[NBA] The Finals

Who Ya Got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Possibly.

He outplayed Davis in the conference finals. Davis had - perpetual “WTF” look on his face when dealing with Jokic. if Davis wasn’t healthy this time around then healthy Davis is simply a myth anyway

Embiid meanwhile has never been past the second round and was pretty meh against Boston as Philly went as James Harden did. I also don’t know if Embiid makes his teammates better as Jokic does. If failing in the WCF dogged Jokic, then not even making the conference finals should haunt Embiid.

I personally like Giannis overall but the absolute best is subjective and likely depends on who is individually having the best year. Nobody was better this season than Jokic and it’s likely he’ll finish on top.
Jokic is the best offensive player by a pretty wide margin. His rebounding and sheer size make up for a bit of his disinterest in playing defense but he's still pretty abysmal there.

I like Giannis and maybe Luka more than Embiid but I've admittedly watched Embiid the least out of all these guys. Luka doesn't really get into the convo until mavs get their act together or he goes to a competent org, as unfair as that is.

For me it's prob Jokic / Giannis shared #1. They have such different games I don't really see how you can clearly say one is better than the other.

10-4 run by the Nuggets over the last 3:30. Those 4 points were a Jimmy turnaround over Jokic barely pretending to close on him and Jokic completely losing Bam on a screen and letting him free for a drive to the basket for 2 FTs. Miami couldn't do anything else on offense outside of those mistakes

10-4 run by the Nuggets over the last 3:30. Those 4 points were a Jimmy turnaround over Jokic barely pretending to close on him and Jokic completely losing Bam on a screen and letting him free for a drive to the basket for 2 FTs. Miami couldn't do anything else on offense outside of those mistakes
Miami buried em on 3 pointers - exactly what they missed the first game. Heat played better defense to boot.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Well, Malone is in a very familiar spot. Took until the finals to finally see it, but the Heat aren't messing around anymore. They are going to put Jokic in the pick and roll blender for real from the looks of it. It's going to be very interesting to see how Malone responds. Will he go with that smaller lineup which looks to be a pretty good defensive one? Or stick to his superstar?

Well, Malone is in a very familiar spot. Took until the finals to finally see it, but the Heat aren't messing around anymore. They are going to put Jokic in the pick and roll blender for real from the looks of it. It's going to be very interesting to see how Malone responds. Will he go with that smaller lineup which looks to be a pretty good defensive one? Or stick to his superstar?
Jokic wasn't the problem it was Murray and especially Porter Jr having poorer outings. I'm not sure what the McNuggets are gonna do when Butler finds his mojo which he hasn't yet. Spoelstra needs to up Love's minutes and limit Zeller's.