MONARCHS vs Shock Game 5

Definitely disappointed at the moment yet congratulatory to Detroit.
...But I wonder why Erin only played a mere 2 minutes.
Anybody else with that on their minds as well?
Erin, our 2nd leading scorer in the regular season, 2 minutes in Game 5 of the Finals? Sounds crazy to me!
And Haynie did GREAT. Kudos to her!

They had Erin miked up, and she only played 1:59...I don't think they played anything she said...or Plenette (was she the one hooked up?) I think a lot of people wanted to see Erin play. In the finals she only avg. 4.2 ppg (which of course would've been nice to have in this game...a lil' extra points...but that's still about 5 points below her avg in '06.) But still..I would've loved to see Erin play more minutes absolutely! Who wouldn't? She's got that smile! lol

I was calling for Erin throughout? I also wanted to see Tanti start the 3rd quarter, she gave us a spark in the 2nd...just some thoughts not 2nd guessing.
Time to focus on keeping our teams in Sacramento!

I'm proud of the Monarchs this season, and proud to be their fan.

Teams do not win or loose because of one player. If Tweety had been the only one scoring for Detroit, I don't think they would have won. She was hot in the first half, but we were still up by 8 at the half. Unfortunately for Sac, Katie Smith got hot as well in the 2nd half, and Ticha was far from the only Sac player who was shooting cold. We run this, we loose this as a team.

I do hope, as others have suggested, that we sign or draft someone(s) in the off-season that can make their own shots from the perimeter...and I can't wait to see what Nicole, Becky, Showtime, and Haynie develop into as players...I REALLY like our future.

Thanks Monarchs for a GREAT RUN!

Get out the YES vote on Q & R!