Mobley....assists!??!?!

did yall realize mobley has become much more of a passer lately...he had a whopping 6 assists last night...thats probably a career high for him...lol...either way...do yall think it is good for us to have him passing more or do yall think he should keep doing what he is used to and take it up all the time?

F

Fillmoe

i think him passing is nice but it really wouldnt make too much of a difference if he wasnt as much of a passer....... 75% of our team is pass first shoot second and they share the ball.... i think last nights game was the first time bibby didnt have 10 assists since webber left, that number had to do with mobley having 6 aswell.....

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Actually I disagree with that -- our team is no LONGER a very strong passing team. Everyu assist helps at this point, because Mike's been having to be a one man gang post-trade, and its wearing him out and causing us to have a lot of offensive flameouts.

Also disagree though that this is the first time we've seen Cat pass. Think he even had a game with 10 ast back in Jan/Feb. Comes and goes with him.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Bricklayer said:
Actually I disagree with that -- our team is no LONGER a very strong passing team. Everyu assist helps at this point, because Mike's been having to be a one man gang post-trade, and its wearing him out and causing us to have a lot of offensive flameouts.

Also disagree though that this is the first time we've seen Cat pass. Think he even had a game with 10 ast back in Jan/Feb. Comes and goes with him.
I would have to agree to a certain extent. Our team is nowhere as strong a passing team as it was before. Not because we can't pass anymore, but because this team is still finding eachother out.

The kind of passing game the Kings play is about knowing where everybody is going to be on the court at certain times. I doubt these guys even have that many plays down. Its a project but I think these guys will get it together. The last couple of games have certainly been promising. I noticed a couple of games ago the Kings actually ran a fairly smooth fast break. You can never take these little things that seem so effortless for granted.

10bibby10 said:
did yall realize mobley has become much more of a passer lately...he had a whopping 6 assists last night...thats probably a career high for him...lol...either way...do yall think it is good for us to have him passing more or do yall think he should keep doing what he is used to and take it up all the time?
He had 10 assists earlier this season with the Kings.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
SacTownKid said:
I would have to agree to a certain extent. Our team is nowhere as strong a passing team as it was before. Not because we can't pass anymore, but because this team is still finding eachother out.
No its more than jsut not knowing each other, its having lost arguably the three best passers at their postions in the entire NBA in the space of 9 months. The four-headed passing attack has become one-headed. KT will eventually be able to get some assists, Cat already does, Brad will of course, but none of those guys is as good as the guy they replaced. System or not, they aren't going to make the special pass nearly as often.

Bricklayer said:
No its more than jsut not knowing each other, its having lost arguably the three best passers at their postions in the entire NBA in the space of 9 months. The four-headed passing attack has become one-headed. KT will eventually be able to get some assists, Cat already does, Brad will of course, but none of those guys is as good as the guy they replaced. System or not, they aren't going to make the special pass nearly as often.
I gave up trying to make this point a while ago, good post though.

Bricklayer said:
Hey I'll trade a few assists a game for a more mobile defensive/rebounding unit anyday. The passing will be there.

I still think we can be just as strong passing the ball, It dosen't take the best passers in the league to get assists in our offence, its mostly pick and roll handoffs,cutters swinging on the perimeter and back door cuts, all of our guys are capable of making those kind of passes, Once they learn the system even more and we get Miller back I'm sure we'll be averaging 25 asts a game still, Thomas has showed the potential to be a "good" passer and he has the IQ you need to run the princeton offence, We all know Miller can put up 5 asts a game, and even Skinner has shown he understands the pick & roll hand offs and when to swing the ball. You can also see in Pejas game that he is becoming more of a passer, the last five games he's averaging over 3 asts a game.