NBA Playoffs, Round Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
I give the suns credit. They have a play that works, (screen for cp3 to get him that midrange jumper that’s automatic) they keep going to it. There will be times we have holmes making that push shot and we decide to go away from it after 1 or 2 makes. SMH.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I feel awful for Coach Malone: his team straight quit on him.

I'm hoping for the Clippers to pull off the comeback, so I can see Cousins versus Paul, in the conference finals.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Suns are going to be well rested for the Western Finals. Is this the year that CP3 finally gets to the Finals? I'd like to see it. Meanwhile, the last 5 MVP recipients haven't fared so well in the Playoffs, have they?

That’s wasn’t a flagrant 2
Wind up and follow through + hit on the face = excessive contact .. sounds like a flagrant 2 to me.

Well the Suns just basically matched or have come close to matching our heralded Kings peak of success. CP3 balling out of his mind and Booker very much doing his job. Give the Suns players and coaches a lot of credit - they do a lot of the small stuff (offball screens etc.) that don't show up in the box score but make a big difference.

Wind up and follow through + hit on the face = excessive contact .. sounds like a flagrant 2 to me.

Well the Suns just basically matched or have come close to matching our heralded Kings peak of success. CP3 balling out of his mind and Booker very much doing his job. Give the Suns players and coaches a lot of credit - they do a lot of the small stuff (offball screens etc.) that don't show up in the box score but make a big difference.
The hand hit all ball and his bicep happened to hit his nose in the process. I’ve seen flagrant 1s worse than that and ejections should be given out when there’s obvious bad intentions behind it. This is like sending someone to prison cuz their 3rd strike was stealing a loaf of bread. Yes by the letter of the law, they are at fault, but use common sense. No one really expected a flagrant 2 there… well except the ref.

This has been a weird post season but as of now I’m bandwagonning Phoenix and would love to see Chris Paul win a ring this year after all he’s done throughout his career

Suns in 4!

The hand hit all ball and his bicep happened to hit his nose in the process. I’ve seen flagrant 1s worse than that and ejections should be given out when there’s obvious bad intentions behind it. This is like sending someone to prison cuz their 3rd strike was stealing a loaf of bread. Yes by the letter of the law, they are at fault, but use common sense. No one really expected a flagrant 2 there… well except the ref.
C’mon now. Everyone knows you can’t wind up like that. His “intentions” don’t matter. That wasn’t a basketball move. That was a frustration move. And he got what he deserved.

Imagine the same exact play but DeMarcus Cousins or Draymond Green or Matt Barnes hitting Jokic like that. The basketball world would lose it’s collective mind!

W/O the wind up, I’d agree it shouldn’t be a flagrant 2. But Jokic was clearly frustrated and made a reckless attempt to slap the ball. The outcome may not have been what he intended, but he still needs to suffer the consequences from making such a blatant and reckless play.

He could have seriously injured Cameron Payne.

C’mon now. Everyone knows you can’t wind up like that. His “intentions” don’t matter. That wasn’t a basketball move. That was a frustration move. And he got what he deserved.

Imagine the same exact play but DeMarcus Cousins or Draymond Green or Matt Barnes hitting Jokic like that. The basketball world would lose it’s collective mind!

W/O the wind up, I’d agree it shouldn’t be a flagrant 2. But Jokic was clearly frustrated and made a reckless attempt to slap the ball. The outcome may not have been what he intended, but he still needs to suffer the consequences from making such a blatant and reckless play.

He could have seriously injured Cameron Payne.
He made a play on the ball and hit the ball. Paynes head wasnt struck by a fist, elbow or even forearm. It was the bicep, with probably a little flab on it:p. Plenty of basketball players not on the suns or nuggets didnt agree with the call. ESPN said Monty Williams was also taken aback about the ejection. He stated that the play was not malicious. There has been so many plays where someone winds up and goes for the ball and hits someone on the head and its a flagrant 1. He didnt punch, elbow or kick the guy. He didnt just shove the guy out of frustration. I would consider those non basketball plays. He swiped at the ball.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.