[NBA] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (JAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
SI.com: Giannis Antetokuonmpo: The Most Intriguing Point Guard in NBA History

My favorite passage from the article:

The first time Kidd benched him, Antetokounmpo was irate. “I was like, ‘Let’s see what this guy did in his career, anyway,’ ” Antetokounmpo recounts, and called up Kidd’s bio on his phone. “I saw Rookie of the Year, NBA championship, USA Olympic gold medal, second in assists, fifth in made threes, blah, blah, blah. I was like, ‘Jesus freaking Christ, how can I compete with that? I better zip it.’ ”

K

KingMilz

Malcolm Brogdan is my new favorite player he has quiet a bit of Andre Miller in his game in terms of poise/body shape while he's not the playmaker he's very crafty and a above average defender already with a sweet stroke dude looks like a starting PG for the Bucks for years to come.

Thought this was interesting.

The Spurs franchise started in the 1967-68 ABA season.

They've missed the playoffs five times in 50 years. Pretty good. https://t.co/NTL0l4pj5B
I like this kind of trivia. Spurs have the highest win percentage all time among NBA franchises (.623, .601 if you include ABA). I'd have to double check, but I'd assume that's the highest win % among any of the four major sports. I believe they are the only franchise with above .500 record on the road and also winning record vs. every other franchise.

It's ridiculous, they've been consistently good for so long...they're like the anti-Kings. They have only two seasons with less than 28 wins, and after those two seasons they got David Robinson and Tim Duncan :mad:. Meanwhile, we have more L's then any other franchise in NBA history. Check it out: http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/

I know Harden is a devisive figure amongst NBA fans, but you got to recognize how great he's been with D'Antoni. Never thought they would be 30-9 so far. Pretty clearly he's the MVP of the first half.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I like this kind of trivia. Spurs have the highest win percentage all time among NBA franchises (.623, .601 if you include ABA). I'd have to double check, but I'd assume that's the highest win % among any of the four major sports. I believe they are the only franchise with above .500 record on the road and also winning record vs. every other franchise.

It's ridiculous, they've been consistently good for so long...they're like the anti-Kings. They have only two seasons with less than 28 wins, and after those two seasons they got David Robinson and Tim Duncan :mad:. Meanwhile, we have more L's then any other franchise in NBA history. Check it out: http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/
Well look on the bright side, the Kings are elite at losing a lot of games!

Meanwhile, the Spurs are the perfect example of how to be one of the most luckiest franchises in sports in terms of winning two number one draft picks, who so happen to be hall of famers and at the same time, having those two players playing for a long time giving you a better chance at multiple championships rather than one.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Malcolm Brogdan is my new favorite player he has quiet a bit of Andre Miller in his game in terms of poise/body shape while he's not the playmaker he's very crafty and a above average defender already with a sweet stroke dude looks like a starting PG for the Bucks for years to come.
Why does it always seem like Milwaukee finds these gems? They also drafted Tobias Harris a few years back and he has turned into a productive player. The Bucks are fantastic at drafting for the most part, Kings should nab one of their scouts and bring them on board here.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I know Harden is a devisive figure amongst NBA fans, but you got to recognize how great he's been with D'Antoni. Never thought they would be 30-9 so far. Pretty clearly he's the MVP of the first half.
Despite his video game like numbers and triple doubles, triple doubles don't come like they used to anymore. Bigs do not rebound anymore, they would rather run down the floor for an easy basket, leaving the guards to lead the break from the get go.

That said, D'Antoni has had teams that were great in the regular season and even made a Western Conference finals appearance or two, but we will see what they truly are made out of come April & May.

K

KingMilz

Why does it always seem like Milwaukee finds these gems? They also drafted Tobias Harris a few years back and he has turned into a productive player. The Bucks are fantastic at drafting for the most part, Kings should nab one of their scouts and bring them on board here.
They also managed to sneak in a Khris Middelton/Knight trade for Jennings and if Thon Maker works out than watch out

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Also, KAT had a grown man game as the Wolves beat the Rockets.

23 pts, 18 rbs, 5 asts, 1 stl, 3 blks. He did miss all three threes he took though.

(On the season, "old fashioned big" Demarcus Cousins is .384 from three whereas "Next generational big able to shoot three pointers" Karl-Anthony Towns is .317)

Status
Not open for further replies.