Metta World Peace

Ron Metta World Peace Tru Warior Artest

• Total voters
Though we could use his services, I doubt that Metta meets Vivek's criteria of high character guys. I would be quite surprised if we even put a bid in. I am hoping PDA is looking at acquiring a starting SF somewhere from someone.
Deng for MT makes way too much sense for both teams

It sure would be nice if it worked out like that. I would like to see it happen, Deng would certainly upgrade our SF slot immensely and would be the best SF we had since Artest/Metta. Maybe PDA has something up his sleeve, he hasn't exactly been predictable with moves so far.

unlikely, imo. they'll make another run at it, now that Rose is back and cross all their toes and fingers that they stay healthy for once. then, next offseason they'll amnesty Boozer, maybe let Deng walk and go from there. it would be foolish of them to break up that group now.

unlikely, imo. they'll make another run at it, now that Rose is back and cross all their toes and fingers that they stay healthy for once. then, next offseason they'll amnesty Boozer, maybe let Deng walk and go from there. it would be foolish of them to break up that group now.
I know it's unlikely, but it makes a lot of sense since they've been shopping Deng, they've needed a SG essentially since Jordan retired, and we have a large, gaping hole at SF. With the Tony Snell pick and the Dunleavy signing, Deng is expendable if need be. Or so one would think

I know it's unlikely, but it makes a lot of sense since they've been shopping Deng, they've needed a SG essentially since Jordan retired, and we have a large, gaping hole at SF. With the Tony Snell pick and the Dunleavy signing, Deng is expendable if need be. Or so one would think
they have Butler, too, though and Thibodeau would probably rather keep playing him 48 minutes a game than deal with Thornton and his defense.

as for Peace:

Shahan Ahmed ‏@shahanLA 26m
Metta World Peace just told @mcten and I that he has no desire to play in the NBA next season. Not for Knick, Nets, Clippers..no one #Lakers

John Schuhmann ‏@johnschuhmann 23m
! RT @mcten: MWP told @shahanLA & I that playing in China is indeed his No. 1 priority. After that? Coaching or - no joke - arena football

lol.

Last edited:
Thornton made sense for the Bulls before they signed Dunleavy. Now, no need to lose an asset like Deng for backcourt scoring.

origkds

What- Me Worry?
Judge Roy Bean and Vivek Ranadive are looking for men of "high moral fiber and good character". Huh, I would be very surprised if this is who they had in mind as their poster boy.

[video=youtube_share;ZhM5jCO_I5M]http://youtu.be/ZhM5jCO_I5M[/video]

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Judge Roy Bean and Vivek Ranadive are looking for men of "high moral fiber and good character". Huh, I would be very surprised if this is who they had in mind as their poster boy.
I suspect they're probably going to have to bow to reality on that one sooner rather than later, and just go for guys who play hard. Not that I was advocating MWP before he wet to China mind you.