Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
The new max salary figures are reason enough to be happy (in retrospect) that Vlade passed on Luka in the draft. This guy is going to be making $60-80 million a year for the next half decade. So basically take what Fox/Sabonis are making and add $20 million a year on top of that. Is it even worth it to have a first team All-NBA player on your roster anymore? I mean, guys like Doncic are really good but nobody is that good.

Well game 1 played out as i expect 3 more games to play out before the Wolves muster up the 3-4 blow outs they’ll need to win this series.

Mavs size matched up quite well as I expected. Gafford and Lively strong games.

Crunch time came down to Luka and Kyrie vs the Brick machine. Luka and Kyrie won

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
The new max salary figures are reason enough to be happy (in retrospect) that Vlade passed on Luka in the draft. This guy is going to be making $60-80 million a year for the next half decade. So basically take what Fox/Sabonis are making and add $20 million a year on top of that. Is it even worth it to have a first team All-NBA player on your roster anymore? I mean, guys like Doncic are really good but nobody is that good.
I wanted Luka but what irritates me most is we basically only even did due diligence on Luka and Bagley. We should have traded down if we didn’t want Luka. And because JJJ had some injury woes I can actually imagine a world where we still wind up drafting Hali and Keegan and wind up with the roster we have now plus JJJ. That would be a title team. Fight me.

I wanted Luka but what irritates me most is we basically only even did due diligence on Luka and Bagley. We should have traded down if we didn’t want Luka. And because JJJ had some injury woes I can actually imagine a world where we still wind up drafting Hali and Keegan and wind up with the roster we have now plus JJJ. That would be a title team. Fight me.
I'm actually over the whole missing out on Luka thing at this point.

Different regime and Monte has been proven to be a far better judge of talent than Vlade will ever be. Lets hope Monte can nail this summer moves and get the Kings back on track. After all, 3 of the 4 team in the conference finals wasn't even in the playoffs last year or was the #8 seed (TWolves) last year.

It just goes to show how much parity there is in the league and getting 1 or 2 missing pieces/players could possibly push the Kings into title contention next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.