NBA Head Coaches In or Out

dude12

Hall of Famer
Figured I'd start a thread on NBA head coaches and the moves that will be made or rumored names for jobs

Knicks - Hornacek out............ Fizdale in
Magic - Vogel out.................. ? In
Hornets - Clifford out.............. ? In
Suns - have hired Igor Kokoskov.......assistant for Utah
Grizzlies - removed interim label for permanent hire Bernie Bickerstaff

Rumored names....Knicks want to talk with Jay Wright, Calipari agent reached out to a few teams with no traction
Hot names I keep seeing are Jerry Stackhouse and then Ime Udoka again

Last edited:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I can see the Hornets letting Steve Clifford go and possibly Jay Triano for Phoenix.

Dark horse candidate - Frank Vogel, especially considering who their GM is >_<

I can see the Hornets letting Steve Clifford go and possibly Jay Triano for Phoenix.

Dark horse candidate - Frank Vogel, especially considering who their GM is >_<
Hornets have been so disappointing. I was expecting them to make significant strides 3-4 years ago but they never did.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Hornets have been so disappointing. I was expecting them to make significant strides 3-4 years ago but they never did.
They need to rid themselves of Kidd-Gilchrist, he isn't fit to play in the current NBA imo. Dwight has had a heck of a year and Kemba has had his games too, Kaminsky is coming along as a stretch 5 and Batum is underwhelming considering his contract

dude12

Hall of Famer
Curious to see if David Fizdale is considered for anything......LeBron was vocal when Memphis dumped him. Seems like Udoka is ready but will he or is he in line for the SA job whenever Pop is done.

Man, seems like the Kings dodged that bullet there (really by luck more than choice).
Yeah it could be, but Orlando is in a weird phase. They put in a new FO. Their roster is composed of players in their prime. Fournier, Vucevic, Fournier, Biyombo, and Ross. They have Gordon who's slowly entering his early prime.

So what do they do with their #6 overall pick? Draft the rawest project player in Jonathan Isaac.

They have a conflict in direction imo.

Man, seems like the Kings dodged that bullet there (really by luck more than choice).
Did we want Vogel instead of Joerger? I don't recall that, it sure seemed when Joerger became available there was tons of mutual interest all around. Also not sure who is to blame in Orlando. They just have the feel of a directionless franchise which is more on a FO than a coach.

I know a lot of folks aren't entirely optimistic about the Kings but it really does seem like they have an idea of where they want to go. We're committed to the coach and have a squad we think we can build around that has shown improvement throughout the year if you aren't looking for a reason to turn every win into a loss because it wasn't a loss.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
the tank will remain strong in Memphis it seems...trying to rebuild that roster. Now if they only commit to a true rebuild, they would be better off IMO

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Woah, I didn't expect Van Gundy to lose the coaching gig too. This is an exciting development in my lonely quest to get Stanley Johnson on this team. Whoever takes over in Detroit now is most likely cleaning house and won't have any pride tied up in former lottery picks. We saw this when Vlade took over here and turned over the entire roster over a couple seasons.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Stan should not be head coaching in this league, he can be a fine assistant but that's if he is willing to accept. Color me surprised on this move though, same with Coach Bud for ATL. The off season ought to be interesting in terms of trades (I hope).