NBA Lottery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
D. Wright is on a 1 year contract, T. Davis is a free agent, Buddy is the best (only?) trade asset we have and probably doesn't fit our timeline or our need to be better than awful on defense. I know we all want the Kings to add a bigger wing in the draft this year if they can but the reality of our situation is that we have 2 guards and a couple of young bigs. Everything else is wide open. There's room in our rotation for a top line talent at any position right now and picking at #9 there's not a lot of wiggle room for us to start factoring need into our evaluation.

I think Mitchell is likely to rise up the draft board since he has skills which should translate right away but the same qualities which make him desirable to successful teams like Golden State who are looking to reinforce rather than rebuild should also make him a prospect we don't dismiss out of hand because he doesn't easily slot in next to Fox and Haliburton. GS has Curry and Thompson already but I think Mitchell is still a strong possibility for them. And there's a lesson in that. Fox needs to step up and apply defensive pressure more often but I also think having a strong point of attack defender off the bench to keep that momentum going for the full 48 is more significant than most people here are acknowledging. And if his attitude can rub off on our team leaders and get them to up their defensive intensity too, even better.
I wouldn't mind drafting Mitchell but I wouldn't mind him rising in the draft (same with Keon Johnson and Sengun) if only because it increases the chances of a Barnes or Kuminga falling to us.

Last edited:
So if Mobley drops to 3
Cleveland Might consider a trade, since they will be going all in on Jarret Allen

What if Kings offered :

Buddy-SG, Bagley-PF #9 for Love-PF, Dean wade-PF and #3

Cleveland would like to dump Love's contract
Get a starting SG, young PF and a good SF at #9

Kings get LT solution to C, Buddy and Bagley dont want to be here

Kings:
Fox,Wright
Hali, TD
Barnes, Woodard,2nd rd pick
Love,Wade,Metu
Mobley, Jones

Cavs:
Sexton,Garland
Buddy,Windler,Dotson
Osman,Okoro, #9 pick
Bagley,Nance
Allen,Hartenstien
That’s not enough value coming back to justify dropping from 3 to 9 from the cavs perspective if you ask me

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Not sure where to put this and it's paywalled so I can't read but the Athletic has an article on my phone suggestions about using the 9 in a Simmons deal. It wasn't received well from what I can tell, but maybe someone with a sub can share what else they think might get it done.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Not sure where to put this and it's paywalled so I can't read but the Athletic has an article on my phone suggestions about using the 9 in a Simmons deal. It wasn't received well from what I can tell, but maybe someone with a sub can share what else they think might get it done.
The Kings want De’Aaron Fox and Tyrese Haliburton handling that job. So while he’s had to run Philly’s offense, Simmons could simply fit in as a cog with Sacramento.
If the Kings can make a deal without giving up either one of those players (and Harrison Barnes, ideally), it would make sense to do so. Parting with Buddy Hield and/or Marvin Bagley III along with the ninth pick, should be no-brainers.
And if it means recruiting more teams to give Philadelphia what it wants in a deal, Monte McNair should do his due diligence to make that happen.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It just depends on what a team needs, in the kings case our strong suit is not player development so should we prioritize the potential of a 20-21 year old over someone who is proven and experienced?
Rico Hines is one of the most respected player development guys in the league. It hasn't necessarily reaped massive dividends over his first couple of years in the league but Fox and Hali have shown steady growth and Metu's grown a lot from when he was a Spur. Woodard looked like a completely different player from what he was in college during the G-League bubble.

You are right not to pay for Jones content. Today, he proposes Buddy, Bags, and the number 9 for Simmons. Walton's potential zen influence could be good for Ben, he says:
Walton, however, is known in his time with the Kings for his ability to get players to relax and might be a good change of pace for Simmons.

Enjoyed the article. This last part below is kind of the gist of it. His ideal proposal was Buddy/Bagley/9 for Simmons. Oh and I highly advise paying for the athletic, great content. They are always doing deals as well

But if it does, Sacramento needs to look into adding the young star. If not, it’ll have to make the most of the ninth pick one way or another.

It might not be Simmons. The Kings might get lucky again, like they did last year when Haliburton fell to them at No. 12.

But if Sacramento is serious about winning, they have to do something different. They have to shake up the roster somehow

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Enjoyed the article. This last part below is kind of the gist of it. His ideal proposal was Buddy/Bagley/9 for Simmons. Oh and I highly advise paying for the athletic, great content. They are always doing deals as well

But if it does, Sacramento needs to look into adding the young star. If not, it’ll have to make the most of the ninth pick one way or another.

It might not be Simmons. The Kings might get lucky again, like they did last year when Haliburton fell to them at No. 12.

But if Sacramento is serious about winning, they have to do something different. They have to shake up the roster somehow
I would make that deal in a nanosecond. And that makes me think Philly has to say no, right? Unless they think moving Simmons is addition by subtraction or they're so pissed about Game 7 that they want him gone regardless. But this is Daryl Morey in charge now and he's not known for making rash decisions or accepting less than fair value.

I see Bleacher Report is entertaining a Bagley + 9th and conditions for Jonothan Isaac.
I don’t take any of this seriously but any thoughts on him after his ACL tear?

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Please let Buddy and Bagley be involved...

Wiggins/7 for Buddy/Bagley/9 perhaps? I've heard Wiggins deals being thrown around.
I have to think if Ham's rumor is true (and I have zero faith there) it wouldn't be a package to move up but to deal for an established player as a "win now" move.

Win now being in quotes because the Kings seem to perpetually be in "lose now" mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.