[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (JAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I feel like a game in Barcelona or elsewhere in Spain would make more sense because we already have a heavy basketball presence there...meanwhile, no one in the UK cares about basketball. I guess the NBA is just trying to tap into an untapped market?
Actually, I think there is a bit of basketball interest in the UK. We've had a number of fans from across the pond over the years. :)

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
https://twitter.com/DragonflyJonez/status/953300776088166400

Life is funny as hell. One day you're the best player on a team with Tyson Chandler, JR Smith, David West and Birdman then you split ways and everyone gets a ring except you and you out here wearing the glasses with the nose and moustache to go fight your former coach's son
My only objection to this tweet: Chris Paul never played on a team with JR Smith and Tyson Chandler. Now, he did play on a team with JR Smith and PJ Brown, who also went on to win a ring after leaving New Orleans. And he played on a team with Tyson Chandler and Peja Stojakovic, whom many Kings Fans will remember (most probably more fondly than I) also went on to win a ring after leaving New Orleans.

With Kidd gone, the number of coaches that refuse running a modern offensive and defensive scheme despite of personel is further decreasing. Currently I count Joerger with the Kings and maybe SVG in Detroit (although Drummond looked better than expected at the high post, at least to start the season). Also Thibs in Minnesota and Malone in Denver but it makes sense with their personel.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Shifting gears slightly, I don't know who's in charge of supplying the Pelicans with orange slices and Gatorade at halftime, but whoever that is, they need to be fired. And, by fired, I mean fired out of a cannon: tonight was, like, the ninth time this month that New Orleans got outscored by double-digits in the third quarter.

Somebody needs to get @6th on the case.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
And that's why some of us fought so hard against getting rid of him. :(

I'll be honest, however. He wouldn't have done it here. I wish him all the luck in the world ... and I'm incredibly glad I have his jersey.
Mostly because the Kings would've lost by so much that Boogie'd be sitting out most of the final quarter.

The thing getting overlooked is that the Pels overcame a 17-pt deficit with 5 minutes to go. Eerily similar to the 18 pt comeback the Kings had last season against the Clips.

Actually, I think there is a bit of basketball interest in the UK. We've had a number of fans from across the pond over the years. :)
I haven't been able to check in to this site as much in the past month so only just spotted this talk about basketball in the UK.

I'm obviously all for the yearly game in London. I don't know how logistically viable it will be to have NBA teams located in different continents but I know the one game a year here is really popular. The recent sixers/celtics game sold out in a matter of hours (20,000 tickets).

The British Basketball League (BBL) is growing in popularity also and I know for a fact my local team (Bristol Flyers) sell out their games months in advance. Admittedly they play in tiny gyms but still.

It also feels like the NBA is garnering much more media attention compared to when to a few years ago. If the idea is to expand the popularity of the sport I'd have to guess it's working here.

Status
Not open for further replies.