[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (MAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
some players can't handle all the publicity and fame that comes with being a big name in the NBA. Will be interesting to see what more comes of these situations.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Fun Fact; The Mavs subreddit is turning against Luka for being so out of shape to the point he’s clearly laboring in second half’s of games.

Can’t say I don’t blame them. Dude was rocking a double chin last I saw him. Imagine if he had even a fraction of the desire of a MJ or LeBron.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Fun Fact; The Mavs subreddit is turning against Luka for being so out of shape to the point he’s clearly laboring in second half’s of games.

Can’t say I don’t blame them. Dude was rocking a double chin last I saw him. Imagine if he had even a fraction of the desire of a MJ or LeBron.
post game booze and a balkan style diet ought to do that

Ah yes, 3-time all-star and one of the best passing bigs of all-time can't succeed in the playoffs because he can't dribble with his right hand.

ugh
Sabonis is putting up near triple doubles playing with one hand right now. So, what's new?

Also, are we forgetting that there is this guy called Fox? The Mavs have no answer for him. Dallas is not stopping the Kings. Their only hope is to somehow outscore the Kings. Good luck with that.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member

It's 2023. 5 years since you know what happened you know when.

We actually had a better record than the Mavs in 2018-2019 and it's looking increasingly like we will finish ahead of them this year. They are 1-5 with Luka and Kyrie sharing the court. 1 game over .500 and in 7th now. I don't see any reason for Luka to be loyal to the Dallas franchise and at this point I wonder if he does an AD rather than waits until he's unrestricted.

The three seasons between 2019 and 2022 felt like an eternity. We still lost out on watching a generational talent on our court for 5+ seasons. But damn, what a soul crushing end this would be if it happened here. Probably why Vlade is happy to come to games again.

eta: found the reddit thread. ouch. It feels like Boogie era Kings over there, with maybe a touch of Boogie vs. IT or even Peja vs. Webber. Lots of Kyrie fans in there already. And of course Cuban is now an idiot and Kidd sucks (that part may be true).

Last edited:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
It’s really a big issue when you’re somehow in worse shape than Nikola Jokic.
I think the only thing saving Jokic from the same fate is that he plays 41 regular season games at high altitude which eventually gets your organs acclimated to play at any sea level at a high level. I've read pro Boxers going to train in Denver just to get their Vo2 levels at an elite status.

Ah yes, 3-time all-star and one of the best passing bigs of all-time can't succeed in the playoffs because he can't dribble with his right hand.

ugh
Domas can and will go to the right if his defender overplays to the left .He has done it very successfully using a spin move.Are they saying that teams don't know about the tendencies of a 3 time All Star and in the playoffs they suddenly will figure it out and magically shut him down.He is averaging 20/12.5/5 on very high efficiency vs Mavs this year(right in line with his season averages) but only because they haven't had a chance to prepare against him.Makes sense...

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer

Luka is heading towards becoming the William Refrigerator Perry of the NBA.

Last edited:
I think the only thing saving Jokic from the same fate is that he plays 41 regular season games at high altitude which eventually gets your organs acclimated to play at any sea level at a high level. I've read pro Boxers going to train in Denver just to get their Vo2 levels at an elite status.
Jokic has never had foot issues and Luka has that's the difference, Luka always has some niggling foot injury and he has to carry the biggest load in the NBA due to his insane ball domination it's not shock he's worn down and out of shape at the All-Star break it's too much for a player of his build/natural heavy type frame. As amazing as Luka is he has to change his style of play Jokers style requires way less energy and is way more efficient.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Jokic has never had foot issues and Luka has that's the difference, Luka always has some niggling foot injury and he has to carry the biggest load in the NBA due to his insane ball domination it's not shock he's worn down and out of shape at the All-Star break it's too much for a player of his build/natural heavy type frame. As amazing as Luka is he has to change his style of play Jokers style requires way less energy and is way more efficient.
and for a guy as big and heavy as Jokic, it's a blessing for him that he never has had any foot issues.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I personally really liked Slice, and was annoyed when they discontinued it. I'm glad that Starry is basically rebranded Slice. If they're not going to bring back Mountain Dew Distortion, this is the next best thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.