[NBA] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (MAR/APR)

Raptors just won in Minnesota, which is not at all surprising. What's funny is that half of their assists came from two PFs Amir Johnson and PPat with 6 dimes each.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
http://www.hoophall.com/news/2015/4...sketball-hall-of-fame-class-of-2015-anno.html

Okay, I need some of you older posters to answer a question for me. With the induction of Jo Jo White, Cedric Maxwell now stands as the only eligible Finals MVP not enshrined. So, here's the question: should Cornbread get in? By the numbers, I would say no. But, I never saw him play, and you can never really tell, where some of the older guys are concerned; you could dedicate a whole wing to guys in the Hall of Fame, where someone who never saw them play would look at their numbers, and say, "Huh?"

And, if he doesn't ever get in, what impact does that have on a guy like, say, Chauncey Billups?

The 76ers have currently the 3rd pick and they also have the Lakers 1st round pick which is top 5 protected.

Here are the current NBA standings

1. NYK 15-62 .195
  2. MIN 16-60 .211
  3. PHI 18-20 .231
  4. LAL 20-56 .263
  5. ORL 24-53 .312
  6. SAC 25-50 .342

The Lakers have 6 games left and if they win the remaining 6, they'll be at 26-56. The Lakers winning their remaining 6 games is very unrealistic.

However, the lottery IS realistic. The Lakers DO have a chance to fall out of that top 5. Assuming the order remains, while every team bumps up, the Lakers would LOSE their pick and the Kings would bump up.

New order could be

1. NYK
2. MIN
3. PHI
4. ORL
5. SAC

Of the top 5 teams, only 1 or 2 really need a PG.

Assuming the above is the draft order, the top 3 remain in some type of order, Towns, Okafor, and Russell/Mudiay.

When Orlando gets on the clock, they will under 0 circumstances consider a PG. They already have Victor Oladipo who's a combo guard and they recently drafted a very nice PG in Payton. They'll draft a PF or a SF.

This leaves the Kings with a cornerstone star player!
Russell or Mudiay would be available to us at 5.

Either player gives us a potential super star and they immediately improve our backcourt. If we get Mudiay, he's going to be able to hold penetration and we will see less and less teams driving and getting open 3's.

This would be the absolute best situation for the Kings.

So..in one way or another, we should cheer for the Lakers.

Let's cheer for them to lose their pick!

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Pelicans win their first game over the Warriors since 2012, and take over the eighth seed. Golden State, inexplicably, played all their guys, in a game they didn't need to win.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
from Rotoworld Basketball:

Markieff Morris and Marcus Morris have been accused of felony aggravated assault, though the Phoenix police have yet to file any charges or make any arrests.
They were allegedly part of a five-person group that assaulted a 25-year-old man who sent "inappropriate" texts to the twins' mother. The victim suffered a broken nose and various abrasions, and witnesses described the alleged attackers as fleeing in a Rolls-Royce Phantom. The Suns have yet to comment, the police are still investigating the matter, and the NBA is unlikely to address the situation until the legal system weighs in. We'll pass along updates once more is known. Apr 8 - 12:55 AM
Source: Arizona Republic

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
from Rotoworld Basketball:

Markieff Morris and Marcus Morris have been accused of felony aggravated assault, though the Phoenix police have yet to file any charges or make any arrests.
They were allegedly part of a five-person group that assaulted a 25-year-old man who sent "inappropriate" texts to the twins' mother. The victim suffered a broken nose and various abrasions, and witnesses described the alleged attackers as fleeing in a Rolls-Royce Phantom. The Suns have yet to comment, the police are still investigating the matter, and the NBA is unlikely to address the situation until the legal system weighs in. We'll pass along updates once more is known. Apr 8 - 12:55 AM
Source: Arizona Republic
Classy! Then again, it's not much worse than what Blake Griffin did to a dude at a Las Vegas nightclub and no one even mentions that.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Also, since we don't show enough love to the east, congratulations to the Atlanta Hawks, for their franchise record 58th win over the Suns last night.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Clickbait. You're kind of making it sound like the Hawks players' involvement was worse than it actually was.
Really? The article says they were arrested and taken into custody for preventing the police from setting up a crime scene. There aren't any more details but I would imagine that in order to get actually arrested and taken into custody for obstruction in a situation like that you'd have to be pretty actively impeding the police.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Yes, really. First of All™, I was objecting to the OP's choice of words "celebrating in style."

Secondly, I called it "clickbait" because, from my point of view, Tet-chan was juxtaposing his comment with the brief quote and the link, to make it look like Sefolosha and Antic were wilding out in the streets.

Also, I'm not familiar with New York City police code, so I don't really have any sense of what "obstruction" is. For all I know, it could have been anything from refusing to disperse to recording the cops on their cellular phones to being loud and disruptive. Hell, they are NBA players: maybe the "reason" they were "preventing" the officers from setting up the crime scene is because they're semi-famous, and people kept congregating to see them, and what was going on, but they didn't want to leave because they were checking on their friend?

Last edited:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I took that as being a facetious comment. He did clearly quote the charges against them, and those don't really support the "wilding in the streets" view.

If the pacers make the playoffs will it be the 1st time teams have faced off in back to back playoffs in a 1 vs 8 matchup but the standings were completely flipped around?