[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (JAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Also, lost in the sauce of the Celtics beating the gd lakers last night, Kemba Walker got his first career win over LeBron James. He was 0-for his previous 28 career matchups against LeBron James, regardless of their respective teams.

Kemba was in the locker room afterwards, like, "And let that be a lesson to you all: nobody beats Vitas Gerulitas Kemba Walker twenty-nine times in a row!"

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
they could use a big to replace him for the season, Kings happen to have one that wants out soo....
Dallas doesn't have a ton in terms of picks that they can send because of the Porzingis trade, so if we're truly looking for a first-rounder in exchange for Dedmon, they're not a good trading partner. Right now their best (reasonable on their side) package for Dedmon is kind of looking like Courtney Lee (expiring) + Isaiah Roby + this year's GSW second rounder. I don't know if that's enough to move the needle if we're really holding out for a first (although to be fair, the GSW second is *almost* a first.)

Dallas doesn't have a ton in terms of picks that they can send because of the Porzingis trade, so if we're truly looking for a first-rounder in exchange for Dedmon, they're not a good trading partner. Right now their best (reasonable on their side) package for Dedmon is kind of looking like Courtney Lee (expiring) + Isaiah Roby + this year's GSW second rounder. I don't know if that's enough to move the needle if we're really holding out for a first (although to be fair, the GSW second is *almost* a first.)
Don’t some say that an early second is better than a late first, because you have more flexibility with the contract? I’d take that package for Dedmon, although I’d worry about big man depth until Holmes returns. (Edit: forgot we got Tolliver back—were probably fine enough with Bagley, Bjelica, Giles, and Tolliver until Holmes is healthy)

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Don’t some say that an early second is better than a late first, because you have more flexibility with the contract? I’d take that package for Dedmon, although I’d worry about big man depth until Holmes returns. (Edit: forgot we got Tolliver back—were probably fine enough with Bagley, Bjelica, Giles, and Tolliver until Holmes is healthy)
That argument does get thrown about, sure There's a trade-off between paying a player less/having more flexibility in the contract and potentially having the player you want taken in front of you. But that sort of argument more or less works for having the #4 pick instead of the #3 pick, the trade-off is similar if not perfectly analogous. Keep in mind that it has become popular to design contracts for second-round picks that mirror late first-round contracts with two guaranteed years and (effectively) two team options.

I think where it does help is in snagging that sort of second-tier international prospect, the guy who isn't good enough to go in the lottery but doesn't want to settle for about $1M per year for the first four years of his career and can do better financially in Europe/wherever. Second round picks allow for larger contracts than late firsts, if the player has the leverage to negotiate one, so maybe if we were looking at a guy like Zagars (just looking at mocks, I don't really know the international class this year) we'd rather have an early second than a late first.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
That lineup that the gd lakers closed out the quarter with looked like Kyle Kuzma and four guys he found hooping at the YMCA this morning.

Also, I am generally philosophically opposed to fat shaming, particularly professional athletes, all of whom are in way better shape than me, even the "fat" ones, but... jesus ****ing christ, somebody get Jared Dudley a Peleton, or something.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Our boy Caleb Swanigan getting first quarter minutes for Portland.

Ariza scored 10 in the first as a starter.

They are down 45-37 Dallas.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Swanigan (currently playing WITH Whiteside) to Ariza for the layup!

Ariza with the steal!

Gary Trent for THREEEEE!!!!

Former Kings FTW

Swanigan with great D on Seth Curry, streaks down the court for the layup!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.