Mike Bibby at the line

Entity

Hall of Famer
The man once considered our best clutch shooter at times has now over the last 2 weeks has become the man i don't want to see at the line. Just off the top of my head i can think of 6 FT he has missed with less than a minute left. He does it again tonight when we have a chance to pull within 2 with 15 seconds left he missed them both. Any thoughts on what is going on with Mike and his Free Throws.

Entity said:
The man once considered our best clutch shooter at times has now over the last 2 weeks has become the man i don't want to see at the line. Just off the top of my head i can think of 6 FT he has missed with less than a minute left. He does it again tonight when we have a chance to pull within 2 with 15 seconds left he missed them both. Any thoughts on what is going on with Mike and his Free Throws.
He's becoming worst than Shaq.

Entity

Hall of Famer
his % don't go down much because he is 100% the first 46 min of the game. Its the last 2 minutes that he decides he isn't going to make these. One good thing is. This may be costing us some games right now. BUT this is something that could take a complete 180 by the time the playoffs come.

i said the other day in the Boston game thread that we were a game or two away from Mike Bibby officially getting sick of his FT shooting and hearing stories about how he's been practicing them from hours on end...well....WE'RE HERE

all i know is if Mike isn't practicing his FTs during the all star break....::shrugs::...i don't even know what to say

Bibby Is Choke!!!

Bibby defines clutch???... come on clutch mean you make big shots, especially free throws... BIBBY IS CLUTCH, EXCEPT FOR FREE THROWS.... COME ON... BIBBY IS CHOKE, is more like it!!! Bibby has missed more free throws in the last 2 minutes of games this year than anyone else!!!

He seemed to be awfully frustrated that the ref was stalling and wouldn't give him the ball... So he was already angry enough, then add the situation he's in... Equals missed free throws...

He's been playing hard all season long & he's banged up & tired. he doesn't have much lift in his shot as he used to. he's been carrying the load of bringing up the ball esp now that DC is gone & BJack's still out; Cat's not as good in getting into the offense to bring up the ball & set plays just yet. He's been agressive in looking for his shot most of which have came when nothing is going well for the team. & it also may be a reason that psychologically he's hurting with all the heartbreakers the Kings have gone thru lately. Yeah i know he's a great athlete who's getting paid millions & millions of dollars but hey, after all he still is human.

Not saying he's not clutch coz he still is & he'll always be. He's just tired at this point of the season & it's good he's among the snubs in the All-Star show so he can get much rest he needs.

I know how much it's been frustrating for our beloved team lately but what matters now is that no one else gets injured, take one game at a time, adjust, & finish the regular season strong.

Go Bib!

Go KINGS!

iheartBrad said:
to be fair though its all in his head...its not like he is a horrible FT shooter
yeah, it's definitely in his head now, the question is, how do you fix that??? Extra practice won't work, he just needs to concentrate, hit a couple of big ones, and then everything will be fine. In the meantime, we grin (or grit our teeth) and bear it .. the guy may miss FTs for a while, but he is still playing his heart out out there. Loved the block towards the end of the 4th.... is it my imagination, or is his defense looking a little better?

^i think Mike always plays better both offensively and defensively when he's pissed...and i mentioned in the game thread when i could tell that he had enough and was officially pissed

ImaKingsFan said:
Free throws are about 90% mental. I think Bibby is having probs because his confidence has been shaken and he is thinking about it too much.
exactly. did you see him trying to get the ball from the ref. he was in a real hurry and got upset that he wasn't getting the ball quick enough. he doesn't have confidence in his foul shooting.

Entity said:
Any thoughts on what is going on with Mike and his Free Throws.
He said in an article a while ago that he hadn't been working on his shot quite as obssesively as he had in the past because he was woried about tiring himself out before the playoffs.

Also in a recent article (today or yesterday -- might have even read it here) that he hasn't taken any shots since rolling the ankle. I think the ankle is bothering him more than he's letting on - I remember the year he broke his foot, he finished off the season in pain.

And, lastly, he's CLEARLY bothered by his recent free throw problems and thinking about it WAY too much. Watching him at the line today was almost painful. He got flustered when he didn't get the ball right away and you almost knew he was going to miss them. Way too tense.

GoGoGadget said:
He said in an article a while ago that he hadn't been working on his shot quite as obssesively as he had in the past because he was woried about tiring himself out before the playoffs.

Also in a recent article (today or yesterday -- might have even read it here) that he hasn't taken any shots since rolling the ankle. I think the ankle is bothering him more than he's letting on - I remember the year he broke his foot, he finished off the season in pain.

And, lastly, he's CLEARLY bothered by his recent free throw problems and thinking about it WAY too much. Watching him at the line today was almost painful. He got flustered when he didn't get the ball right away and you almost knew he was going to miss them. Way too tense.
Yeah his rhythm just seems off at the line lately. At least His jump shot(especially in the clutch) is looking ok.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Entity said:
He's going through a bit of a slump? Aliens have taken control of him? His fingers have suddenly turned into stuffed sausages? The earth has shifted on its axis causing a subtle but discernable shift in the gravitational pull?

BTW, you do know he missed that second one on purpose so the Kings could go for the board and a possible basket, right?