Metta World Peace

Ron Metta World Peace Tru Warior Artest

• Total voters
we need veteran presence, defense, shooting and are weak at SF.
This guy is 33 years old defense focused, 34% 3pt shooting SF.
What can possibly go wrong :p

In the worst case you have WWE which sells tickets too.

It's Malone and PDA we gotta worry about. A rookie coach and gm really don't need the aggravation or distraction that MWP can cause.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Yep. And that's why I voted "leaning towards yes". This is one instance where I'm pretty glad I'm not the one making the decision.
I remember how you felt when he was with us before and this is a spectacular change of mind. Tick, tock, tick tock. If we can't get AK47, let's get him. Either needs to be done soon as I can't hold my breath any longer.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I'm leaning towards yes. If for no other reason, he is a better SF than anyone else on our roster. He would also provide something our roster needs. Defense, toughness, veteran and did I mention we need a SF?

If he's cheap, I say yes. If PDA can somehow get a better SF, then no.
We are backed into a corner with the continuing hole at SF. MWP is a bonafied SF and can create havoc on defense if he is half what he used to be. Not being a Lakers fan, I haven't followed him.

Give cousins the max and get a SF! MWP is fine, we all love him, and if he takes care of his dogs this time around he can be as crazy as be wants, as long as no one is getting hurt.

And I was coming here with the MWP thing as a joke.

It really has reached the point where you're thinking sure...

But its also reached the point where we could create such a cluster **** that we lose a franchise center who leaves town shaking his head in disgust. MWP scares me for that reason. Hi Boogie, we really want you to be our franchise guy. Here's a new batch of chuckers to take your shots, and oh, how about a certifiable loon as the cherry! Have fun this season!

It would literally double my chances of getting behind this idea if we announced we had signed Cuz to that max extension this summer.

All we are saying, it's give Peace a chance! :D

Seriously, you know you are scraping the bottom of the barrel when you are picking up Ron Ron off the amnesty waiver to address what has been your most pressing need for some 5-6 years!

I think it would be a good pick up. We would have a journeyman at the 3 for at least a year, maybe two, while we try to get the sf of the future in next years draft. I'm in.

Give peace a chance!

hahaha
I love Ron, always been one of my favourite players. And if we're gonna make bat**** crazy moves I think he fits in nicely.

Edit: just to clarify me voting "Definitely" was out of pure jokes.

Last edited:
Wow. The argument I was making until the team started chasing Ellis, and Dave is still making, is that you have to view the Landry move as an attempt to change the chemistry in the locker-room. Ellis clearly doesn’t fit that narrative. Now, Dave is saying the Kings should sign Ron-Ron. Totally logical!

Maybe he’ll snap out of it but Dave’s basically just blindly backing people he likes. I know some are joking but the people really saying yes are insane.

Wow. The argument I was making until the team started chasing Ellis, and Dave is still making, is that you have to view the Landry move as an attempt to change the chemistry in the locker-room. Ellis clearly doesn’t fit that narrative. Now, Dave is saying the Kings should sign Ron-Ron. Totally logical!

Maybe he’ll snap out of it but Dave’s basically just blindly backing people he likes. I know some are joking but the people really saying yes are insane.
I don't think Artest is a cancer in the locker room. He was a good team mate as far as I can remember. Maybe his dog had an issue with him but that's about it.

Wasn't PDA saying we need a veteran SF to cover the position short term?

Our options may be very limited at SF, MWP has only one year on his contract so an amnesty bid only ties up 2-3 mil for 1 year til next year

1 If it works out great , Cuz and Metta work out great on the court, maybe you extend one or two yrs

2 If we get a great SF in draft or the two cannot co-exist, next year you let him go

If Ellis is getting the big bucks, I don't think we can afford AK-47

For the pro Artest people, does the fact that Artest doesn't have the foot speed to cover SF anymore but is really another undersized PF at this point in his career have any influence on your opinion?

for Vasquez, Landry and Cuz to work offensively, we desperately need shooting from the SF. MWP doesn't bring that in any way shape or form. his defense has really fallen off, too. not a fan.

No way. MWP is shell of his former lock down D self and poor offensive weapon now as well. Age has now clearly caught up with him. I liked him at one time as an NBA elite player on the court - no longer. He's at best back up player somewhere, hopefully not on Kings and not with long term contract. MWP simply doesn't provide sound answer for Kings at SF. Too much risk, too little reward.

Actually, Metta had a sort of comeback season last year. Very respectable numbers for a role playing SF with a defensive focus. People will say his defense tailed off, and it did, but he still has a ton of pride on that end, and he is still above average in my opinion. Brings a tough, bully style that this team could use.

I'd be open to making a bid. One year left, and he's better / more interesting than Salmons. And he's not a bad teammate. Most of his teammates love him, but I would worry about the actual influence he could have on some of the players.

I wouldn't be upset either way. He'd bring a defensive attitude even if the defensive talent isn't where it used to be. Veteran NBA champion with ties to Sacramento already. We could do worse. Actually, we are doing worse. (Salmons).

And I was coming here with the MWP thing as a joke.

It really has reached the point where you're thinking sure...

But its also reached the point where we could create such a cluster **** that we lose a franchise center who leaves town shaking his head in disgust. MWP scares me for that reason. Hi Boogie, we really want you to be our franchise guy. Here's a new batch of chuckers to take your shots, and oh, how about a certifiable loon as the cherry! Have fun this season!

It would literally double my chances of getting behind this idea if we announced we had signed Cuz to that max extension this summer.

Being in LA I get to see Metta in interviews and games a lot and honestly he is very chill most of the time.

He has grown A LOT as a person since his Pacers, and even Kings' days. Unless Cuz for some reason goes at Metta or targets Metta, I don't think there would be any problems.

On some weird level, Metta might actually be able to communicate with Cousins because he was very much like Cuz when he was his age. People wonder what goes on inside DeMarcus' head sometimes for the bonehead things that he does.

Well, Metta did a lot of those things too and maybe they can understand each other and Metta can show Cousins how to grow from that.

I ended up putting "Definitely" because it could be worse at this point.

He also did a great job when he was here. He does have mental issues but so do a lot of other people out there.

My understanding is that he already loves Sac.

Absolutely not. I don't want any filthy laker toilet scum stinking up the organization that I'm a fan of. How could we even expect Demarcus to resign when there is such a wretched, foul stench polluting the locker room air.

Though we could use his services, I doubt that Metta meets Vivek's criteria of high character guys. I would be quite surprised if we even put a bid in. I am hoping PDA is looking at acquiring a starting SF somewhere from someone.