Who Ya Got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
The Warriors are a pansy team, so they try to compensate with Green's antics. If refs are going to let him fall on a guy shooting a 3 and then tussle on the ground and push the shooter, then the games are going to eventually get out of control.. Who are the enforcers on the Celtics? Nearly all of them.
Ghost of Jack Palance's burner account confirmed.

Padrino,
I will tell you what kind of a fan I am. One that played seriously for over 40 years. We started on the playground playing for money. Then it was on to high school playing against kids going to ACC schools on scholarships. My next door neighbor played for NC State. We played in a domed stadium with an upper and lower deck. Then years of industrial leagues playing against former college and some semi-pro guys.

I was an under sized center and forward. I got by on physicality and orneriness. Basketball has always been about mental warfare for me. I can see it in the players plain as day. Don't tell me what kind of fan I am, its insulting coming from some guy on the internet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Padrino,
I will tell you what kind of a fan I am. One that played seriously for over 40 years. We started on the playground playing for money. Then it was on to high school playing against kids going to ACC schools on scholarships. My next door neighbor played for NC State. We played in a domed stadium with an upper and lower deck. Then years of industrial leagues playing against former college and some semi-pro guys.

I was an under sized center and forward. I got by on physicality and orneriness. Basketball has always been about mental warfare for me. I can see it in the players plain as day. Don't tell me what kind of fan I am, its insulting coming from some guy on the internet.
Good for you. To be clear, I made no specific declaration regarding what kind of fan you are. I simply noted that your subjectivity was showing despite the firmness of your conviction, and that it spoke more to your particular biases as a fan than to any concrete reality regarding the Warriors' toughness and defensive ability.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Padrino,

40 years of playing? I have to ask, how are your knees treating you these days?

Glad you asked. My knees are actually fine. I do the right stuff like exercise, glucosamine, hot tub, etc. I wore neoprene sleeves the last ten years. My knees gave me trouble when I was around 50 or so. I had a mule that was injured. I had to walk her every day no matter what the weather. After a couple of months my knees were a lot better. Now I am 72 and walk a lot, even with a titanium rod in my femur and a bolt through my hip. The human body is an amazing thing.

My back is trouble. It has some arthritis. We played on concrete and asphalt some of the time. My bad injuries that I really feel are from skiing and horse wrecks.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Glad you asked. My knees are actually fine. I do the right stuff like exercise, glucosamine, hot tub, etc. I wore neoprene sleeves the last ten years. My knees gave me trouble when I was around 50 or so. I had a mule that was injured. I had to walk her every day no matter what the weather. After a couple of months my knees were a lot better. Now I am 72 and walk a lot, even with a titanium rod in my femur and a bolt through my hip. The human body is an amazing thing.

My back is trouble. It has some arthritis. We played on concrete and asphalt some of the time. My bad injuries that I really feel are from skiing and horse wrecks.
the human body will treat you well as long as you remain in some type of motion so at your age at least you do lots of walking is beneficial. May you continue to prosper in good health moving forward sir.

the human body will treat you well as long as you remain in some type of motion so at your age at least you do lots of walking is beneficial. May you continue to prosper in good health moving forward sir.
I often wonder about the human body. In my experience, I have noticed that if you don't move, your energy tone drops. But if I move, I feel much better. There was a time after my injury when I felt this very clearly.

I learned from your story that I need to be more careful, because injuries can come back to haunt me in my old age. Be healthy!

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I often wonder about the human body. In my experience, I have noticed that if you don't move, your energy tone drops. But if I move, I feel much better. There was a time after my injury when I felt this very clearly.

I learned from your story that I need to be more careful, because injuries can come back to haunt me in my old age. Be healthy!
No question that if you don't move the energy levels will drop. It's why you see many individuals who work desk jobs and sedentary jobs in general that feel exhausted when working. That's not to say those working in labor jobs have it easy but just think of all the times we sit throughout the day whether it's in our home, car and job.

Green is pretty articulate, bright even. He has a diabolical plan to help his team.
But his emotional development seemed to stop some time when he was a teenager.
That is what makes him a jerk.

Jaylen Brown is a great player, who's the Jaylen Brown of this draft ?
Short answer, I don't think there is one. Tari Eason has that same level athleticism/almost wreckless style of play that Jaylen did as a prospect. Inconsistent shooter, but great physical profile. If AJ Griffin found his high school athleticism, he'd be the easy call. Davis a little too small, not the same athlete. Maybe Ben Mathurin? But doesn't have the same size. Keegan is the opposite of young Jaylen where he's very composed and under control+not the same level athlete.

Short answer, I don't think there is one. Tari Eason has that same level athleticism/almost wreckless style of play that Jaylen did as a prospect. Inconsistent shooter, but great physical profile. If AJ Griffin found his high school athleticism, he'd be the easy call. Davis a little too small, not the same athlete. Maybe Ben Mathurin? But doesn't have the same size. Keegan is the opposite of young Jaylen where he's very composed and under control+not the same level athlete.
It would be Sharpe if he develops. IF he develops.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It would be Sharpe if he develops. IF he develops.
If Shaedon develops correctly, he might eclipse Brown and be a Tatum-level wing talent. That unfortunately is a HUMUNGOUS if.

Dude already has elite off the bounce creation shot creation skills and a projectable stroke. If he gains a few more inches of length (possible considering how young he is) and learns how to defend, he's the best player in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.