Moses Moody vs James Bouknight: Better rookie year?

Who had the better Rookie year?

• Moses Moody

• James Bouknight

• Tie: No winner

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
If Moody was drafted by Kings and put up those numbers and only played 50 games I would actually not be very high on Monte right now. (although I don't know all the details as I just didn't watch him, I know both went through some serious shooting struggles). But it's tough to evaluate when the team was in contention for a 2 seed.

A guy playing 30 games on the Hornets may not be long for this league.
I think the thing that's become abundantly clear is that, while arguments could probably be made for Sengun or Ziare Williams, Davion Mitchell certainly hasn't turned out to be the wrong pick at 9th overall in the way that every non-Fox player Vlade ever drafted was.

Last edited:
The poll is biased, so I’m not donating to sh*t. Both players had horrible seasons and Bouknight played behind a number of players. Starts don’t matter when one player is on a team competing for a chance to get into the play in and another team is resting their starters.
The bet clearly states who the better rookie was. Didn't say if a rookie had to be a certain level of good. It's not my fault your guy couldn't beat the 9th-10th man role that Moody was this year.

But whatever you say Welchy Mcwelcherson.

The bet clearly states who the better rookie was. Didn't say if a rookie had to be a certain level of good. It's not my fault your guy couldn't beat the 9th-10th man role that Moody was this year.

But whatever you say Welchy Mcwelcherson.
Guess I shouldn’t be surprised. You think a middling GM is great only because his most recent peers have sucked. I prefer outcomes where there’s some substance like Moody being the plug and play 3 and D that you predicted and Bouknight sucking or a Bouknight being the 3 level scoring beast that I predicted and Moody sucking. They both were horrible.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Well, several things are apparent to me.

1) Moody is going to win the poll (and thus, The_Jamal is going to win the bet).
2) The_Jamal deserves to win the bet, because while neither player played well, or played much, Moody clearly had the better year.
3) kb02 will not be paying up on the bet.
4) Donating to charity is an objective good, and one which I have not done in too long of a time.

Therefore:

Name your charity, @The_Jamal. I will donate $100.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
One where the stats aren’t a push. This is a popularity contest.
  1. That's not how polls work.
  2. The stats aren't a push; one clearly had better stats than the other one. You can attribute that to extenuating circumstances, and I do, but that doesn't appear to have been a condition of the bet.

kb02 for all the financial flexing you do around here just pay the goddamned bet.

Jamal I'm in for $500 assuming it's a 503(c).
Gripe all yhall want. Moody didn’t have a better season then Bouknight. Both sucked. Not donating, because of that. Plain and simple.

Then why didn't you propose Jones versus Moody, instead? Why did you agree to a bet that you had no intention of honoring, if you lost?
Had all intentions of honoring my bet. If I lost. This is a popularity contest. In no world did Moody have a better year than Bouknight. Both sucked.

Lol @The_Jamal isn’t even asking you to pay him for losing the bet. It’s donate to a f’n charity. Even if you don’t like the results, knowing it’s for a greater good should take the sting off of the loss. It’s bad enough you look bad backing out on a bet that is public, but you’re backing out of giving to charity too?
We’ve given plenty this year, in the form of appreciated stock. So not gonna lose any sleep on not giving more to a charity.

kb02 for all the financial flexing you do around here just pay the goddamned bet.

Jamal I'm in for $500 assuming it's a 503(c).
Well, several things are apparent to me.

1) Moody is going to win the poll (and thus, The_Jamal is going to win the bet).
2) The_Jamal deserves to win the bet, because while neither player played well, or played much, Moody clearly had the better year.
3) kb02 will not be paying up on the bet.
4) Donating to charity is an objective good, and one which I have not done in too long of a time.

Therefore:

Name your charity, @The_Jamal. I will donate $100.
Amazing! You guys are awesome. Here's a bit of info:

https://www.sacramentoyouthsymphony.org/donate

https://www.sacramentoyouthsymphony.org/-about

Music has been a major part of my life (one of my majors) and I worked with this organization when I was at Sac State. They do an amazing job at giving kids a chance to to perform/learn music with really talented musical educators and other talented musicians. Especially with covid the last 2 years, students haven't been able to perform nearly as much and if they have, it's with severe restrictions. Firm believer in continuing music/arts education.

Music has been a major part of my life (one of my majors) and I worked with this organization when I was at Sac State. They do an amazing job at giving kids a chance to to perform/learn music with really talented musical educators and other talented musicians. Especially with covid the last 2 years, students haven't been able to perform nearly as much and if they have, it's with severe restrictions. Firm believer in continuing music/arts education.
Awesome, I was actually looking for a music charity. Working on this right now.

edit: no screen shot because I'm not giving through the page, but it's done.

Last edited:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Had all intentions of honoring my bet.
Your conduct in this thread does not support that statement.

In no world did Moody have a better year than Bouknight.
Moody had a better year than Bouknight in the world in which their counting stats were similar, but his advanced stats were better than Bouknight's. Which is this one.

Both sucked.
This also does not appear to have been a condition of the bet.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member

There wasn't a symphony around where I grew up, so I never had an opportunity to play a string instrument. As an adult, I've really come to love the voice of the cello and I wonder if I had had the opportunity to play in a symphony if I might have picked it up. As it happens, I did start playing trumpet in 6th grade and stuck with it throughout high school in marching and concert bands, and while I haven't played since, I'm certain that my experience was formative in my love of music and general (though certainly limited) musical acumen.

I would never have thought about donating to a youth symphony, but presented with the opportunity, I think it's a wonderful idea, and I hope this small amount can help kids along a lifelong path! $100 donated.

Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 7.53.22 PM.png

There wasn't a symphony around where I grew up, so I never had an opportunity to play a string instrument. As an adult, I've really come to love the voice of the cello and I wonder if I had had the opportunity to play in a symphony if I might have picked it up. As it happens, I did start playing trumpet in 6th grade and stuck with it throughout high school in marching and concert bands, and while I haven't played since, I'm certain that my experience was formative in my love of music and general (though certainly limited) musical acumen.

I would never have thought about donating to a youth symphony, but presented with the opportunity, I think it's a wonderful idea, and I hope this small amount can help kids along a lifelong path! $100 donated.

View attachment 11023
Awesome story. While many don't continue to pursue music after high school, I've seen time and time again give kids an outlet to be apart of something and feel like they belong. It's sad that music ed is often one of the first programs cut, but I'd argue it's probably the most applicable of any subject to the real world:

1. Teaches hard work and dedication to learn an instrument and read music. Work ethic
2A. Teaches you how to work well with others in a group environment to succeed as a "team".
2B. Everyone is important to the success of the band. No one is on the sideline.
3. Teaches grace under pressure to perform in front of an audience and other people
4. Teaches you to be self-critical and how to learn from your mistakes.
5. A more personal anecdote, but have made life-long friends in high school and college through music and band programs.

Donating as well, because this thread has made me incredibly nostalgic and happy for the music experience I had growing up. Wouldn't change it for the world.

1649994196123.png

When I retire hopefully not too far off in the distance I hope to be more involved with youth music programs, I've thought about creating a non-profit venue or maybe if I go off grid a bit get friends to host music camps if the space I find allows it. I probably won't have the resources to see those through but hopefully I'll have an able body/heart.

My first favorite teacher was the instrumental music teacher at my k-8 (Mr. Maxson). Gave me a love for the Beatles and Black Sabbath and the Police's Synchronicity II. Actually made a donation to them tonight as well.

Regardless of the poll question the whole forum would be against Kb02 due to his trashing of the golden child Fox.
I didn't even know who bet what when the question was posted. It seems that the choices are either Moody or neither though. And I curtailed my vote because I haven't watched either team extensively and had higher expectations for Moody, I had to google to see that Bouknight was actually picked 3 spots higher. It isn't a knockout or even a TKO but it has to be a majority decision. A bet's a bet and the terms were clear. We'll see if he comes around.

Had a long day…this thread didn’t help my mood. I’ll cover the next welch. Went through work for the matching.

View attachment 11027
Holy! Mind-blowing donation man, thank you. It's amazing how much a welch on a charity bet can truly bring everyone together and ultimately help a great cause. That's $1650 total posted donations with $1000 from yourself, the $500 from PDX, the $100 from Capt and the $50 from me.

Sacramento Youth Symphony gets some incredible donations from some amazing KF.com members and I get the immense satisfaction of being right and 1-0 vs KB02 in bets. Pretty much the definition of a "win-win"

Last edited:
Holy! Mind-blowing donation man, thank you. It's amazing how much a welch on a charity bet can truly bring everyone together ultimately helps a great cause. That's $1650 total posted donations with $1000 from yourself, the $500 from PDX, the $100 from Capt and the $50 from me.

Sacramento Youth Symphony gets some incredible donations from some amazing KF.com members and I get the immense satisfaction of being right and 1-0 vs KB02 in bets. Pretty much the definition of a "win-win"
$2650 if you count Sluggah's company match, which you should.