[NBA] The Finals

Who Ya Got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Not even close - the Chiefs......heck the Warriors aren't even the worst in the NBA - goes to whatever team with Harden on it these days.
I don’t have much ill will towards the Chiefs. The only reason they beat the Niners in the SB is because Jim sucks and he gets all that rage. Lol

James Harden can also kick rocks. The only time I’ve ever rooted for him? When he was playing the Warriors. And of course, he choked.

I don’t have much ill will towards the Chiefs. The only reason they beat the Niners in the SB is because Jim sucks and he gets all that rage. Lol
Its not about against the 49ers that was called before the game (obvious) - its pretty-boy Homey I can't stand - the Bengals booting them out made the season last year and the wiping by the Bucs the year before almost as satisfying........used to be Patsies and to a lesser degree Sea-chickens, but those teams are now nobodies - still fun to watch B1tchelchek lose though.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Mahomes family is the main reason he’s annoying. Other that just being outrageously good and the Niners choosing Solomon Thomas instead of him.

Advantage: Warriors. Even if Boston comes out firing in game 6, eventually sending the series back to the bay for game 7, I really don't see how they leave for Boston as NBA Champions.

Hats off to Golden State. They played a smothering defense. Very impressive. No jive, just great play.

Kerr played a great chess match and anticipated the Celtics over playing Curry. The Celtics made someone else beat them. Andrew Wiggins had the game of his life. Green lulled the Celtics to sleep and showed some offense last night. The small line up by the Ws worked fine.

In the first half the Celtics looked like the stage was too big for them. They looked inexperienced really for the first time. The Warriors had a lot to do with it. Defense wins championships.

I did not look at the stat sheet. I don't want to.

Hats off to Golden State. They played a smothering defense. Very impressive. No jive, just great play.

Kerr played a great chess match and anticipated the Celtics over playing Curry. The Celtics made someone else beat them. Andrew Wiggins had the game of his life. Green lulled the Celtics to sleep and showed some offense last night. The small line up by the Ws worked fine.

In the first half the Celtics looked like the stage was too big for them. They looked inexperienced really for the first time. The Warriors had a lot to do with it. Defense wins championships.

I did not look at the stat sheet. I don't want to.
The Warriors both looked better and acted more effectively, so the outcome was logical. Defense - we could even make a movie :)

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I missed the fourth quarter but it seems like that was another game that could have gone either way. Boston gets to play at home in game 6 but they'll only have the advantage if they come out aggressive. They need to set the tone right from the opening tip because there's no way Golden State wants to play in a game 7 under any circumstances.

I missed the fourth quarter but it seems like that was another game that could have gone either way. Boston gets to play at home in game 6 but they'll only have the advantage if they come out aggressive. They need to set the tone right from the opening tip because there's no way Golden State wants to play in a game 7 under any circumstances.
I think the Warriors would be fine in a game 7 seeing that they would be playing at home. Boston probably doesn't want the series to go to a game 7 at the end of the day, which is unfortunate for them. Because if they want to win it all, they will have to win in a game 7.

While I generally agree with your initial statement, I also kind of disagree. The Warriors set the tone very early, and had control for most of the game. Minus a Boston run in the second half, they actually didn't show me anything to make me feel confident that they would end up winning the game.

Yes, without more aggressiveness it will be hard to win. But they're going to try. I think the coaching staff will take the mistakes and change the game a little bit. The next game promises to be more entertaining!

The Celtics just don't have the firepower and a team hanging it's hat on defense is doing some of the worst things you can against modern teams while being excellent at times when they play the right way. If Middleton doesn't go down they aren't even here.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Celtics just don't have the firepower and a team hanging it's hat on defense is doing some of the worst things you can against modern teams while being excellent at times when they play the right way. If Middleton doesn't go down they aren't even here.
Rob Williams coming back actually seems to have hurt them because it's forced the Celtics into playing two centers at once (Horford and Williams) while they had most of their success at the end of the season running smaller lineups with Tatum or Grant Williams at the 4.

Rob Williams coming back actually seems to have hurt them because it's forced the Celtics into playing two centers at once (Horford and Williams) while they had most of their success at the end of the season running smaller lineups with Tatum or Grant Williams at the 4.
And Ime is pulling a KANGZ and not realizing Tatum probably likes spacing around him. The Warriors play illegal defense off the ball as it is and they only have two scorers on their whole team.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I hate that of course it was GS to unlock Wiggins.

I hate that they have a #2 pick sitting in the wings who will probably be a stud simple because he plays for GS.

I hate that they have Kuminga.

I hate that I have to deal with Warriors fans on a daily basis.

Anything else? Probably.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

I hate that they have a #2 pick sitting in the wings who will probably be a stud simple because he plays for GS.

Anything else? Probably.

Nah, Wiseman is Bagley 2.0. Even if the guy is solid next year, he's still going to be the oft-injured guy they passed on Melo for.

Last edited:

Anything else? Probably.
Dude, them and the Pels are scary. This is why the Kings need to be trying to actually be building a super team. Stack up as much talent as you can because if Zion gets on weight watchers it's going to be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.