[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (NOV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Alec Burks going insane on the Nuggets as the Pistons look to shock Denver for their first road win of the season. A loss here pushes Denver behind us in the standings lol

Bey is streaky, not always engaged and horrible on D. I tried to told y'all.
He's also spent his entire NBA career under Casey, right?

Not saying he's great but we've all seen what a huge difference a coach who holds players accountable can make. Casey took a .500 playoff team to 3 seasons of ~20 game wins. Maybe the tank was deliberate even though they were in the playoffs, but more likely he's just a bad coach.

Not saying he's great but we've all seen what a huge difference a coach who holds players accountable can make. Casey took a .500 playoff team to 3 seasons of ~20 game wins. Maybe the tank was deliberate even though they were in the playoffs, but more likely he's just a bad coach.
True. Not always easy to rehabilitate a player that learned bad habits from the start though.

Will be interesting to see how his career unfolds.

True. Not always easy to rehabilitate a player that learned bad habits from the start though.

Will be interesting to see how his career unfolds.
Seemed like he was an early target of Monte, maybe the second name we heard after DDV. Of course that was 18 months ago and more damage has been done. It's wild Detroit is on the shiny-new toy treadmill and already dead weighting guys after a season or two.

You 100% "buy-low" on Bey if you can. Dude has still found a way to be reasonably productive in one of the worst team situations in the NBA. 6'7 wings with history of good spacing don't grow on trees. Just bet on the archetype

Through the season’s first four games, Kris Murray has scored 95 or more points, grabbed 30-plus rebounds, had five or fewer turnovers, shot 60% from the field and 100% from the free throw line. Per OptaSTATS, no other Division I player in the past 25 years has accomplished that feat over the course of any four-game span.

I probably do. I’m so luke-warm on Davion, and wings are so much more important that undersized backup PGs.
Tough thing to balance. On one hand, Davion is far and away the best defender on a team that has none. Especially his defense in crunch time has absolutely been a huge factor to a lot of our wins.

But on the other, he's clearly the 4th best guard on the team and I just don't see any path for him to start next to Fox down the line with Huerter here now. I just don't see where his minutes role is any bigger than like 21-22 MPG. And Monk has far exceeded expectations as a playmaker and has proven he can run the 2nd unit just fine. And if we're just going down the line of "potential" trade assets, Davion (Or Barnes before his recent surge) makes the most sense as a superfluous asset in a position we're stacked at to improve the rest of the team.

You 100% "buy-low" on Bey if you can. Dude has still found a way to be reasonably productive in one of the worst team situations in the NBA. 6'7 wings with history of good spacing don't grow on trees. Just bet on the archetype
It's hard to imagine he wouldn't be 3/4 on the depth chart with Lyles as first guy in for Barnes or Keegan?

Curious what it takes, assume they would not want 3 years of Holmes. Feel like we might be selling low on Davion if we shipped him in exchange.

Temp check. If they want Davion for Bey straight up.... you taking it?
That's tough. Bey should have the better career but Davion brings something to this team that no other player on the roster can. Could potentially be a positive thing for the future but it could possibly hurt the team this year. I don't think we are on this 7 game streak if Bey was playing instead of Davion. Also the possibility that we don't start 0-4 if we have Bey as well.

That's tough. Bey should have the better career but Davion brings something to this team that no other player on the roster can. Could potentially be a positive thing for the future but it could possibly hurt the team this year. I don't think we are on this 7 game streak if Bey was playing instead of Davion. Also the possibility that we don't start 0-4 if we have Bey as well.
I think my issue is Monk and Huerter have so quickly asserted themselves as core rotation players for the Kings moving forward while Davion has taken a step back on offense from last year. Defense is still elite, but can you justify him at 15-22 MPG over a potential starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.