NBA Power Ranking (3-13-06)

Kings went from ranking 16th to "9th"!!!! in the **ESPN**Power Rankings

GO KINGS!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/powerranking?season=2006&week=19

Power Rankings: Clips, Kings climb; Nets, Hornets tumble
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com

First time all season that the committee (of one) has faced this predicament: No one out there seems especially worthy of No. 1 this week.
[SIZE=-2][/SIZE]
The incumbent from San Antonio lost to both L.A. teams since the last edition of the ESPN.com NBA Power Rankings. Phoenix lost to the Spurs without Steve Nash ... then lost at lowly Portland with him. Detroit, meanwhile, is still having trouble with Washington. Dallas? The Mavericks went a solid 3-1 after dropping to No. 4 but haven't played well since before the All-Star break, according to their fuming coach with the unmistakable voice.
So we revert to our default settings. The Pistons -- still in possession of the league's best record, incidentally -- go back to No. 1 for the first time in five weeks. Read on to see where your team ranks and click here to send me feedback. You can also click here to read the latest around-the-league weekend edition of the Daily Dime.

9 (16)Kings32-31Before Friday, Kings had visited the .500 Club only once all season . . . at 7-7. Now Kings are 15-7 in the Artest Era and, as of Monday morning, suddenly up to No. 8.

Way to go Kings. I like out chances against anyone now and we still have room for improvement. With Bonzi/KMart, SAR, Cisco coming off the bench we have a good bench that has put up some good #s. Keep this thing rolling Kings. I really hope we can get the 6th spot and face Denver in the 1st round....then have a good head of steam in the 2nd round and hopefully beyond. We still need a few more players, but you never know when you are in the playoffs, hopefully things go our way.

The way the Kings are playing with such confidence and is able to win regardless of how poorly they are shooting is a true testament that the Kings stand a good chance agains ANY team they go against in the playoffs.

It is not how you start... it is how you FINISH!

8 (6) Pacers 31-29 When Artest returns Friday, he'll find his old pal Carlisle coming off a bad week . . . but for the most winning no matter how banged-up Pacers are. As usual.

eh???? :confused:

Arco Arena said:
8 (6) Pacers 31-29 When Artest returns Friday, he'll find his old pal Carlisle coming off a bad week . . . but for the most winning no matter how banged-up Pacers are. As usual.

Peja will get OWNED by Artest. You can take that to the bank.

SKFFL said:
The way the Kings are playing with such confidence and is able to win regardless of how poorly they are shooting is a true testament that the Kings stand a good chance agains ANY team they go against in the playoffs.

It is not how you start... it is how you FINISH!
I agree. As in any sport, the hottest teams at the end of the season have the advantage versus loaded rosters. Ask the Yankees over the last six or so years.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Speaking of power rankings, here's Steve Kerr's...I didnt want to open a whole new thread for just this...

From paupers to princes By Steve Kerr, Yahoo! Sports

March 13, 2006

Before this season began, most prognosticators picked the Kings to win the Pacific Division.

With the Suns losing Amare Stoudemire to injury and the Lakers lacking front-line talent, it appeared the Kings had an opening to slide in and win the division. But a slow start and a few injuries quickly turned Sacramento's season south. Rick Adelman's squad has been in catch-up mode much of the year.

Ron Artest's arrival changed everything, though, and suddenly the Kings have the look of not only a playoff team but also a squad to be reckoned with. Sacramento caught fire last week, winning all four of its games to launch themselves into this week's top 10.
8. Sacramento Kings (32-31, Last ranking: 16) – Think Ron Artest is any good? The Kings have vaulted up the standings since his arrival, and they're dominating their home floor again. They've won 12 in a row at Arco Arena.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AgmNQKQF1frm3foaS2Z7eAW8vLYF?slug=sk-rankings031306&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Praise from Steve Kerr.

Respect = Good.

SacKings4Life21 said:
hahahaha that is so funny. Its true! Ron is going to make peja cry... then the pacers will see the baby they recived in the trade. the soft, whining weiner he is! booo peja!
I love Artest, but no need to hate on Peja... he delivered some terrific years here. Well, you're entitled to your opinion, but I'm happy for Peja in Indy.

Arco Arena said:

And everyone says Peja is playing so much better...maybe a bit, but he's still not shooting bullseyes or anything...his statline still consistantly comes up '5-16' or '6-17' Only shooting 45% from the field. This team plays hard basketball, we'll see how they do down the stretch without O'Neal.

kingkung said:
I love Artest, but no need to hate on Peja... he delivered some terrific years here. Well, you're entitled to your opinion, but I'm happy for Peja in Indy.
I have to agree, it's disrepectful to what Peja and the Kings had accomplished during those great years. He was a big part of that great team. I love Ron Artest and the dynamic he brings, Peja brought his own dynamic and our team was one of the best when he played for us. It's amazing how quickly people forget.

W

West_Gunslinger16

KingKong said:
I have to agree, it's disrepectful to what Peja and the Kings had accomplished during those great years. He was a big part of that great team. I love Ron Artest and the dynamic he brings, Peja brought his own dynamic and our team was one of the best when he played for us. It's amazing how quickly people forget.
Aye, agree. Let's not forget Peja and what he has done for the Kings. But........ we must destroy his play! Hahahaha!!!!!!!:D

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Here's the odd thing: I seem to recall looking this up once, but for whatever reason Ron actually has NOT been one of the Peja exterminators over the years. And part of that is just because he has so rarely matched up against him in recent times due to injury or suspension. But even when he used to, I seem to remember there not being nearly the pattern of futility you might expect there.

Entity

Hall of Famer
i looked it up and it looks like Peja has had his way with Ron in the past. the first time they meet when ron was in Chicago in 2001 Peja was held to 13 points. but they have faced each other 4 times since then and Peja has gotten over 20 each time with Ron getting over 20 twice.

kingkung said:
Me too. I really do think Ron will OWN him though. When Jermain gets back to the line up I think Indy will see Peja's points drop a little but his shooting percentage to skyrocket IMHO.

Bricklayer said:
Here's the odd thing: I seem to recall looking this up once, but for whatever reason Ron actually has NOT been one of the Peja exterminators over the years. And part of that is just because he has so rarely matched up against him in recent times due to injury or suspension. But even when he used to, I seem to remember there not being nearly the pattern of futility you might expect there.
Correct.

I think Friday's game will be a good test of how Ron can keep it together. He will not get a very nice welcome and the fans will try to push his buttons.

Let's just hope he feeds of of it in a positive way :)

I dunno, Ron isn't very good at guarding players coming off screens. We could probably get Peja open a few times, especially if we got Harrison setting the picks. :D

The Peja hate is kind of odd, what did he ever do bad to you guys.

SoupIsGood said:
We Kings fans always find someone to blame :) If things start going south again, expect Bibby or Brad to be next ones to blame. It kind of goes with the seniority.

SoupIsGood said:
I dunno, Ron isn't very good at guarding players coming off screens. We could probably get Peja open a few times, especially if we got Harrison setting the picks. :D

Agreed. But he'll still be hounded by him and have a tough time driving. Which he is finally back to doing regularly in Indy, as opposed to sometimes/little/none in 04-05/Nov.-Jan this season.

I never really got the hate either, other than a couple times.

Kings113 said:
Agreed. But he'll still be hounded by him and have a tough time driving. Which he is finally back to doing regularly in Indy, as opposed to sometimes/little/none in 04-05/Nov.-Jan this season.

I never really got the hate either, other than a couple times.

He has a tough time driving anyhow :D