[NBA] The Finals

Who Ya Got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curry and Thompson had big games and they lost by 16.
Green did not show up.

The Celtics are bigger and much more physical. They wear teams out and have big fourth quarters. Ws shooting when contested by Smart was 0 for 9. The Celtic defense is remarkably good. The Warriors played some zone and it did not work very well.

Listening to Isiah Thomas was very interesting in the post game show. He talked about how the Warriors lacked focus and mental toughness. Green especially. This is exactly what I perceive to be their greatest weakness.

Game 1 hold the Dubs to 16 4th quarter points. Game 3 11 points in the 4th. well done
Outhustled in the 4th quarter. As good a shooter as Porter is, he's slow of foot - he had a couple opportunistic rebounds but was getting beaten on defense. The Warriors defense on Smart was poor. Tatum missed 3 or 4 point blank layups in the game, some of them contested. Horford after a dog game 2 came back with a much better game. The Warriors bench has not played as well as the Celtics bench. Warriors need Wiggins to step up better. Kerr not letting Bjelica shoot or he is reticent too....Celtics are giving him space to shoot, and he's streaky, but he has the ability. Green was close to non-factor on offense for the Warriors - that can't happen either.

Bjelica looked really slow and stumbling. He has never played that fast in his life.

Wiggins and Poole are key guys for GS. Porter is kind of a wild card. If these guys don't step up, then the Celtics will continue to focus on Thompson and Curry. This series is the best defense I have seen in years, maybe ever in the history of the League.

It is the physicality of Smart, Brown and Tatum the back court that is really unusual.

Smart is one of my favorite players in the league. Wish we could have signed him a few years back.
I remember a conversation happening along the lines of:

"Overpay Smart, who cares if he's not the perfect fit next to Fox. We need defensive culture-changers and he'd be the best first step in fixing this defense."

Coming off the worst defensive season in NBA history and like the 27th ranked defense the last 2 years.... whoops. He probably was worth throwing a masssive bag at.

I remember a conversation happening along the lines of:

"Overpay Smart, who cares if he's not the perfect fit next to Fox. We need defensive culture-changers and he'd be the best first step in fixing this defense."

Coming off the worst defensive season in NBA history and like the 27th ranked defense the last 2 years.... whoops. He probably was worth throwing a masssive bag at.
I could be thinking of PatBev but I thought that we did make an offer to Smart and Boston matched it and Smart said something to the effect that he was relieved he didn't have to come here?

I could be thinking of PatBev but I thought that we did make an offer to Smart and Boston matched it and Smart said something to the effect that he was relieved he didn't have to come here?
I think that was Pat Bev. IIRC, Smart ended up signing a real value contract of like 4/48 or something ridiculous like that.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Bjelica looked really slow and stumbling. He has never played that fast in his life.

Wiggins and Poole are key guys for GS. Porter is kind of a wild card. If these guys don't step up, then the Celtics will continue to focus on Thompson and Curry. This series is the best defense I have seen in years, maybe ever in the history of the League.

It is the physicality of Smart, Brown and Tatum the back court that is really unusual.
don't you remember the Spurs vs Pistons finals?

Curry was the difference last night. An undeniable talent, I just wish he could grow up and act more like an adult. Yelling at the Celtics bench is so typical of his jive. Wiggins added a lot. The rest of the Ws seemed kind of anemic on offense, but Curry carried them.

The Celtics definitely struggle with turnovers at times. You have to give Golden State credit for that. Their defense last night was really good. If the Celtics are going to get out rebounded and commit a bunch of turnovers, they are going to be in trouble.

This is one great series.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I for one will no longer stand for such showboating during basketball games! Refs should issue ejections every time a player even begins to show emotions! These are serious games, not dance parties at the discotheque!

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
don't you remember the Spurs vs Pistons finals?
I mean, not for nothing but the Celtics probably aren’t even doing as good a job of defending the Warriors as the Raptors did in their Kawhi year (Raptors were already giving them fits BEFORE KD and Klay had their injuries).

Status
Not open for further replies.