[NBA] The Finals

Who Ya Got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Let me preface this by saying I will forever despise Vlade and think he's a friggin moron who set our franchise back decades...

... but seeing the Celtics hunt Luka on defense, and seeing Luka blow an epic comeback attempt with a dumb 6th foul, then be super whiny and pathetic about it, is very very satisfying.
While I wanted to pick Luka and hating all the bad things about his game may just be copium, what really cheeses me about Vlade and Brandon Williams, and I lay a lot of the blame on him because I think he was the chief talent evaluator in that FO, was not not picking Luka, it was having the #2 pick in the draft and not evaluating all top 6 prospects thoroughly. They lasered in on one, knew he would not be the first pick, and didn't bother doing due diligence or exploring trade back scenarios.

All I know is JJJ struggled out of the gate with injuries so we could have possibly drafted him and still wound up with most of this same core and THAT would be a team.

Let me preface this by saying I will forever despise Vlade and think he's a friggin moron who set our franchise back decades...

... but seeing the Celtics hunt Luka on defense, and seeing Luka blow an epic comeback attempt with a dumb 6th foul, then be super whiny and pathetic about it, is very very satisfying.
on the other hand, the Kings wish they could win the western conference or make it to the west finals. Which he has done, twice.

Until they can figure out how to match where he is, they're behind

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Sorry but even if we drafted Luka, Vlade and the FO would of found a way to screw it up, pee off Luka, and he would be gone at this time anyway, Still a bonehead move but they would of found a way to mess this up even if they drafted him,
He wouldn't be gone yet. The new play seems to be securing the third contract - the true super max - which is most lucrative if signed by the team that held your first contract. And I suspect after signing one in Dallas he will force his way from them as well.

on the other hand, the Kings wish they could win the western conference or make it to the west finals. Which he has done, twice.

On this I disagree. Luka would not have been given the leeway in Sacramento that he received in Dallas. He would likely have received the same treatment that Cousins did. So when he became a FA, he would have left town for a bigger market.

gunks

Hall of Famer

Oh yeah for sure. Like I said, I will still always despise Vlade for passing on Luka.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
On this I disagree. Luka would not have been given the leeway in Sacramento that he received in Dallas. He would likely have received the same treatment that Cousins did. So when he became a FA, he would have left town for a bigger market.
Yeah - most of us wanted Luka and thought he was a sure thing - but there was a lot of talk about how he'd be a bust here. And I like I said here or another thread, his shortcomings really are the same shortcomings that typically get assigned to our players as the fault of our organization.

That said man, when I watched Windy. I've never seen anyone go at a star player like that. And it's all true. Cousins was a phenomenal talent but not allowed to be a star until he left Sacramento and then sadly he went through the injury ringer.

He wouldn't be gone yet. The new play seems to be securing the third contract - the true super max - which is most lucrative if signed by the team that held your first contract. And I suspect after signing one in Dallas he will force his way from them as well.
I doubt he gets a supermax with this play.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
5 straight All-Star and All NBA first team appearances. That's literally why they made the supermax. He will be the highest paid player in the league, even if only for a day or two.
I mean, if I can’t cheer for him as a King, the least I can do is cheer for him for robbing the Adelson family of a 400 million dollar Supermax contract (probably)

5 straight All-Star and All NBA first team appearances. That's literally why they made the supermax. He will be the highest paid player in the league, even if only for a day or two.
This play right here and now is antithesis to what you just listed - think Karl Malone. 14 all nba teams -- 14!!! No way in fk Doncic has that longevity or value., and Malone never sniffed max contracts.......any GM willing to give that is setting his club up failure. Doncic is already getting injured in his prime 24/25 yro, how is he supposed to be worth top player value.