[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (JAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Lost in the justifiable commotion of Morris's sexist comments post-game was the fact that Jae Crowder pulled an all-time **** move and stole an inbounds pass as time was winding down and took a three for pretty much no good reason but to be a jerk and ignited a brawl
Crowder's action didn't start the brawl. Payton's response to his ridiculous action started the brawl.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
It's a wash because that entire sequence was just stupid people doing stupid thing compounded by the Knicks being the Knicks.
Jae Crowder displayed poor sportsmanship, but I'm somebody who doesn't have a whole lot of use for sportsmanship out of professionals. The only "soft" person in this whole exchange is Payton, who played thirty-five minutes, but waited until the final seconds to decide to show any pride.

I take that back: Morris definitely displayed some softness in the head area.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
what was it I believe the tweet was taken down
Darn.

The text was something like:

Guy on Twitter: Oh please. I can make the shots the millionaire athletes make.

Same guy on the court:

(A gif of some guy obviously trying to make one of those half-court win-something shots and falling flat on his face before he got to shot the ball.)

It was kinda mean, but it was still funny. (I'm shallow that way.)

Darn.

The text was something like:

Guy on Twitter: Oh please. I can make the shots the millionaire athletes make.

Same guy on the court:

(A gif of some guy obviously trying to make one of those half-court win-something shots and falling flat on his face before he got to shot the ball.)

It was kinda mean, but it was still funny. (I'm shallow that way.)
I was not ready for that ending with him getting literally dragged off the floor.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Suns just got jobbed, trying to pull off the "De'Aaron Fox play."

Not particularly sympathetic, though: Phoenix led 99-92, with 4:22 to go, and then gave up a 13-0 run.

Denver did it again. They won against Bucks on the road on the second night on B2B. The starting lineup of 4 2nd round picks + 1 undrafted FA, and all four bench players scored in double digits. They are hit hard with injuries of 3 starters and 6th man. Jokic was one assist shy of triple-double. They finished the game without MPJ, who hurt the ankle. Impressive!

Status
Not open for further replies.