[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (JAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I haven't been able to check in to this site as much in the past month so only just spotted this talk about basketball in the UK.

I'm obviously all for the yearly game in London. I don't know how logistically viable it will be to have NBA teams located in different continents but I know the one game a year here is really popular. The recent sixers/celtics game sold out in a matter of hours (20,000 tickets).

The British Basketball League (BBL) is growing in popularity also and I know for a fact my local team (Bristol Flyers) sell out their games months in advance. Admittedly they play in tiny gyms but still.

It also feels like the NBA is garnering much more media attention compared to when to a few years ago. If the idea is to expand the popularity of the sport I'd have to guess it's working here.
We're probably another decade from the NBA in Europe working, if it could even work at all. Even then, the only way it could work is if they put an entire division in Europe. I feel like basketball is popular enough over there that they could pull it off, if they put teams in the right cities (London, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Berlin?).

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
My favorite thing about Kiss Cams is when the camera dude accidentally spotlights a platonic pair and the awkward five seconds that ensue.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
So, I guess I want to talk about this: last night, Carmelo Anthony surpassed the twenty-five thousand point mark for his career. Somehow, there seem to be people who still think that Melo is not a Hall of Famer. Which, I think, begs the question... is he?

To me, he's a no-brainer: as has been pointed out, it's the Basketball Hall of Fame, not the NBA Hall of Fame, and an NCAA National Championship + three Olympic Gold Medals ought to do it. Besides, if you want to talk about his pro accomplishments, he doesn't have the postseason success, but he's been one of the best pure scorers in the history of the NBA for most of his career, and he also has the "magic number" for the Hall.

Who's arguing against Melo, and why?

Is there a particular article or something you're referring to?
No particular article...just all the talk about how a Isaiah went after Kevin when they had their closed door meeting.

Here's a article about Isaiah trying to defend himself http://www.nba.com/article/2018/01/28/isaiah-thomas-kevin-love-cleveland-cavaliers-no-problems#/

Nothing has changed from his stint here to Cleveland. He was very fortunate for his time in Boston - his team with no other shooters...it'll be interesting to see if the Cavs can grow & if I.T will still be there after the trade deadline.

Also...does anybody else want to see another team make it to the finals besides the Cavs & Warriors? Sick of this matchup. Would be nice to see John Wall & Beal do something. I like to see Russell Westbrook make it to the end.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The finger-pointing in Cleveland since Christmas has been seemingly non-stop, from players talking anonymously behind the backs of each other to public rifts between starters and denials that anything is wrong or needed to be done to remedy some the issues.
From http://www.nba.com/article/2018/01/28/isaiah-thomas-kevin-love-cleveland-cavaliers-no-problems#/

Hrm. Look at that. Players talking anonymously behind each other's backs. Double hrm. I kind of remember something like that being said about the Kings. Some even went so far as to accuse the very same IT of being the prime suspect.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
That IT and Kyrie switch was a freaking coup by Danny Ainge. He unloaded IT who has been nothing but toxic in Cle and got one of the top PGs out there. Yeesh. Cavs GM should be fired for that one (I guess you can't really fire Lebron har har).

From http://www.nba.com/article/2018/01/28/isaiah-thomas-kevin-love-cleveland-cavaliers-no-problems#/

Hrm. Look at that. Players talking anonymously behind each other's backs. Double hrm. I kind of remember something like that being said about the Kings. Some even went so far as to accuse the very same IT of being the prime suspect.
Yeah, I definitely remember those rumblings. I always believed the rumors, especially when he would point fingers when he was on the court.

Never really looked at him as a team player either. Refusing to come off our bench when his play really could have benefited the team. He said something similar recently when Ty Lue kept him out of the 4th quarter when the Cavs were in a groove.

http://www.newsweek.com/why-was-isaiah-thomas-upset-again-after-cavaliers-beat-pistons-793474

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
And now Kevin Love is out 6 to 8 weeks with a broken hand? Anybody check to see if IT has a voodoo doll with a pin in its hand in his locker? :p

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
And now Kevin Love is out 6 to 8 weeks with a broken hand? Anybody check to see if IT has a voodoo doll with a pin in its hand in his locker? :p
I'd say that this would be a good chance to trade Z-Bo to the Cavs but I wouldn't wish that horrible locker room situation on anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.