[NBA] Comments that don't merit their own thread (Pre-Season)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate calling dudes injury prone but it looks like Dante Exum broke his shoulder this time.
While you never want to see anyone hurt it could actually help the Jazz since its now clears even more time for Donovan Mitchell who looks like a potential beast and Alec Burks who if he's ever injury free could really be good also.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The more I watch Marquese Chriss, the more I see a Donte Greene given free reign to do whatever the hell he wants for no reason whatsoever. He has all the potential in the world but he's also dumber than a box of rocks.

The more I watch Marquese Chriss, the more I see a Donte Greene given free reign to do whatever the hell he wants for no reason whatsoever. He has all the potential in the world but he's also dumber than a box of rocks.
Him and Skal are going to battle it out for a long time. Skal destroyed him last year and then Chriss basically punked our entire summer league roster this year.

I do with Skal had his motor though. Chriss is wild but you can't say that he doesn't put in the effort.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Chriss = Tyrus Thomas with extended range

The Brooklyn Nets based on nothing but preseason form (3 games) look like the 2nd coming of the Atlanta Hawks the team that won like 60 games in terms the way they played they even have Mozgov shooting 3's and there young core of LeVert/DLO/RHJ (massive improvement in his mid range game)/Allen is pretty underrated. Carroll is looking like the Hawks version off himself playing in the system.

Team is built for modern day basketball in terms of scrapping and 3 point shooting will be interesting to see if it fizzles out during the regular season.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Memphis already deciding to cut Wade Baldwin after only one year. Yeesh.

I know Grit-n-Grind is dead but what the hell are the Grizzlies trying to do?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Memphis sure isn't wasting time are they? giving up on their first round pick after his rookie season? They must of felt they made a mistake with that selection, come to think of it, nearly that entire draft has been a atrocity.

Jerrell Martin showed he could be a decent bench player for the Grizz moving forward and they needed a back up PF to Green for the 15th spot. But man they really must think Baldwin sucks or Andrew Harrison is a diamond in the ruff really surprised they let Baldwin go.

Memphis sure isn't wasting time are they? giving up on their first round pick after his rookie season? They must of felt they made a mistake with that selection, come to think of it, nearly that entire draft has been a atrocity.
1 year later, while it's too early to really judge, the draft has looked underwhelming. In general, the Grizz have been horrible drafters and developers.

2016:
17th pick Wade Baldwin (waived)
31st pick Deyonta Davis (raw)
35th pick Rade Zagorac (signed to 3year deal 1 1/2 years guaranteed, waived)

2015:
25th pick Jarell Martin (underwhelming)

2014:
22nd pick Jordan Adams (waived and injured)

2013:
25th pick Tony Wroten (traded him after 1 year)

At least they aren't lotto picks, but boy, have the Grizzlies been horrible at developing talent.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
1 year later, while it's too early to really judge, the draft has looked underwhelming. In general, the Grizz have been horrible drafters and developers.

2016:

2015:

2014:

2013:

At least they aren't lotto picks, but boy, have the Grizzlies been horrible at developing talent.

Wasn't Joerger the guy who had that particular responsibility for three of the four years in question?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer

2016:

2015:

2014:

2013:

to their defense, the majority of tthose have been late draft picks...and the probability of landing a productive player decreases as you get towards the second round

Wasn't Joerger the guy who had that particular responsibility for three of the four years in question?
Oops I misspoke. Wroten was drafted in 2012 not 2013(Joerger was still their assistance coach). In 2013 they drafted Jamaal Franklin in the 2nd.
Joerger during his time in Memphis was known as a coach who didn't play young inexperienced guys. Might've contributed to their lack of player development, but I'm not too worried about it here. He knows we're in a rebuild now, and there's no pressure on him to win.
Not going to give Joerger most of the credit, last year felt like our 1st real year of being able to develop talent. Others might've seen it differently, but Skal was not an NBA player coming out of college. Now, he's become a guy who can play at least 5-10mins. Papa was self-explanatory, but he's made major strides since his first SL. Malachi looked at least "not too lost" when he got limited PT. I think we should be good in hands..

to their defense, the majority of tthose have been late draft picks...and the probability of landing a productive player decreases as you get towards the second round
For a Kings fan to criticize any other team for their drafting...... lol. But some teams are just terrible at drafting. Memphis just happens to be one of those teams. Xavier Henry, OJ Mayo, and Hasheem Thabeet.

Status
Not open for further replies.