• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member

Denver Nuggets (1) vs. Miami Heat (8)
ESPN BPI favorite: Denver 92%
Caesars favorite: Denver -360
Game 1: Thursday at Denver, 8:30 p.m. ET (ABC)
Game 2: Sunday at Denver, 8 p.m. ET (ABC)
Game 3: Wednesday June 7 at Miami, 8:30 p.m. ET (ABC)
Game 4: Friday June 9 at Miami, 8:30 p.m. ET (ABC)
Game 5*: Monday June 12 at Denver, 8:30 p.m. ET (ABC)
Game 6*: Thursday June 15 at Miami, 8:30 p.m. ET (ABC)
Game 7*: Sunday June 18 at Denver, 8 p.m. ET (ABC)
*If necessary

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Denver will have 9 days from playing, not including practice sessions. I don't know if this will make them a bit rusty and slow to get into a rhythm or just come out blazing. I've picked the Heat to lose every series so I'm just going to pick them, even though Denver has the better team.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I'd like to see Malone (and the Joker) win one. I also think they are the better team, but the Heat will make it tough and may pull it out. Denver in 7?

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Miami shows how a team can go with fair talent, stability, excellent coaching, and player development. That said, I expect (and hope) Joker & Co. will run over them, as they have the coaching and excellent talent.

Rooting for the Nuggz since that in inherently raises the value of the Kings pieces since they kind of have a similar build, Nuggz in 6, but this is truly a contest of matchups. If the switching smallball and pick and roll game of Miami is a bad matchup they could very easily wipe the floor with Denver and force Jokic into the same no mans land the Warriors put him in in years prior. This might come down to coaching and I wouldn't bet against Spo if it does.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Rooting for the Nuggz since that in inherently raises the value of the Kings pieces since they kind of have a similar build, Nuggz in 6, but this is truly a contest of matchups. If the switching smallball and pick and roll game of Miami is a bad matchup they could very easily wipe the floor with Denver and force Jokic into the same no mans land the Warriors put him in in years prior. This might come down to coaching and I wouldn't bet against Spo if it does.
If the Nugs can win it all so can the Kings has kind of been my motto. Not just about build but I think market too, TBF, Denver has been really good the last 3 seasons and they might be even less visible to many than the Kings. They were the team that got bumped so we could finally have a tv game IIRC, and they also were buried in the less desirable tv times early in the playoffs while we enjoyed our ratings darlings moment in the sun, that was totally just people salivating for LeBron vs. Steph, the series of the century.

If the Nugs can win it all so can the Kings has kind of been my motto. Not just about build but I think market too, TBF, Denver has been really good the last 3 seasons and they might be even less visible to many than the Kings. They were the team that got bumped so we could finally have a tv game IIRC, and they also were buried in the less desirable tv times early in the playoffs while we enjoyed our ratings darlings moment in the sun, that was totally just people salivating for LeBron vs. Steph, the series of the century.
Yeah, the only thing is the Kings don't have a choice, they have to either find a piece or two to close the MVP gap with Jokic or become a good defensive team. Fox is probably a wash with Murray, but the Nuggets still have two athletic forwards that can put up 16-17 a night and a PG/C that will get you 30-40 some nights and 25 all day.

Nuggets favored by 9 in first game - that's a pretty big spread.... 9 points indicates it will likely not come down to the wire according to bookies. Nuggets take a double digit lead and fend off attempts by Heat to close is probably the most likely scenario of that differential forecast.

I don't know about all that: I didn't feel sad about Steve Nash retiring without a championship. I damned sure didn't feel sad about Karl Malone retiring without one.
I was thinking about Nash, which was a bit sad to me. YMMV

Nash Shouldn't have been a multi year mvp imo so that doesn't even fit his qualifiers.
Yeah, I don't really agree that Nash's MVPs were illegitimate. But you do you.

If I were to requalify my statement, I'd say it would seem a bit sad if Jokic's legacy was to be a name in the endless sports debates about greatest players to never win a championship. He doesn't seem particularly contemptible.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
If I were to requalify my statement, I'd say it would seem a bit sad if Jokic's legacy was to be a name in the endless sports debates about greatest players to never win a championship. He doesn't seem particularly contemptible.
Wait, so you think that the "best player without a ring" discourse should be reserved for players you find contemptible?

I think Denver’s the far better team and MPJ is a Mizzou guy (sort of) from my town, so while my bets are on the Nuggets I will never root against the Heat in this series. They’ve shown themselves to be the heart of the postseason.