw line? Harden did his dribble, dribble, dribble act, then pass, with 10 seconds or less, which works fine in the regular season, not so much in the playoffs. All in all, a choke job by Harden and a lousy coaching job, imo. I think Houston makes a coaching change. The "you take your turn and I'll take my turn offense" just doesn't work in the playoffs.

Golden State played like the champions they are. I couldn't have more respect for those guys. It was an awesome performance.