NBA Playoffs, Round Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
He made a play on the ball and hit the ball. Paynes head wasnt struck by a fist, elbow or even forearm. It was the bicep, with probably a little flab on it:p. Plenty of basketball players not on the suns or nuggets didnt agree with the call. ESPN said Monty Williams was also taken aback about the ejection. He stated that the play was not malicious. There has been so many plays where someone winds up and goes for the ball and hits someone on the head and its a flagrant 1. He didnt punch, elbow or kick the guy. He didnt just shove the guy out of frustration. I would consider those non basketball plays. He swiped at the ball.
Nah, that’s not what happened. He swiped out of frustration. I really don’t know how you can argue against that with a straight face.

Again, the excessive wind up is the compelling factor. There’s no legitimate defense to be made for it. That part wasn’t a “play on the ball”.

He didn’t poke at the ball. Or even swipe at the ball in a conventional sense. He added a full wind up. That’s not basketball no matter how you try to spin it.

Lastly your point about a fist, elbow or forearm not striking Payne is very bad one. It’s the intent that counts. If a player goes full Shaq haymaker on Brad Miller but misses, does it matter? No. It’s the intent that matters.

Gobert can say whatever he wants after the fact. Video evidence clearly shows a frustrated player taking a full wind up to then swipe at the ball.

That’s what the NBA saw and why he received a flagrant 2. That’s what I saw and what a lot of others did too. The video doesn’t lie.

As I stated before, Gobert may not have intended to strike Cameron Payne, but he did. Due to a reckless swipe at the ball. The wind up was not necessary to execute that move.

If you’re arguing otherwise you just haven’t a leg to stand on.

Last edited:
Nah, that’s not what happened. He swiped out of frustration. I really don’t know how you can argue against that with a straight face.

Again, the excessive wind up is the compelling factor. There’s no legitimate defense to be made for it. That part wasn’t a “play on the ball”.

He didn’t poke at the ball. Or even swipe at the ball in a conventional sense. He added a full wind up. That’s not basketball no matter how you try to spin it.

Lastly your point about a fist, elbow or forearm not striking Payne is very bad one. It’s the intent that counts. If a player goes full Shaq haymaker on Brad Miller but misses, does it matter? No. It’s the intent that matters.

Gobert can say whatever he wants after the fact. Video evidence clearly shows a frustrated player taking a full wind up to then swipe at the ball.

That’s what the NBA saw and why he received a flagrant 2. That’s what I saw and what a lot of others did too. The video doesn’t lie.

As I stated before, Gobert may not have intended to strike Cameron Payne, but he did. Due to a reckless swipe at the ball. The wind up was not necessary to execute that move.

If you’re arguing otherwise you just haven’t a leg to stand on.
You act like I’m the only one that disagrees with the call. Plenty of people didn’t agree with it or thought it was a strange call, even the suns coach. This isn’t me against everyone, there is plenty of people that see it my way. You see it one way, I see it differently. I read a lot of people agreeing with me, you prob read a bunch that might agree with you. Just one of those agree to disagree things.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
with Irving and Harden out for Game 5, someone correct me if I'm wrong here but this may be the first time in quite some time that Durant is playing without another all-star by his side since he was a Sonic

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
with Irving and Harden out for Game 5, someone correct me if I'm wrong here but this may be the first time in quite some time that Durant is playing without another all-star by his side since he was a Sonic
Wally Szczerbiak was technically an all-star and on that Seattle roster for most of the season unless we’re talking about current all-stars , in which case, we’d be able to go back to Russ’s second year in the league.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Wally Szczerbiak was technically an all-star and on that Seattle roster for most of the season unless we’re talking about current all-stars , in which case, we’d be able to go back to Russ’s second year in the league.
it's all moot anyway now. I didn't realize Harden was playing before I typed those comments

Something like 3 or 4 open shots in a row lol
After shooting 43.8% from three for the season, Nate trusts him. That's why he played him 42 minutes. Notable is that both his overall shooting percentage and 3pt shooting percentage this game was better than the team overall even though he shot poorly to end the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.