[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (JUN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I guess hoarding assets until they end up being worthless wasn’t a good strategy for running a basketball team.
I think in the end, Ainge succeeded in accumulating these assets to where they became a perennial playoff team but in the end, didn’t take advantage in making the big move getting a superstar I guess.

We shall see if OKC can follow this blueprint but then make that final move to put them over the top.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I think in the end, Ainge succeeded in accumulating these assets to where they became a perennial playoff team but in the end, didn’t take advantage in making the big move getting a superstar I guess.

We shall see if OKC can follow this blueprint but then make that final move to put them over the top.
My favorite move of his is trading down from first overall to third overall (with which he drafted Tatum) for the Kings pick from the Vlade-Philly trade, which he promptly used to pick Romeo Langford, who has spent most of his first two seasons in Boston either injured or not looking too good. While I guess getting an extra pick to trade down to select the guy you always wanted to pick is smart, that pick probably would have been put to better use as an abstract draft asset in a bigger move for a star than as the 4th wing on your depth chart. Also he traded the pick that became Matiss Thybulle who the Celtics really could have used against the Nets.

In other words, if you're gonna still try to collect draft picks as a team supposedly contending for a championship, you sure as hell better know how to draft. While I do think Presti gets too much credit for Durant and Harden falling into his lap, he has certainly proven to be better at picking useful players in the draft than Ainge, who turned 11 first round picks in the last five years into Tatum and Brown and a bunch of dudes who are barely in the rotation.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Do we believe this was performance related? I would have thought it had more to do with his recent stupid comment.
Probably a combination of both if we’re being honest. His recent personnel decisions did him no favors and then he probably lost the locker room completely when his “Racism? In Boston?” Comments were immediately refuted by his team captain coming out and saying that he had gotten racist comments from the fan base in the past.
Probably has more to do with hoarder Danny being a hoarder though.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Celtics got Becky Hammon on the radar. Quick, dump Walton and hire her.
If it makes you feel any better, Sacramento has a much better chance of landing Coach Hammon than Boston does. The first woman head coach in NBA history is not going to end up coaching a team as high profile as the Boston Celtics. She'll either be promoted from within, in San Antonio, or she'll be hired to coach a perennial loser with, proverbially speaking, nothing to lose. Like the Kings.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
If it makes you feel any better, Sacramento has a much better chance of landing Coach Hammon than Boston does. The first woman head coach in NBA history is not going to end up coaching a team as high profile as the Boston Celtics. She'll either be promoted from within, in San Antonio, or she'll be hired to coach a perennial loser with, proverbially speaking, nothing to lose. Like the Kings.
Becky’s Pop’s choice to succeed him and I’ll probably go to the grave Believing that because Pop’s never going to retire.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
It always amazes me that teams aren’t instantly crawling on their hands and knees for the services of ultra coach David Yogurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.