Monte McNair Closes season talking to press, pledges to add shooting and build around Sabonis

Lot of "aw shucks" softball questions from lame Sac go along to get along dumb press - no surprise. It's almost noon time so they can now all go have pizza together at Mark Jones favorite downtown spot on Kings expense account reminisce on another lousy season. Way too many "you know" and more endless you knows from McNair. He needs to not sound like Alvin Gentry who uses "you know" like some high school dropout with limited vocabulary. Both need training how to professionally express themselves, stop sounding so... ah, ah, ah, you know!

Last edited:

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Adding shooting is the easy part. Adding shooting and defense will be a challenge and we need both. Probably the easiest path to the playoffs next season would be better seasons out of the guys we already have. That would mean Queta and/or Jones getting regular minutes and having an impact, Fox/Mitchell and Davis/DDV (if he's back) all shooting 37% or better from deep, and finding a plus defender at a wing position in the draft. When everyone is clicking at once, that's when they start having fun and a good team that enjoys playing together is tough for anyone to stop.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
It does give a little insight into who he would prefer to draft. Someone who is a little raw but has a higher ceiling would be passed up for someone who may have a lower ceiling but is "ready for the NBA." I don't think that statement matters if it's a top 4 pick, but it might tip his hand towards who we're looking at with the 7th pick.

Lot of "aw shucks" softball questions from lame Sac go along to get along dumb press - no surprise. It's almost noon time so they can now all go have pizza together at Mark Jones favorite downtown spot on Kings expense account reminisce on another lousy season. Way too many "you know" and more endless you knows from McNair. He needs to not sound like Alvin Gentry who uses "you know" like some high school dropout with limited vocabulary. Both need training how to professionally express themselves, stop sounding so... ah, ah, ah, you know!

Pretty much part of how most people express themselves whether we like it or not. I’m a lit cigarette transatlantic accent guy myself.

It does give a little insight into who he would prefer to draft. Someone who is a little raw but has a higher ceiling would be passed up for someone who may have a lower ceiling but is "ready for the NBA." I don't think that statement matters if it's a top 4 pick, but it might tip his hand towards who we're looking at with the 7th pick.
Good thing for Monte, this guy, Ochai Agbaji is probably going to be there. Might just be one of the better pros in the draft too.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
shooting alone will not help propel this team in a position for long term success, more defense should and I imagine will be another top priority whether it's the draft pick, trade or summer free agency. I like what Monte has done so far, he's patient, has a plan and view and it will take some time for it to play out. Whether it's successful or not remains to be seen but I'm willing to wait, I have no other choice not to, I'm not changing teams unless they move out of town.